搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 耀中是非常一流的國際學校
樓主: HIHinsurance
go

耀中是非常一流的國際學校   [複製鏈接]

141#
發表於 15-3-5 11:59 |只看該作者
lisinchi 發表於 15-3-5 11:18
問題是究竟將來讀大學時會採用那一語言為主要學習工具,在其他成績相若的情況下,大學會認為那個組合會對將 ...

If universities have indeed offered places to students taking English B, then can we presume that they have no problems with the English A vs English B thing. I know there are other qualities to compare too, but at least we know that there is no clear line saying English B is not acceptable at all. I am not here to say English B is good enough. In fact, both of my children are taking English A HL. I am only quoting this case to tell people that, we should not be so biased. We should also not be too sure that our own choice is always best. Who knows? There have been students in elite IB schools (local and international) that have English A but got no offers for local med or law schools. On the other hand, we have cases where students with English B got offers. (Of course, all have exceptionally high PG). Many people are bashing YC, but YC also have had students that got into Ivies. Many people are bashing schools that offer English B. But someone said universities have given offers to English B students.
Schools or education is a choice. Local schools vs international schools. Elite schools vs ordinary schools. Traditional schools vs new schools. Parents are always tempted to judge other people's school. Trying to find all the flaws in other people's school. Too many chinese. Too many locals. Too many students that speak cantonese. Too many..... Even within ESF, there are people that said KGV have too many indians and STC have too many chinese. Oh well.
But in the end, school(s) that have all the said qualities have sent their students to Ivies. OK. Then, people would probably start to say, hey these students probably had lots of tutors and they probably were once in a traditional local elite school and not home grown XX students. Blah blah blah.
The discussion never ends.

點評

annie40  well said.  發表於 15-3-5 15:40

142#
發表於 15-3-5 12:23 |只看該作者
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

To supplement: home grown YC students got offers from Ivy league and top US universities through early admission this year.
As I said before, YC can nurture very bright kids. But the school has a very broad spectrum of different kinds of kids. It has students with excellent level of English (I believe without outside tutoring), but it also has students at the other end of the spectrum. That's why the school always arouses this high level of discussion at EK.

Most of the parents in this "international school" forum believe that English is more important than Chinese. So do I. Therefore, we sent our kids to IS. But some parents didn't believe in the IS ways of education right from the start. Their kids may need to switch from LS to IS halfway. Some of those students end up in YC. That's why English B and Chinese A. We parents try to find the best way for our kids, and luckily YC is there to provide some ways for students at different level, and not to abandon them.

點評

annie40  thanks!  發表於 15-3-5 15:38

143#
發表於 15-3-5 13:55 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+nintendo+的帖子 To+supplement:+hom

原帖由 foolish.mom 於 15-03-05 發表
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

To supplement: home grown YC students got offers from Ivy league and top US un ...
Well said. If my kid is not too interested in Eng literature but very good at Eng language usage and excellent in Chi literature, I may choose Eng B/ Chi A plus a high score in IELTS (not literature based even for the academic version). But the kid is in IS of course Eng A/Chi B (no hope of taking Chi A).

144#
發表於 15-3-5 14:59 |只看該作者

回覆:耀中是非常一流的國際學校

We all know that getting into Ivy Leagues is not just about academic performance and or native English. Connections play an important role.

Most unfavourable comments here about YC is the English speaking level. But the school has many other elements that deserve positive comments. I only have experience with its early childhood education. I think it's real child-centred. The model they use is an integrated one, which you can't find elsewhere. It is very age appropriate and really promotes creativity and imagination, which are very important at this stage of development.
The teachers are experienced with children and caring.

As many parents have said there is no perfect school. It is a personal choice of availability and match.

145#
發表於 15-3-5 15:03 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

146#
發表於 15-3-5 16:15 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:lisinchi+發表於+15-3-5+11:18+問題

原帖由 nintendo 於 15-03-05 發表
If universities have indeed offered places to students taking English B, then can we presume that t ...
請問一般lS學生是否多數考Eng A HL? CDNIS 2014 年有一半學生考SL,比例比我想像中高。時常聽說香港學生考chi A HL對手是母語是中文的中國學生,所以我估lS學生應大部分教 eng A HL

147#
發表於 15-3-5 17:14 |只看該作者
請問一般lS學生是否多數考Eng A HL? CDNIS 2014 年有一半學生考SL,比例比我想像中高
xxxx
Excel students take English SL doesn't mean they don't have ability to take HL.  Aiming to their career and study path, they would need to take Physics, Maths, and Biology as HL subjects on top priority to prepare the application for faculties related to Engineering, Psychology, Physics and Maths, and others.   

I don't understand why HK parents is so obsessed to English HL and proud of children taking English HL.  If a child has a lot of 多张刀, 张张利, who care of his English level.   He or she must have various options and combination. Once I heard a mom saying her daughter would take all 6 subjects (HL) so as to show her real ability.  Naive?   haha...

點評

poonseelai  thanks  發表於 15-3-5 18:13

148#
發表於 15-3-5 17:45 |只看該作者
poonseelai 發表於 15-3-5 16:15
請問一般lS學生是否多數考Eng A HL? CDNIS 2014 年有一半學生考SL,比例比我想像中高。時常聽說香港學生考c ...
My daughter enjoys reading so she chose Lit and she chose HL. Not sure about other people, but she/we are not that proud of that. Everyone is taking 3 HL subjects (some do take 4, but not the norm) so I do not think there is anything special about it. In fact, my daughter is of the opinion that HL is not exactly much harder than SL. The differences would be more class hours, more books to read and more internal assessments. But like I said, everyone takes 3 HL, so you have to have 3 subjects that require more of your time anyway.

