搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 我在耀中國際學校的日子(中學)
樓主: innisfree
go

我在耀中國際學校的日子(中學)   [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 15-2-6 10:25 |只看該作者

回覆:我在耀中國際學校的日子(中學)

I highly doubt any students will take drugs publicly in a school playground in any schools in hk, even for schools with bad reputation. So it's really hard to believe what you said about CIS. I used to study in a public school overseas and even students there would not dare to take drugs in school area. I mean you can accuse CIS students of being mean and cocky coz it is highly subjective and cannot really be proven. But accusing them to taking drugs publicly with people walking by them is a bit too far.

102#
發表於 15-2-6 10:30 |只看該作者

It seems to me that the point of this thread is to 踩低 CIS and 抬高 YCIS. But I think if any of our kids here got into both schools now, we will choose CIS without a doubt.

103#
發表於 15-2-6 10:56 |只看該作者
These discussions are getting ... interesting, if not weird.

104#
發表於 15-2-6 10:58 |只看該作者
尊重樓主喜歡自己的母校。

只是單憑一次參觀CIS,所作的評價是感覺大於事實,完全沒有參考價值。

學校能教出很喜歡自己學校的學生,可說是很成功了。恭喜耀中!

105#
發表於 15-2-6 11:07 |只看該作者

引用:It+seems+to+me+that+the+point+of+this+th

原帖由 donut012 於 15-02-06 發表
It seems to me that the point of this thread is to 踩低 CIS and 抬高 YCIS. But I think if any of our ...
Couldn't agree more! I would definitely choose CIS even if I were living next to YCIS.

106#
發表於 15-2-6 12:03 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-2-6 12:06 編輯

All views expressed are each individual's personal experience and opinion. Young people tend to speak their mind (or create 'facts' to justify their position) so it is to our own discretion to take their opinion or not. However I do not wish to drive all the young graduates away, as they do provide alternate perspectives of the schools, as other JMs has commented earlier. If there are more students from various schools coming into EK to share, that would liven up the site, wouldn't it? ;)

I do know of a few CIS parents and graduates personally and Innis' general comments are not all false. CIS is famous for its academic strengths, and a graduate from CIS did tell me what she learned in CIS, not her University, actually benefited her the most in her work place (hence my Question #3 in post #46, which Innis hasn't answered).

On the other hand, they all share with me as well that CIS is weak in ethnics education and fails to address the students' emotional needs. The kids study hard, and play hard, as in clubbing, possible drugs (all schools has it though) and blowing off steam in negative ways. (The HEAD BOY for a certain year threw things at the school wall intending to damage it while no one was around, and then secretly told my friend about it) I notice the CIS graduates i met love the school, but at the same time are somewhat 'damaged' in the extremely competitive environment, which required a several years to mend. All in all though, i too, would consider putting my son in CIS but not YCIS if that school gave us an interview (which neither CIS nor YCIS did! haha~so i guess that makes me a neutral party ).

點評

foolish.mom  Your comment on CIS is fair  發表於 15-2-6 15:01

107#
發表於 15-2-6 13:31 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 shadeslayer 於 15-2-6 13:38 編輯

Sometimes parents here can be a bit harsh. We were all once young, inexperienced, out-of-line comments and made lots of mistakes, right? Well I still make lots of mistakes.

Thanks for sharing on CIS. I once went to an IS swimming competition and I saw some CIS student doing math on the spot!!  And they were the only school in the swimming pool whose students shouted their school name (CIS, CIS, CIS, ......) when one of them was competing. Impressive sense of belonging and hard working, or so it seems.
The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

108#
發表於 15-2-6 13:52 |只看該作者
In the internet world, we don't know each other's true identity and credibility and may only make an interpretation or judgement of another's statement in its literal sense. Accusing a school's students of taking drugs openly within the school campus is way too much. Any negative remarks against anyone making such irresponsible statements are just sensible.

點評

annie40  well said.  發表於 15-2-6 15:38

109#
發表於 15-2-6 15:06 |只看該作者
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

It's true that many CIS students study very hard, but at the same time play hard.
jolalee's comments on CIS are fair, and reflect much the pressure at senior years.

