用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 八月bb想入international school .可以遲一年先讀書嗎? ...
查看: 6324|回覆: 93
go

八月bb想入international school .可以遲一年先讀書嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-3-31 15:09 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
我知道行local route ,考nusery 時,細b基本上好難考到好學校。所以好多人defer一年。

咁如果target international route 又如何?學校著重大細b嗎?

2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-3-31 16:10 |只看該作者
回覆 imconfusing 的帖子

Most international schools have its own cut-off date of birthdate and are quite strict in this rule. You need to check for each school. Some international schools like admitting children who were born in different months, which means they do not like children who were born in certain months only. Or you can say they tend not to distinguish between the so called "big b" and "small b". As long as your child reaches certain age by the cut-off date, they do not care much whether your child is "big" or "small".

3#
發表於 15-3-31 16:32 |只看該作者

回覆:八月bb想入international school .可以遲一年先讀書嗎?

I know the AISHK for example follows the Australian school calendar which means small Bb will become big Bb. But I agree that you should follow the age admission guideline set by each school as it is extremely competitive to get into an IS.

4#
發表於 15-3-31 17:31 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+imconfusing+的帖子 Most+internatio

原帖由 blc_mama 於 15-03-31 發表
回覆 imconfusing 的帖子

Most international schools have its own cut-off date of birthdate and are q ...
True I believe that most international schools are tight with the age of applicants. I asked a few schools and got the impression that it is rare and abnormal, as principal's approval is required.

5#
發表於 15-3-31 18:28 |只看該作者

回覆:imconfusing 的帖子

Then why do u ask this question again?
Baby born in August is just perfect to me, right?

6#
發表於 15-3-31 19:20 |只看該作者
8月B即使讀local school都不能做超大B,係超齡了,8月B其實不算細。

現在考IS係吾易,但亦吾係好難好難。過去幾年,我留意過我小朋友的同學仔、鄰居小朋友、朋友的仔女,考入各間IS都有。他們並非個個十八般武藝,有些甚至係會發蚊憎的扭計精...共同點有一個,就是非常非常好的英語聽講能力。

如果你幫小朋友達到這個,比做超大B爭取大對手一年半載更有用。

7#
發表於 15-3-31 19:39 |只看該作者

引用:Then+why+do+u+ask+this+question+again?+

原帖由 Radiomama 於 15-03-31 發表
Because baby born in or after Sept are eligible to defer one year without losing the 10 points 適齡分數。Or simply if u do not care about the 適齡分數which is essential for knocking door,and decide to enter the 'lottery' for primary , u may defer the study even your kid is big b.

This is how stupid the hk education system. I see most baby born after sept will choose to be big b. So it ended up Aug babies become the smallest.
That's why  I wonder if that applies to international school system

8#
發表於 15-3-31 20:52 |只看該作者

引用:Then+why+do+u+ask+this+question+again?+

原帖由 Radiomama 於 15-03-31 發表
The cut-off date for some IS is actually August 31, which means those children who were born in August are the youngest in the class. But from my experience most IS do not care the difference between "big b" or "small b" as long as the children reaches the appropriate age at the cut-off date.

9#
發表於 15-4-1 01:16 |只看該作者

引用:8月B即使讀local+school都不能做超大B,係

原帖由 Jane1983 於 15-03-31 發表
8月B即使讀local school都不能做超大B,係超齡了,8月B其實不算細。

現在考IS係吾易,但亦吾係好難好難。 ...
I like your last comment. Equip myself and my kid and forget about the age issue as it  is already predetermined

點評

Jane1983    發表於 15-4-1 07:39

10#
發表於 15-4-1 07:58 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-4-1 07:58 編輯
imconfusing 發表於 15-3-31 19:39
Because baby born in or after Sept are eligible to defer one year without losing the 10 points 適齡 ...

Actually, both my nephew and niece are born in Sept/Oct but they choose not to defer a year, hence they are one of the younger kids in class. My nephew has ASD even, but is scoring top 3 in his class in a local school (primary grade 1), hence for all systems, it really depend on the child.

My son is Nov born and hence a small b for many IS application (and big b for some). So far he got into all schools he was interviewed for, so yes, the key is training the child in both English and social skills. Make sure the child is well-rounded and compliant enough to listen to the teacher's instructions, that's all.

11#
發表於 15-4-2 07:15 |只看該作者
jolalee 發表於 15-4-1 07:58
Actually, both my nephew and niece are born in Sept/Oct but they choose not to defer a year, hence  ...
international school多數計係由該年度January to December,咁8月就唔係細特別細,11,12月出世先算。这種情況好難要求defer 一年,除非有特殊需要。我反而想知哪幾間係在8月或其他月截的?

