發表於 05-4-25 19:09 |只看該作者

請中學統一派位宜腳踏實地 選校策略智勝電腦

每日專題
A24  太陽報   
2005-04-25

-----------------------------------------
請中學統一派位宜腳踏實地 選校策略智勝電腦
------------------------------------------

中學統一派位將於明天(二十六日)開始接受申請,未能在早前自行收生階段取得學位的小六學生,可透過統一派位報讀心儀中學。香港輔導教師協會主席趙榮德提醒家長,現時的統一派位機制是以「橫線」形式進行,電腦會先檢視同一成績組別內所有學生的第一志願,然後才到第二志願,因此多數名校的學額早在第一輪已名花有主。他向家長教路︰「家長應該以『一間理想、兩間現實』的方程式選校,此舉可避免因為心頭過高致全軍覆沒,影響子女前途。」

家長可以在統一派位程序中填報最多三十所中學,教育統籌局會根據學生的「隨機編號」,決定同一組別學生獲分配學額的先後次序。趙榮德指出,近七成學生早在第一至第三志願已獲派學位,因此首三個志願的填報策略,將直接影響學生的派位結果。他說︰「家長要注意統一派位不是以個別學生為單位,名校通常早在分配第一志願時已爆滿,如學生首三個志願都填寫知名度高的學校,只會一直跳落更後的志願。」

揀直屬中學十拿九穩

另外,家長應該根據子女的成績組別「腳踏實地」選校,趙榮德建議家長可以考慮用「一間理想、兩間現實」的策略,他舉例說︰「如果學生的成績組別屬於Band 2頭,第一志願可以選擇Band 1尾的學校,而第二及第三志願則分別選擇Band 2頭及Band 2中的學校,以切合『拾級而下』選校原則。」趙榮德表示,家長可向子女的班主任查詢學生大約屬於哪個成績組別,以方便選校。

如果子女現正就讀的小學擁有直屬中學,等於學生有八成五機會進入直屬學校,家長只要將該校填入第一志願,成功獲派學位的機會非常大,趙榮德補充說︰「除直屬外,聯繫中學亦會預留兩成五學額予聯繫小學的畢業生,家長在填寫志願前應先了解清楚。」

過去曾有家長在子女中一派位申請表上的首三個志願填上同一學校,甚至將三十個志願填上同一學校,誤以為可以用「誠意」打動學校,但由於統一派位是由電腦進行,電腦不可能感受到家長的「誠意」。趙榮德指出,有關做法非常不智,因這種做法只要第一志願觸礁,便會全軍覆沒。

2#
發表於 05-4-25 23:04 |只看該作者

Re: 請中學統一派位宜腳踏實地 選校策略智勝電腦

Teresa,

Many thanks,

3#
發表於 05-4-26 11:52 |只看該作者

May I ask where can we find the banding of secondary schools??

4#
發表於 05-4-26 12:35 |只看該作者

May I ask where can we find the banding of secondary schools??

所有Banding都是家長估出来的。

5#
發表於 05-4-26 13:51 |只看該作者

judy 寫道:
[quote]May I ask where can we find the banding of secondary schools??

所有Banding都是家長估出来的。[/quote]

Really??  So this is all personal judgement? This is not very scientific!  If there is no standard benchmarking, how can parents choose the schools matching with banding of their kids? Just choose according to the school's popularity????

Or should we look at the F.5 results of the school?  Or check the % of band 1 students the school has taken?  I think the EMB should at least provide such information for reference.

6#
發表於 05-4-26 13:52 |只看該作者

judy 寫道:
[quote]May I ask where can we find the banding of secondary schools??

所有Banding都是家長估出来的。[/quote]

Really??  So this is all personal judgement? This is not very scientific!  If there is no standard benchmarking, how can parents choose the schools matching with banding of their kids? Just choose according to the school's popularity????

Or should we look at the F.5 results of the school?  Or check the % of band 1 students the school has taken?  I think the EMB should at least provide such information for reference.

7#
發表於 05-4-26 15:08 |只看該作者

---->look at the F.5 results of the school?  

----->check the % of band 1 students the school has taken

咪就係咁估出來的囉!

我估個個都想---->the EMB should at least provide such information for reference

咁就唔駛我地咁頭痛啦!
[img align=left]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/virgokaren/virgokaren_02.gif[/img]

8#
發表於 05-4-26 15:42 |只看該作者

Really?? So this is all personal judgement? This is not very scientific! If there is no standard benchmarking, how can parents choose the schools matching with banding of their kids? Just choose according to the school's popularity????

真係咁樣,在香港,只有學生有banding,學校没有分banding的。能吸到到band1好學生的,就被家長稱為band1學校。

Or should we look at the F.5 results of the school? Or check the % of band 1 students the school has taken? I think the EMB should at least provide such information for reference.

會考成績和收生成績的确能帮助家長去選校,但全港真係没有太多學校肯公佈會考成績和收生成績(不是EMB不肯)。

9#
發表於 05-4-26 16:08 |只看該作者

Thanks, Judy.  I did not realise this before.

Just read a guide of secondary schools published by Ming Po, find that some regional schools have very "good" results because they do not link with primary schools directly, but may only be associated, e.g. Tsuen Wan Govt School has 100% band 1 students.

I wonder how those "one dragon" schools such as St. Mary can maintain their top position in future as they need to accept all their own primary students, unless they "kick" away those band 2 and 3 students at P.6, or they have to change to DSS/private schools (but they probably will not).

10#
發表於 05-4-26 16:34 |只看該作者

I wonder how those "one dragon" schools such as St. Mary can maintain their top position in future as they need to accept all their own primary students, unless they "kick" away those band 2 and 3 students at P.6, or they have to change to DSS/private schools (but they probably will not).

你說得無錯,所以最近的語文政策,嘈得最大聲就是這幾家歷史名校,對此,我寄予無限同情。

不過,如果現在選一條龍學校,我想,觀念也应改一改。如果選一條龍學校是為了英中、Band1、升學唔使憂,那人一定是在做夢。

‹ 上一主題|下一主題