密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 耀中是非常一流的國際學校
樓主: HIHinsurance
go

耀中是非常一流的國際學校   [複製鏈接]

161#
發表於 15-3-6 14:18 |只看該作者
Last, the parents or the family are also my concern.  I live really close to YCIS...everyday around 3pm at the high school, all the car triple parked on the road...which affect other drivers.  I know the school has issued notice to the parents, but nothing changed.  Finally, a traffic police have to be there to ask them move their cars...parents and family affect children a lots.  Their behaviors are very selfish, and these kids are in high school...they can't walk?
As Annie has pointed out as well, this happens everywhere.  I am in Shatin but no exception either!!  Every morning there is a long queue of private cars.  Yes you are right....their spoiled children cant walk.  Thatz what I can think of too!!
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

162#
發表於 15-3-6 14:29 |只看該作者
I guarantee there are more illegally parked cars outside CIS and the queue is longer too. Trust me, I know. I'm eternally annoyed by the traffic.

點評

annie40  宝马山是重灾区  發表於 15-3-6 16:00

163#
發表於 15-3-6 14:32 |只看該作者
Hong Kong kids are generally quite spoilt.
The most extreme case I have seen was a secondary school boy at least 170cm tall was followed by a tiny helper of 150cm, carrying his huge school bag and violin.

164#
發表於 15-3-6 14:35 |只看該作者
NoahArk 發表於 15-3-6 14:29
I guarantee there are more illegally parked cars outside CIS and the queue is longer too. Trust me,  ...

The best way to deal with things like this is to call the nearby police station regularly.
I have spoken to a regional police station about similar issues near my mom's place.
They said that they are more than willing to send someone over to clear the traffic. But they need people to call them so they have the reasons to send people there.

點評

annie40    發表於 15-3-6 15:57

165#
發表於 15-3-6 14:41 |只看該作者

引用:Hong+Kong+kids+are+generally+quite+spoil

原帖由 Artie 於 15-03-06 發表
Hong Kong kids are generally quite spoilt.
The most extreme case I have seen was a secondary school  ...
You are not alone. My home is 5 mins walk from a secondary school 神校。A girl in my building walks to school everyday with the helper carrying the school bag and other stuff. The school's principal in fact lives in the same building and  I wish very much they will meet in the morning someday.

166#
發表於 15-3-6 15:44 |只看該作者
Mighty 發表於 15-3-6 14:18
Last, the parents or the family are also my concern.  I live really close to YCIS...everyday around  ...
再延伸到一點家長如何以身仍側.  多年以前, 我仍居住在多倫多, 有位同是家長的朋友這樣說, 開車去購物商場, 她都是找較遠離商場門口的停車位.  她說, 帶著孩子多走幾步, 把靠近商場出入口的停車位, 留給家有老弱和嬰孩的.  

點評

annie40  so nice.  發表於 15-3-6 15:56

167#
發表於 15-3-6 15:53 |只看該作者
回覆 Artie 的帖子

未夠難看。
女女在六七歲時,炎炎夏日,在港大平台蹓躂,見到看來是約十歲的哥哥手拿雪條,很享受的邊行邊吃。可憐是他的媽媽左邊背書包,右膊扛小提琴,跟著手fling fling的兒子身後走。

當時跟女兒說,哥哥是難看極了。

自此女女不謹拿自己的東西,是搶着幫忙媽媽拿東西。今天上街,总有位好幫手。

點評

jolalee    發表於 15-3-6 20:33

168#
發表於 15-3-6 15:55 |只看該作者
回覆 annie40 的帖子

sorry, the correction is the boy looks like 13 years old.

169#
發表於 15-3-6 16:45 |只看該作者
I think parents have to be fair here, any students who still need helpers or mother to take school bags is not school fault! It's about home education.

Btw, YCIS has school infirm or students are free to wear YCIS apron. Either one is ok.
School has required all students bed to take school bus coming year to avoid traffic around school area. It's not school problem also as other IS also got the same problem.

170#
發表於 15-3-6 17:01 |只看該作者
Traffic jam : entirely parents to blame!!

點評

annie40  沒有公德心  發表於 15-3-6 18:40
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

171#
發表於 15-3-6 18:26 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+Artie+的帖子 未夠難看。女女在六七

