搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Tutor Time Vs Think
發新帖
查看: 1369|回覆: 8
go

Tutor Time Vs Think [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-4-1 15:48 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I plan to go for through-train IS for my 2 years old boy.  I guess English level has to be good enough in order to get into an English-based IS.  My helper (his caretaker) can only speak Cantonese and I worry that he has limited exposure in English speaking environment.  Me and my hubby both work full time and we speak English with him at home though my hubby likes to switch around.  Now we are struggling which school we should go for in nursery.  

Tutor time: English 1.5 hrs and Mandarin 1.5hrs

Think: English 20 mins, Mandarin 20 mins, Cantonese 140 mins

Think is a good school but it seems to me that the English time is not enough for him if we need to prepare for his interview in Jan/Feb next year.  Tutor time seems to have a more balance time in language?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-4-1 17:37 |只看該作者

回覆:Tutor Time Vs Think

The eng time will increase in think from k1 . But if u target to get in IS at k1, u better choose TT

3#
發表於 15-4-1 17:47 |只看該作者
I did not know THINK english session lasts only 20 mins! I thought it's an international kinder. thanks for the info

4#
發表於 15-4-1 17:50 |只看該作者
Basic communication in English is essential for IS interviews.  With the lack of English environment at home, TT is a better choice than Think in this respect.  For a child to pick up a language, it is definitely faster to immerse in the language environment.

5#
發表於 15-4-1 20:54 |只看該作者
At least when I last checked the Think website some time ago, there was this "International Section" where only English is taught and used starting from K1 (not too sure about Nursery). You can check again if you haven't. In case if you really want to get into Think but still want to do English-based kindergarten, that's one route for consideration.

Otherwise, I think you need to stick with TT or other English-based nurseries.

6#
發表於 15-4-1 23:50 |只看該作者

Yes , for nursery in Think ( at least the mos one) , Cantonese is used as major teaching medium. That is the reason why I gave up the offer

點評

minirat  I didn't pursue for the same    發表於 15-4-2 10:39

7#
發表於 15-4-2 08:21 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 vinvinaa 於 15-4-2 08:22 編輯

There is an International stream in K1 where they use English as a major teaching medium but in nursery they mainly use Cantonese.  This is what they told me in Kowloon Tong branch.

8#
發表於 15-4-2 10:30 |只看該作者

I know there are English only 2-yr old class at Think. But only non-Chinese are in. I believe Think prefers children using mother tongue at young age.

9#
發表於 15-4-24 12:39 |只看該作者

There is international stream in think. U can definitely check the school's website or call it direct

‹ 上一主題|下一主題