110#
發表於 15-2-6 15:14 |只看該作者
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

It is funny.  Long ago when my girl played gym activities in GSIS (10 years ago), I saw so many GSIS kids (look like 5, 6, 7 years old) doing homework or exercise (???)  in between afternoon activities .   Honestly they looked very smart and pretty though.  Moreover, in a netball games at Peak School long ago, GSIS moms were the only group shouting out GSIS name to cheer up their kids.

It was new to me at that time.  I felt the neon sign, AGGRESSIVE !  I don't mean it is good , or not good.  Please don't take it personal.  

111#
發表於 15-2-6 15:34 |只看該作者
回覆 donut012 的帖子

I highly doubt any students will take drugs publicly in a school playground in any schools in hk, even for schools with bad reputation. So it's really hard to believe what you said about CIS. I used to study in a public school overseas and even students there would not dare to take drugs in school area. I mean you can accuse CIS students of being mean and cocky coz it is highly subjective and cannot really be proven. But accusing them to taking drugs publicly with people walking by them is a bit too far.

Assuming 楼主  visited CIS before joining YCIS!  I highly doubt that a local school primary 6 girl (age 12) well know what was drugs like and what were students taking drugs like.   Unreal sharing and comment at all.

112#
發表於 15-2-6 16:18 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+shadeslayer+的帖子 It+is+funny.++L

原帖由 annie40 於 15-02-06 發表
回覆 shadeslayer 的帖子

It is funny.  Long ago when my girl played gym activities in GSIS (10 years ...
I guess certain aspects of some schools are similar and our experience is only a tiny window to the reality.

113#
發表於 15-2-6 16:24 |只看該作者
回覆 annie40 的帖子

I think cheering is just the culture of particular groups of parents, not much related to the school culture.I have been in quite a few inter-school games in the past few years. All kids in the same age groups looked similar except the uniform they wore. All parents looked the same.
Unlucky (or lucky) enough, I have never encountered cheering moms...

114#
發表於 15-2-6 18:14 |只看該作者

i have seen students dye their hair, it gave me bad impression of CIS

115#
發表於 15-2-6 18:40 |只看該作者

我遲d會喺留學版出個"我在University of Birmingham的日子"希望各位多多支持,高抬貴手,多謝! 我宜家諗緊要寫d咩,haha

116#
發表於 15-2-6 18:49 |只看該作者

Dyed hair => drug addicts

Someone with tattoos must be a dangerous mafia?!?!

117#
發表於 15-2-6 18:57 |只看該作者
innisfree 發表於 15-2-6 18:14
Are you seriously a managing director who can draw this kind of naive inference? Btw how many people do you actually manage?

118#
發表於 15-2-6 19:27 |只看該作者
innisfree 發表於 15-2-6 18:14
Seriously, dyeing hair in secondary schools is acceptable to me, as long as it is not outrages colors.

點評

jolalee  Mine were purple...  發表於 15-2-7 18:16
annie40  I like outrages colors.  發表於 15-2-6 19:32

119#
發表於 15-2-6 19:30 |只看該作者
回覆 innisfree 的帖子

haha, you are so old fashion.
I am nearly 52. I don't mind my girl to dye her hair in pink, blue , green and so.  Her hair colors don't equivalent to her morality standard certainly.  My main  concern is the quality of dye stuff may harm the health. that is it.

Perhaps she knows she has choices at all time, and has plenty of time to do it. She has not tried it yet.  Once she asked my opinion, maybe  testing me. I said why not? and I like pink. it should be a nice color to wear though.  If you don't like it, you could dye other color to cover it,  or shave you head to get rid of it.

It was good old time. So much fun.

Anyway, what is wrong with beautiful dye hair?

點評

type409  I want to dye my hair pink 2!  發表於 15-2-7 00:48
sh00    發表於 15-2-6 19:50
shadeslayer  好潮!  發表於 15-2-6 19:39

120#
發表於 15-2-6 19:35 |只看該作者

回覆:caa 的帖子

i was a 12 year old kid at that time, i know i m naive, but i want to say all kids are naive, i am a 28 year old girl n i m mature now

‹ 上一主題|下一主題