密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 any comments with NIS?
樓主: Jumboshrimp
go

any comments with NIS? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 15-7-23 14:34 |只看該作者
Could anyone share information on the school's curriculum? For example, when will the kids start to learn writing (both English and Chinese characters)?

22#
發表於 15-8-6 12:14 |只看該作者
I want to apply Year 1 for my son on 2016-17, is it very difficult to get in?

23#
發表於 15-8-22 23:49 |只看該作者

回覆:any comments with NIS?

It's a very good school. Small no of students. Eg k1&k2 has 15 students but with teacher, assistant, cleaning staff to look after.
If u want to have higher chance to get into k1, u can join playgroup. Their playgroup is awesome. Playing and teaching. Teachers with very good teaching skills and patience.

For year 1, they still have almost 100% admission from k2. (Not formal stat) before 2014,they  have 100% guarantee. For 2014,2015, they expand k1&k2, so the place in year 1 is not enough to fit all. But so far, they have composite class (mix year 1&2) to solve this problem. This year, there are some non NIS kindergarten students admitted to year 1. Don't worry. Just apply it.

24#
發表於 15-9-26 12:55 |只看該作者
Do the parents have to be very 'actively involved' in the community/ school activities?

25#
發表於 15-9-28 13:08 |只看該作者
回覆 jk121299 的帖子

there are parents help out in running events. my girl spent 2 years in NIS kindie. we didn't speak English at home with her but she learned a lot of English communication including some difficult vocabulary from school. The school really builds up a good environment for kids to buid up their confidence, communication in English and Mandarin (every day with 35min Mandarin lessons). my girl never afraid of raising her questions to stranger and gave out her opinions. Teachers are very caring and even parents feel like a home at school. as we no longer be able to afford high school fee, I have to change my girl to a less expensive schools but i would say NIS is really an excellent school and kids there are very down to earth

26#
發表於 15-9-28 16:14 |只看該作者

回覆:readymama 的帖子

my situation is similar to yours. my kid just started k1 and we didn't speak English at home. do you think the english language environment in NIS is sufficient enough for a kid to apply other international primary school after 2 years? is your kid native? or any additional English training is required?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題