用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 蔡繼有小學是否明年搬到Hong Kong Island?
查看: 5666|回覆: 25
go

蔡繼有小學是否明年搬到Hong Kong Island? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-4-27 13:42 |只看該作者

蔡繼有小學是否明年搬到Hong Kong Island?

Does anyone know this?

2#
發表於 05-4-27 13:54 |只看該作者

Re: 蔡繼有小學是否明年搬到Hong Kong Island?

Do you mean moving into her new permanent school campus which is on Hong Kong island?

As I heard from the headmistress year ago, the permanent campus will be somewhere around the existing Kowloon temporary campus.
Gordon_No_4

3#
發表於 05-4-28 15:54 |只看該作者

Never heard of this.

Last week, in the class observation day, the principal said that they will have enough classrooms to accomodate more students next year even though reconstruction is taking place.  That means, they will still use the same campus while it is under reconstruction.

4#
發表於 05-4-28 16:06 |只看該作者

Hi DESP,

Do you know the reconstruction will be started in this year as planned?

Thanks!

5#
發表於 05-4-28 18:03 |只看該作者

heard that it is under planning, don't think they got the money yet from government.

6#
發表於 05-4-28 19:10 |只看該作者

No money yet? They have told all people that that they will reconstruct the whole site together with the campus of the existing Yew Chung secondary school to become the new one dragon CKY by 2007.

Yew Chung secondary will move to Kowloon Tong by 2006, so CKY should be able to build the new school in 2006.

7#
發表於 05-4-28 22:53 |只看該作者

Never heard about this plan (moving to HK Island)
Next week (3-6 May) the school will organize “parents nights” to discuss about academic and school affairs
School reconstruction is one of the agenda items
Hope to have more accurate information at that time.

8#
發表於 05-4-29 10:38 |只看該作者

Dear Kunggi,

Would appreciate if you can share with us the information you'll get from the parents' night.  CKY is my preferred school but the reconstruction and the plan on being a "through train" school will sure affect the decision.

Thanks a lot in advance
該用戶已被刪除

9#
發表於 05-4-29 13:42 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 05-5-3 08:59 |只看該作者

Someone told me that the school will move to HK Island temporary for reconstruction. Please tell me more after someone who attend the parent night.

11#
發表於 05-5-3 09:29 |只看該作者

Dear CKY parents,

On top of the question about the tmeporary campus location, I've got another worry about the primary school syllabus.  Will the kids be assessed under the same scheme as other government/subsidized school when they reach p3 and above?  Will they have chance to transition to other "main stream" secondary school if they wish?  

12#
發表於 05-5-3 09:33 |只看該作者

I asked school teachers last week, concerning about the re-construction plan.

I was told that, the school hoped to re-construct the whole campus one-off, rather than phase-by-phase, to save the construction time.  So the school has asked for a temporary campus from the govt to accommodate the students during the transition period.  However, the Education Department could only offer a campus in HK Island (好似係薄扶林,not sure), as no other space is available.

From the information I got, this proposal from the EduDept was REJECTED by the School, as the School is aware that the majority of students come from KLN and NT.

There are other proposals being considered by the School.  Let's see what the School will go for at the parents nights.

13#
發表於 05-5-4 10:29 |只看該作者

Short report on the Parents Night held on 3 May.

1] Formation of Parent-Teacher Committee (家長教師會)
Procedure:
questionnaires (May 2005), Fomation of Organising Committee (June), recruitment of parent members (Sept), Nomination and selection of Committee members (Nov), AGM (Dec) and inauguration ceremony (Jan 2006)

2] Curriculum
The school will go for IB, which is recognised by over 110 countries and 6000 universities worldwide.  The principals aim to complete the IB in Grade 11-12. (Usually international schools complete the IB in Grade 13).  

3] Campus
Funding of school reconstruction was approved by Legco in 2000. Yew Chung will move out in the second half of 2006.  Money will be granted when the construction work starts.  The original plan is to re-construct the school in two phases, but the school has proposed a new choice for parents:

Option 1: use temporary campus outside, so the one-off construction work can be completed in max. 2 years.
* site [a] a temporary campus was given by the government in SheungWan/Central area, but it is not preferred by the School (so as the parents I think)
* site a temporary campus in Sham Shui Po is under negotiation, not yet confirmed. (looks like the school is keen on this plan to save construction time)

Option 2: comply with the original plan to reconstruct the whole campus in two phases, to be completed in max. 45 months.  The Principals ensured that the construction work will not disturb the schooling life of students, as the construction plan was approved by the government.

Decision will be based on the feedback from parents, in the form of questionnaires.  Whatever plan the School will go for, it has to be with the majority support from parents.

My personal view: It is quite a headache.  I like the existing campus very much, but I also wish to have the construction completed earlier.  However, I think I will vote for Option 2, as it will bring in more certainty.

14#
發表於 05-5-4 15:39 |只看該作者

kunggi201

Thank you! :

15#
發表於 05-5-5 11:49 |只看該作者

kunggi201 寫道:
2] Curriculum
The school will go for IB, which is recognised by over 110 countries and 6000 universities worldwide.  The principals aim to complete the IB in Grade 11-12. (Usually international schools complete the IB in Grade 13).  

kunggi201,

Has the school said when will they start IB?  Are they going to implement IB in primary upto secondary or just in Grade 11 and 12?

16#
發表於 05-5-5 14:31 |只看該作者

Simply say, the School calls itself neither primary nor secondary school, but just “CKY School”, because it is implementing through train education. According to what the principals said:

Year 1-3 – to build up language ability - verbal and listening
Y4-5 – more concentrate on writing ability
Y6-8 – build up science and social knowledge (PhyChemBio, History, Economy etc)
Y9-10 – IGCSE, but not yet confirmed.
Y11-12 – concentrate on IB (6 subjects to be examined)

17#
發表於 05-5-5 17:34 |只看該作者

Thanks for your sharing Kunggi201.  To go for IB needs a lot of resources.  Do you think the school is ready for it?  How do you feel after attending the session?  How about other existing CKY parents?  

Thanks.

18#
發表於 05-5-5 18:30 |只看該作者

Yeap, a lot of resources are required, particularly the teachers.  The principals said the work occupying their time the most is the recruitment of teachers.  They said they were confident to implement the plan.

I can't speak for other parents, but I feel that most of us are fine with the plan (just personal feeling).  At least, I didn't hear any major controversy towards the issues of curriculum and school reconstruction during Q&A.  Perhaps we are all aware of the school’s vision and plan right before we pick it for our kids, and so we are in line with the school.

However, some parents showed concern on whether their kids, under this blueprint of academic development, could shift back to local school system if CKY cannot meet its objective.  This is, I think, nobody can tell, as nobody can predict what will happen in the HK education system some years later (keep changing all the time!).

19#
發表於 05-5-22 19:04 |只看該作者

請問如果行I.B. 咁仲需唔需要考會考呢? 若不需要,會否比普通主流學校的學生難入本地的大學呢? 可能他們要與一些 oversea students and international students 爭學位.這會否蝕底D呢?

20#
發表於 05-5-23 18:49 |只看該作者

Hi,

May I know where is the location of the new campus?
Thanks.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題