原帖由 annie40 於 15-03-06 發表
回覆 Artie 的帖子

未夠難看。
國內人的金bo law 最明顯的特徵就是真的以名全世界為佢服務,包括自己親爹娘。

任何人都不放在眼內。

172#
發表於 15-3-6 18:36 |只看該作者
回覆 fatcni 的帖子

這點是完全明白,到處也有這樣的孩子。分別是發生在國際學生,情境令人側目,(當然不是YC獨有)。場景在本地學校,家長老師學生是習以為常了。

173#
發表於 15-3-6 18:39 |只看該作者
回覆 picture 的帖子

那位同學仔是本地男校名校生,請問清楚!
人貴自知,香港人竉溺孩子,不會比其他國家弱。

174#
發表於 15-3-6 20:20 |只看該作者
回覆 kTongho 的帖子

I can't help to express my feeling and what I have seen about YCIS.  We had an PN interview 3-4 years ago for my son.  They gave me a quite bad impression, it was all about money.  We were reminded to bring a check book for the interview, and I remembered right after that we were asked to pay right away.  At that time, they couldn't offer AM class but PM class.  That's not what we went, I told them we didn't bring the check book and if no AM available we would not accept the offer.  We were quite clear..then the staff told us to re-consider and gave us a deadline at noon on Monday (interview on Saturday).  If we didn't pay by noon, which mean we gave up the offer.  Of course, we didn't pay.  They then call me around 3-4pm that day (I wasn't in HK that time), and asked when we would pay the deposit.  Money, it is business...right! xxxxxx
這個催付鈔的情況,真令人失望。聞到這些氣味,直覺是好危險,快閃!媽媽的直覺,非常準繩,勁過專家。

175#
發表於 15-3-6 20:52 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-3-6 20:54 編輯
annie40 發表於 15-3-6 20:20
回覆 kTongho 的帖子
I can't help to express my feeling and what I have seen about YCIS.  We had an  ...
xxx
...催付鈔的情況,真令人失望。聞到這些氣味,直覺是好危險,快閃!媽媽的直覺,非常準繩,勁過專家。

On the other hand if we put ourselves in the administion dept's shoes, we'd understand this is a matter of seats allocation. Putting down a deposit it is surest way to confirm if the family is really interested enrolling or not. All schools, regardless of LS or IS, confirm spots by placing a money deposit.

The fact that YC asks the parents to bring their checkbook to the interview is a bit strange, but I believe some commercial LS 'international kindergarden' has the same practice as well.

If the school in question is our family's primary target then we all wouldn't think much of it, since we'd pay and get it over & done with. It is when the school is our back up choices that we receive 'reminder' 追魂 call from the poor admin (who probably is swam over by parents in the waiting pool wanting a spot).

To be fair, it is a matter of perspective.

176#
發表於 15-3-6 21:53 |只看該作者
記得ESF和FIS是我催收錢,FIS debenture都系我三催四請,佢地話返左學至買都唔遅,一點也不懷疑我會走數。讓我覺得舒服,知道學校非常有錢,唔志在。

我都有想過是Admin的錯,但admin的緊張態度,某程度已反映管理制度了。

177#
發表於 15-3-6 21:59 |只看該作者
jolalee 發表於 15-3-6 20:52
On the other hand if we put ourselves in the administion dept's shoes, we'd understand this is a ma ...
贊成。其實,現時不少幼稚園都對留位費很著緊,家長放棄學位,學校要再安排面試,書記有很多行政工作。

囡當年入yc兩歲班前,有三位教育界前輩推薦yc,另外亦認識兩位幼稚園(兩間也是有分校,有名氣的幼稚園)校長校董有兒孫在讀yc幼稚園。所以,我就是歡歡喜喜帶著支票簿面試,開開心心付了費回家的家長。
由讀教育到從事教育,對學校運作課程設計算知之甚詳,至少,女兒在yc四年,我對學校很滿意。

178#
發表於 15-3-6 21:59 |只看該作者
始終辦教育的,切忌讓人有一買一賣的做生意感覺。

179#
發表於 15-3-6 22:01 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+jolalee+於+15-3-6+20:54+編輯

原帖由 jolalee 於 15-03-06 發表
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-3-6 20:54 編輯
That's very fair comment. YC basically accepts any child. 有教無類. The interview for kindergarten is not an assessment at all. Just an informal meeting with the principle and pay the deposited. But some will say because it only wants money. It's really a matter of what perspective you take. YC also has a long waiting list and if it wants it can select the so called more favourable children. Most of the prestigious schools in HK are highly selective. Their reputation comes from their academic results attained by their highly selected students.

點評

foolish.mom  Agree  發表於 15-3-7 00:19

180#
發表於 15-3-6 22:16 |只看該作者
annie40 發表於 15-3-6 21:53
記得ESF和FIS是我催收錢,FIS debenture都系我三催四請,佢地話返左學至買都唔遅,一點也不懷疑我會走數。 ...
Was your girl ever in FIS? Nice!
In terms of debenture it is the same at CDNIS. We parents actually has to queue up for at least a year to purchase a debenture now. At the time we had the offer from IMS as well which we asked for a weekend's delay while waiting for CDNIS' written confirmation. They never called back after the weekend to chase either, although we did write a polite thank you (and decline) letter to IMS one week later, after we paid deposit at CDNIS. Perhaps you are right, those schools set a deadline and never bothered at all to chase us.

However, with the tightness of spots in HK, I still think it is just a matter of administration and is understandable. I'd rather look at the school's culture, student quality & academic results over what the admin's practice signifies, although you do have a point there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題