用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 anyone study in Discovery Montessori School?
樓主: minimirror
go

anyone study in Discovery Montessori School? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 16-2-4 13:02 |只看該作者
wanna knw more as well

22#
發表於 16-11-8 12:47 |只看該作者
My sons have been going to DMS since the wobbler class and now in PN.  They enjoy going to school.  The school keeps us updated about the learning plan with the monthly calendar and photos taken during class posted around the classroom.  The children there are quite happy and social.  They also start teaching simple Mandarin from toddler class.  In PN class, my sons can count 1 to 10 in Mandarin.  Language wise, my boys can speak both English and Chinese (we speak Chinese at home).  They don't have issues with using the two languages and can translate.  Practical life skills is an emphasis of Montessori at young age so my sons already learnt to clean up after themselves in toddler class.  In PN, they can now button jackets (shirts are too difficult).  They both love to read. I am happy with the school.  

23#
發表於 16-12-9 08:44 |只看該作者
我apply 左中環既PN class, 有冇家長可分享埋中環校。主要係老師方面有冇愛心!thx

24#
發表於 16-12-9 09:39 |只看該作者
回覆 Monalisaj 的帖子

my son was studying in the central branch for playgroup twice a week but not pn for half a year.  All the staff and teachers seem to be very friendly and good although personally I know the pn teacher who taught my son much better, she's good. Also heard from other parents with kids there that they are very happy with the school. DMS is an authentic Montessori school.  Teach English well with native teachers and also have native mandarin teacher.  a note is that they teach chinese in traditional character - that's what I prefer.  But we didn't move on to let my son study in their pn just because we want him to study somewhere nearer to home. Hope this helps.

25#
發表於 16-12-9 09:43 |只看該作者
sonjakc 發表於 16-12-9 09:39
回覆 Monalisaj 的帖子

my son was studying in the central branch for playgroup twice a week but not  ...

Thank you for your comment! 但我聽過亦見過有一位高高大大,似菲藉的教師,好像很惡對學生,嚴厲的,你知道是那位嗎?

26#
發表於 16-12-9 10:00 |只看該作者
not quite sure which one you're talking about.  actually for the pg lesson the teacher is English / westerner, she is quite strict too.  But I prefer that  as my son loses control easily so he needs some discipline training, haha!  btw, playgroup stage is in English only.  But I've seen them doing some demonstrations for the pn and k and am impressed with the ways they teach - very Montessori.  Now I wish to make my son back in for K

27#
發表於 16-12-9 11:43 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Monalisaj 於 16-12-9 16:25 編輯
sonjakc 發表於 16-12-9 10:00
not quite sure which one you're talking about.  actually for the pg lesson the teacher is English /  ...
如果我小朋友鐘意我都會繼續升k,但我擔心唔岩佢性格,可能我prefer 普通既國際學校

28#
發表於 16-12-11 10:29 |只看該作者
My son has been learning in Montessori school for years. He loves his schools and we are glad to see him developes very well. Unfortunately, HK parents don't hv as many choice as those in Canada, Australia, US etc. Being an uncommon choice, I would suggest parents to study wht Montessori edcation exactly is about, the pros n cons n how likely it will fit in to your family and your expectations. Montessori respects the uniqueness of each kid, listening to others comment or experience might not give you a full picture. Good luck!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題