點評

poonseelai  thanks  發表於 15-3-5 18:13

149#
發表於 15-3-5 19:28 |只看該作者
回覆 Artie 的帖子

Your daughter study in LS or IS? Which year is she now?

150#
發表於 15-3-5 20:10 |只看該作者

引用:請問一般lS學生是否多數考Eng+A+HL?+CDNIS+

原帖由 annie40 於 15-03-05 發表
請問一般lS學生是否多數考Eng A HL? CDNIS 2014 年有一半學生考SL,比例比我想像中高
xxxx
Excel students  ...
Once I heard a mom saying her daughter would take all 6 subjects (HL) so as to show her real ability. Naive? haha...

Xxxxxx

Unless the student is confident to get 6HL subjects and achieve 45 points, otherwise it looks like stupidity to me.  I would be surprised if the school actually allows that to happen.

The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

151#
發表於 15-3-5 20:35 |只看該作者
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

系咁架啦,當時孩子才year7, 稍為出色點,媽媽一廂情願,已經要女兒做超人,又系要修三四樣外語。上到year 9, 孩子的聰穎漸減,家長自會明白。

152#
發表於 15-3-5 22:02 |只看該作者
回覆 annie40 的帖子

現在有太多這樣的家長,真的難為孩子了!

153#
發表於 15-3-6 02:13 |只看該作者
annie40 發表於 15-3-5 20:35
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

系咁架啦,當時孩子才year7, 稍為出色點,媽媽一廂情願,已經要女兒做超人,又系 ...
No wonder, the girl was only in year 7 back then, so the reality hasn't set in. Personally when i was in grades 7-9 my math subjects were near the top of the class too, but suddenly in grades 10-12 the boys ignited their 'Turbo' and many surpassed me, leaving me wondering what happened... My arts subjects then excelled though, so i was still able to obtain a sufficient average to get into my target faculty. Just don't plan ahead too quickly too soon...

154#
發表於 15-3-6 09:52 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+shadeslayer+的帖子 系咁架啦,當時

原帖由 annie40 於 15-03-05 發表
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

系咁架啦,當時孩子才year7, 稍為出色點,媽媽一廂情願,已經要女兒做超人,又系 ...
其實小學最叻的到中學後很多只保持中上,反而小學中上的到高中可再上一層樓。我覺得小學太谷,很多到高中就burn out了,女孩子特別易有這個問題。

155#
發表於 15-3-6 11:13 |只看該作者
I can't help to express my feeling and what I have seen about YCIS.  We had an PN interview 3-4 years ago for my son.  They gave me a quite bad impression, it was all about money.  We were reminded to bring a check book for the interview, and I remembered right after that we were asked to pay right away.  At that time, they couldn't offer AM class but PM class.  That's not what we went, I told them we didn't bring the check book and if no AM available we would not accept the offer.  We were quite clear..then the staff told us to re-consider and gave us a deadline at noon on Monday (interview on Saturday).  If we didn't pay by noon, which mean we gave up the offer.  Of course, we didn't pay.  They then call me around 3-4pm that day (I wasn't in HK that time), and asked when we would pay the deposit.  Money, it is business...right!

Secondly, I did come across kid who goes to YCIS kindergarten.  That kid's parents of course should be highly responsible for the thing the kid done. That kid doesn't wear uniform because the kid doesn't want to...and it has been happening for a while.  The school seems take no action.. of course, lots more.  

Last, the parents or the family are also my concern.  I live really close to YCIS...everyday around 3pm at the high school, all the car triple parked on the road...which affect other drivers.  I know the school has issued notice to the parents, but nothing changed.  Finally, a traffic police have to be there to ask them move their cars...parents and family affect children a lots.  Their behaviors are very selfish, and these kids are in high school...they can't walk?

156#
發表於 15-3-6 12:10 |只看該作者
回覆 964000 的帖子

burn吾burn out好睇人,我家姐12年小學、中學年年要考第一,有一年考第二就喊到豬頭咁。
亦好睇讀什麼學校,和點讀書,讀IS,同埋靠讀明白,吾係靠背和操,應該頂得耐d。

157#
發表於 15-3-6 13:15 |只看該作者
Last, the parents or the family are also my concern.  I live really close to YCIS...everyday around 3pm at the high school, all the car triple parked on the road...which affect other drivers.  I know the school has issued notice to the parents, but nothing changed.  Finally, a traffic police have to be there to ask them move their cars...parents and family affect children a lots.  Their behaviors are very selfish, and these kids are in high school...they can't walk?
呢个情况在半山名校都系甘, 明明已经非常堵塞, 家长依然要停泊到学校门口正一正, 才放个高中女女下车, 如果有多点公德心, 早停十米, 二十米, 孩子走点路, 交通便畅通多了.

点解家长唔比孩子走几步? 这点保护孩子的心态让人盲目, 身教去了那里?

158#
發表於 15-3-6 13:22 |只看該作者
回覆 Jane1983 的帖子

孩子有反叛期, 特别是细时全听阿妈的孩子, 成绩下滑多是从心;理引起, 而非能力有问题.

因此不是不能顶, 而是唔想去顶的很多!

159#
發表於 15-3-6 13:37 |只看該作者
回覆 annie40 的帖子

眼見好多女同學burn out,中一、二叻到不得了,跟住變得平平;亦見吾少由頭帶到尾,無謝到。

160#
發表於 15-3-6 13:51 |只看該作者
回覆 Jane1983 的帖子

Study is not that hard for smart girls.   They have mindset problem.  

點評

Jane1983  是的,要好好引導  發表於 15-3-6 14:05
‹ 上一主題|下一主題