密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anfield summer course
查看: 3109|回覆: 25
go

Anfield summer course [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-5-6 21:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Anyone could comment about their summer course? It is quite expensive and not sure if it is worth to go.

I would like my girl(K1) to join the summer course from Int' school, any recommendations beside Anfield?

Many thanks!!

2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-5-7 10:30 |只看該作者
I send my kid (K1) to ICS summer camp.

3#
發表於 15-5-7 11:32 |只看該作者

引用:I+send+my+kid+(K1)+to+ICS+summer+camp.+

原帖由 wangtiansi 於 15-05-07 發表
I send my kid (K1) to ICS summer camp.
Thanks and do you have any comment about ICS summer course?

4#
發表於 15-5-7 11:45 |只看該作者
it starts in July. No comments yet. I heard from others it's a good one. better than the ESF.

5#
發表於 15-5-8 16:06 |只看該作者

回覆:Anfield summer course

It's good and organised, 15min mandarin, free play time, music time, circle time, art work time. Pretty standard with good exposure to english.  Surely better than the ESF one but not sure how does it compare to other IS.

6#
發表於 15-5-10 08:32 |只看該作者

ESF vs Anfield, what's the demerits of the ESF ones?

7#
發表於 15-5-16 17:48 |只看該作者

Considering Anfield and ICS....

Could anyone comment on both?

Anfield is extremely expensive...$9000 per course.

8#
發表於 15-6-1 16:38 |只看該作者
I want to know too, anyone can share please? Thanks.

9#
發表於 15-6-1 18:30 |只看該作者

回覆:boyboy_b 的帖子

l aslo joined their summer course from Monday to Saturday. every years l will join Anfield of summer course.teachers is nice and care of each students . The fee is higher than other.

10#
發表於 15-6-4 01:08 |只看該作者

回覆:sagesage 的帖子

What do you think about their program structure? Is it good and kids got improvement? Thanks!!

11#
發表於 15-6-4 08:24 |只看該作者

Anfield course structure is similar to TT , just less mandarin time. But teacher is great. For young kids, they learn something new everyday in daily life , it is always not easy to tell their improvement are due to the course.

I can only say, after knowing Anfield teacher, I know what "great teacher" means.

12#
發表於 15-6-4 14:15 |只看該作者

引用:Anfield+course+structure+is+similar+to+T

原帖由 貝珠 於 15-06-04 發表
Anfield course structure is similar to TT , just less mandarin time. But teacher is great. For young ...
Glad to see u speaking my mind, I always think I am over stating it coz I did encounter great teacher from Whampoa Anfield playgroup. It changed my whole perspective of education and that is why I decide to go for IS at the end. Did u join kln tong Anfield at that time?

13#
發表於 15-6-4 17:26 |只看該作者
Can I have more information on structure of the Anfield playgroup/prep-program?

I am considering not to send my son to PN and send him to Anfield weekday playgroup/prep-program 3 times a week.

Is it structured or it is mostly very free play like TT? I do not like TT's pg because during activity time, the teachers just walk here and there and there is no "language environment" as the teachers don't talk much and just say 1-2 sentences. Most of the time parents talk to the kids.

14#
發表於 15-6-4 18:32 |只看該作者

引用:Can+I+have+more+information+on+structure

原帖由 pushar 於 15-06-04 發表
Can I have more information on structure of the Anfield playgroup/prep-program?

I am considering no ...
There is some free play time for Anfield, like 20min. Teacher may take turns to interact with kids but it really depends on the teacher, so far the teacher I encountered was so good that she will use every minute to talk and play with kids. Sometimes she will give advice to parents too on parenting.

15#
發表於 15-6-5 10:57 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing. Are you going to Kowloon Tong campus morning session?

If go to playgroup 3 times a week, will the program repeat or that they teach something new every time? Will there be cooking as well?

16#
發表於 15-6-5 13:45 |只看該作者

I can say, the course structure is fixed for every week, you may say it repeat. I believe for weekday class, more or less is the same. Occasionally, there is cooking class, make salad or sandwich....... During summer time, water play will be offered instead of playing in the outdoor playground.

I want to say, children mainly learn through teacher- student interaction, not really from the activities or something academic. For example, teacher will be pay more attention or give more chances for those passive children, or those children apparently have less confidence.

For my girl, she is more vocal and proactive. Teacher won't ignore her, but give her more challenge tasks. In the first lesson, my girl was asked to follow what teacher say , " good morning, ms xxxx" . After my girl can do it repeatedly for few lessons, teacher just use '造口型' to give hints to my girl.

17#
發表於 15-6-5 13:52 |只看該作者

Frankly, the teacher I encounter in Anfield is great. She is the best teacher i have ever seen after attending tt, esf, bambini, boxhill and some more trial class pg. however, she actually is a part-time tutor in anfield, she works for another well-known kinder on weekdays.

18#
發表於 15-6-5 15:34 |只看該作者
Thanks so much for your sharing! I agree that teacher quality is most important. Even if Anfield has a great structure but lacks good teachers to execute it, it would be of no use.

May I know which Anfield PG you attended?

I would want to apply to Anfield Kowloon Tong.

And may I ask if you sent you child to the PG for full semester or only during summer time? I am thinking of NOT attending normal PN for 2 years olds.

19#
發表於 15-6-5 15:54 |只看該作者

I am sending my child to sat pg in kln tong and continue in summer.

I also hope that it will increase the chance of entering anfield kln tong k1

20#
發表於 15-6-5 17:01 |只看該作者

引用:Thanks+for+your+sharing.+Are+you+going+t

原帖由 pushar 於 15-06-05 發表
Thanks for your sharing. Are you going to Kowloon Tong campus morning session?

If go to playgroup 3 ...
I used to join whampoa Anfield 2x / week. They are sort of repeated evey seminars ie 3 months. That's partly why I quit after I joined playgroup for 9months, coz they start to repeat the same story books and themes etc though my girl still missed the school very much. What's more my girl was ready to attend lesson without accompany(thanks from the training from playgroup teacher) but Anfield pg must need accompany, that's why I swap to a montessori pg now.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題