12#
發表於 15-4-2 08:58 |只看該作者
Mainly it's ESF that has Jan-Dec cut off. So does CAIS, DBIS & IMS.
Even CDNIS has changed the cut off from Jan-Dec to Sept-Aug recently.
Many has Sept-Aug cut off, including CIS, HKIS, GSIS, Kellet, ICS, Harrow etc. These are the ones I looked into back when I was applying, and yes, extra headache because my son is born in autumn. I didn't apply to those bilingual private schools so I'm not sure about those.

13#
發表於 15-4-2 09:47 |只看該作者
Imconfusing, I see another indication that you have posted, but I do not see the past itself. Are you using a Mac? Which browser?

14#
發表於 15-4-2 11:14 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:jolalee+發表於+15-4-1+07:58+Actual

原帖由 himmamme 於 15-04-02 發表
international school多數計係由該年度January to December,咁8月就唔係細特別細,11,12月出世先算。这種情 ...
Harrow應該係

15#
發表於 15-4-2 12:17 |只看該作者

引用:Imconfusing,+I+see+another+indication+th

原帖由 jolalee 於 15-04-02 發表
Imconfusing, I see another indication that you have posted, but I do not see the past itself. Are yo ...
I'm using i phone . My replies are all done in this thread ... I better reply with desktop computer

點評

jolalee  before you post.  發表於 15-4-2 14:17
jolalee  Better copy the text before yo   發表於 15-4-2 14:16

16#
發表於 15-4-2 14:37 |只看該作者
jolalee 發表於 15-4-2 08:58
Mainly it's ESF that has Jan-Dec cut off. So does CAIS, DBIS & IMS.
Even CDNIS has changed the cut o ...
Thx. I agree that providing an English speaking home to achieve native level proficiency in English is the key to IS. It's unrealistic to assume kids could have high English level by simply putting your kids to an English speaking school. However, for school interview session, it's more than just testing ones language proficiency. Candidates' comprehension skill , respond,  manner or simply muscle control skill are taken into account. Then age really matters, especially in early childhood.  

17#
發表於 15-4-2 15:04 |只看該作者
回覆 imconfusing 的帖子

你個b先得幾個月大;你想得太多了。如已下定決心;try your best;到左每一個階段;自知下一部應該點行。太早諗;得過煩字。
你比我幸運;咁早識plan;我大b返Pre-nursery之前都未諗過行呢條不歸路;屋企冇咩native level environment,so far都順順利利;比上不足比下有餘;大b 9月升中學了...(升中學會點?既來之;則安之!)
最怕是畏首畏尾;進退失據;想IS時又覺得local跑得快....結果唔知去左邊度。

18#
發表於 15-4-2 17:05 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

19#
發表於 15-4-2 17:44 |只看該作者
imconfusing 發表於 15-4-2 14:37
Thx. I agree that providing an English speaking home to achieve native level proficiency in English  ...
As educators the schools know about the age gap too, and unlike the local kindergardens who are measured by their students' elite primary school entrance results, through-trains would see things longer-term. As I said my son has gone though IS interview where he was judged, some as a big B and some as a small B. In the end he passed them regardless, so just try your best to groom your child socially, physically & mentally and forget about that birth date on his application. Some schools actually place kids born within adjacent 3 months together for the interview, and I think that is wise. Whether you prefer a school where you child is not too young (jan-dec cut off) or not minding that he's being one of the youngest (Sept-Aug) that's another story.
My son happens to be the only kid in class born near the end of the year. The rest are born Jan-Aug. When I found out I almost flipped! He was more cranky and immature compared with others, but I noticed some of the older kids are more naughty too. I asked the school to assess him in hopes of retaining him a year, but nope, they said it would actually do him more harm. He is one of the most articulate kid in class, sociable and academically smacked in the middle. Retaining him a year would leave him socially cut off. There are proofs on both ends of the spectrum about being the youngest or red-shirting a child (putting them back a year), so do not judge by a date on the calendar and nurture your child as he is. There is no need to compare, and they would naturally has to work harder in class (until the difference levels out at around age 8-10), so it could be a good character development for them too.

20#
發表於 15-4-2 17:57 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:imconfusing+發表於+15-4-2+14:37+Th

原帖由 jolalee 於 15-04-02 發表
As educators the schools know about the age gap too, and unlike the local kindergardens who are meas ...
Agree, my daughter is a big b and has become naughtier recently as she has grown older and gained more confidence. She will openly object me now ( before at least she kept herself silent) like teacher asked her to hold my hand the other day, she refused and point to daddy , ' no mommy you hold daddy's hand'
I just thought luckily I have finished all the interviews now, and where is my compliant, well behaved baby?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題