搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有無加拿大國際的家長?
查看: 13974|回覆: 57
go

有無加拿大國際的家長? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-9-25 08:25 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
小孩喜歡上學嗎?老師質數如何?
我plan仔仔先讀anfield, 然後再考cndis, 如果入到K, 係咪直上小學?

3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-9-25 08:53 |只看該作者
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 08:25
小孩喜歡上學嗎?老師質數如何?
我plan仔仔先讀anfield, 然後再考cndis, 如果入到K, 係咪直上小學?

Not trying to be fear mongering, but with the issues of CDNIS this past year between parents, teachers, and the administration, is it a wise choice, especially when there are so many IS out there?

3#
發表於 15-9-25 09:15 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:oneonemama+發表於+15-9-25+08:25+小

原帖由 random_dad 於 15-09-25 發表
Not trying to be fear mongering, but with the issues of CDNIS this past year between parents, teache ...
As my son has Canadian passport and we plan to move back to Canada when he is 10 years old
Any other international school will u suggest?

4#
發表於 15-9-25 09:25 |只看該作者
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 09:15
As my son has Canadian passport and we plan to move back to Canada when he is 10 years old
Any othe ...
CDNIS, Delia, and CAIS are the three that I am aware of that uses a Canadian curriculum, either Ontario or Alberta.

5#
發表於 15-9-25 10:00 |只看該作者
吾係用家,不過識好多朋友的仔女讀緊。考到reception,係直上小學的。

讀IS的小朋友,多數鍾意返學的,Cndis亦吾例外。老師質素或者近一、兩年事件對校務的影響,聽埋吾少,但我吾係用家,就不多講了。

6#
發表於 15-9-25 10:52 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:oneonemama+發表於+15-9-25+09:15+As

CDNIS, Delia, and CAIS are the three that I am aware of that uses a Canadian curriculum, either Onta ...
如果讀anfield, 考到cais的機會高嗎?

7#
發表於 15-9-25 10:56 |只看該作者

引用:吾係用家,不過識好多朋友的仔女讀緊。考到

原帖由 Jane1983 於 15-09-25 發表
吾係用家,不過識好多朋友的仔女讀緊。考到reception,係直上小學的。

讀IS的小朋友,多數鍾意返學的,Cnd ...
我只係想仔仔可以有個快樂童年
其實我鍾意anfield細校,小班教學。因為仔仔比較慢熱,小班啱佢性格。
但始終anfield小學太新,而且唔係行IB, 怕返canada難銜接呀!

8#
發表於 15-9-25 11:26 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 random_dad 於 15-9-25 11:26 編輯
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 10:52
如果讀anfield, 考到cais的機會高嗎?

My perception is with CAIS, it doesn't matter which kindergarten your child comes from.  English is the primary factor, although if your child "warms up slowly" then I think whether CAIS or any other IS, that may be what poses the biggest challenge during the interview.  Your passport holding status will be an advantage.

CAIS is Alberta curriculum, and definitely small class sizes (20-21 in Primary).  But I think you're overthinking the problem, because with the education level the way it is in Canada, I doubt any IS in HK would be behind that of the public schools in Canada.  I think realistically, any child should transition favorably from an HK school to a Canadian public school, unless you're thinking Canadian private.  I'd worry about the culture shift more than school academics, although not much you can do about the culture shift, and only more of an issue if transitioning at a later age.

9#
發表於 15-9-25 11:42 |只看該作者
回覆 oneonemama 的帖子

三間學校都有school tour的,去睇吓。
因為你的要求係想小朋友有個愉快童年,吾係講學術、講成績,更應該親身去感受吓。

10#
發表於 15-9-25 11:49 |只看該作者

回覆:有無加拿大國際的家長?

CDNIS会否有很多老師因之前事件走仍未知, 之前報導話大部分老師在2014年尾已續約, 到期時会否多变动未知。 如你孩子10歲左右走, 相信影響不大, PYP鼓勵多閱讀和探索, 孩子會開心

11#
發表於 15-9-25 14:00 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+oneonemama+的帖子 三間學校都有scho

回覆 oneonemama 的帖子

三間學校都有school tour的,去睇吓。
請教:如果收到offer才request school tour是否可行?
其實,school tour會遇到老師評分家長嗎?可以帶小朋友去嗎?
如果是這樣,先去school tour 似乎較好。
請指教。謝謝!

12#
發表於 15-9-25 14:04 |只看該作者
回覆 annayu 的帖子

School tour和admissions的報名或考核係分開的,先去参觀,聽吓、了解吓好d。

13#
發表於 15-9-25 17:50 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+annayu+的帖子 School+tour和admissi

回覆 annayu 的帖子

School tour和admissions的報名或考核係分開的,先去参觀,聽吓、了解吓好d。 ...
謝謝!

14#
發表於 15-9-25 23:21 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+random_dad+於+15-9-25+11:26+

本帖最後由 random_dad 於 15-9-25 11:26 編輯
Thanks! 但我真係有考慮比仔仔返加拿大讀私校的

15#
發表於 15-9-25 23:22 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+annayu+的帖子 School+tour和admissi

回覆 annayu 的帖子

School tour和admissions的報名或考核係分開的,先去参觀,聽吓、了解吓好d。 ...
Yes, 我會實地考察嘅

16#
發表於 15-9-27 15:27 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-10-5 02:35 編輯

Last year my son started at Reception. He has the most loving teacher and he loves school everyday. This year in Prep he happens to have one of the most academically demanding teacher, who is somewhat new this year (but have taught in CDNIS several years ago and just came back to HK). My son feared going school for a week or so, but have over come it and even say good things about her now. Moreover, he begin to love writing. He'd come home, grab a piece of paper and starts to make name lists & 'number city' etc. He's beginning to read as well although i didn't give him much tuition outside of the school. [New note: we just experienced a super long weekend, and since everyone is the house was sick, we didn't do much. My son told me he miss school a lot and asked me if he can go tomorrow. I'm glad he came around to liking his new, very strict teacher.]

As long as the child does not have too much trouble in school, it's basically through-train all the way to high school graduation. I do hear that at grade 7, many IS students including those at CDNIS would play 'musical chair'. However, if you are planning to leave by then it's not an issue you need to worry about. I hope the above addressed your questions.

17#
發表於 15-9-27 16:01 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-10-3 07:42 編輯
random_dad 發表於 15-9-25 08:53
Not trying to be fear mongering, but with the issues of CDNIS this past year between parents, teache ...

I was one of the parents who was shocked with the issues when it first broke out, but as I dug deeper and deeper I realized it is nothing but politics (two groups of governors / ex-governors fighting for the toy that is CDNIS). The media and social media was dragged into it by one group and made the problems sound much bigger than it really was. Anyhow most of the group unhappy with the situation has left, so hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

As to the level of education, the existing governing body does notice it is academically not as strong as the super top schools and wants to push for a more balanced program. Personally I do not mind as it saves me from the need to give my child additional tuitions after school in the long run. They do claim though that they will not change the existing culture of the school. Whether that is true or not, and whether the teachers will stay for their next contracts or not are all speculations at this point.

Our family had the choice to leave for another school after the politics broke out (due to my son's month of birth, HKIS gave us the interview and the offer a year later than CDNIS). However, after careful analysis I still find CDNIS to be our prime choice, just that we'd keep an eye out in case the school does turn for the worse. So far this year we are quite happy with our experiences.

18#
發表於 15-9-29 10:04 |只看該作者
oneonemama 發表於 15-9-25 23:21
Thanks! 但我真係有考慮比仔仔返加拿大讀私校的
What's the difference between private school in HK or in Canada then?  Typically, if people migrate back to Canada, it's either for job reason, or for school cost reasons.  For your time frame of 5-6 years, job reason is unlikely (who can plan that far?), and for school, people leave HK to Canada to put them in public so that the costs are lower compared to private here, or to get them out of the public system in HK.  If you are going to put them in (more expensive) private in Canada, why not just leave them in a good IS in HK all the way through?

19#
發表於 15-9-30 17:13 |只看該作者
jolalee 發表於 15-9-27 16:01
I was one of the parents who was shocked with the issues when it first broke out, but as I dug deep ...

I am a new parent at CDNIS. Before I decided to accept the offer from CDNIS, I had the same concerns as most others about the political issues of the school. However, after I understood more about the issues and facts, I found that, as jolalee said, it's nothing really big. Many reports in the media amplified what're actually happening. Some of the reports were even misleading. After considering the school as a whole, I still decided to let my child to study at CDNIS.

After the school started, I have found that the teachers are nice and the school programme is good for children too. The culture in the school is still nice. I believe that it's a good choice to let my child studies here. My child loves the school so much. He used to say that he didn't want to go to new school (I,e. CDNIS); however, after just a few days of school, he loved it. He is happy to going school everyday now and can't stop to share with me about school. Of cuz, no one knows what will happen in the future but until this moment, I think CDNIS is not a bad choice.      

20#
發表於 15-10-2 21:22 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-10-2 21:24 編輯
Congee_Noodle 發表於 15-9-30 17:13
I am a new parent at CDNIS. Before I decided to accept the offer from CDNIS, I had the same concern ...

To be honest I find the school culture has swung to the more serious side this year (in comparison with the first year we were there), which in a way is actually better. Last year I had a feeling the school was too 'loose', some teachers came to play, not to teach.

From what I gathered, this situation has been simmering under the rug for years under the previous administration, and the new one is there to perform 'house cleaning'. The resistance used the media to put a bad name to the school in hopes of stopping it from happening. In the end the school had to deal a strong hand to the core group to prevent matters from getting worse.

I think the teachers are a bit up tight at the beginning of this year. The students still have lots of fun though, and the learning environment is better. In due time I hope the atmosphere will return to a more balanced state. In many organizations I've experienced, the team spirit and the work spirit often has such similar clashes. The pendulum is swinging to the other side now, and it is my hope that the school will find the right balance in due time.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題