用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 課外活動 hooked on phonics- who knows it ?
發新帖
查看: 984|回覆: 11
go

hooked on phonics- who knows it ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-4-13 01:49 |只看該作者

hooked on phonics- who knows it ?

Anyone heard about this "Hooked on Phonics?"  Please comment upon it.

This phonic set is highly recommended by my friend.   And would like to get some more advice.  

2#
發表於 05-4-15 15:18 |只看該作者

Re: hooked on phonics- who knows it ?

Hi Wendy,

What do you want to know more about "Hooked On Phonics? Do you intend to have your kid join a tutorial class or home-school him/her with the materials?

What did your friend advise you of the programme?

3#
發表於 05-4-15 21:53 |只看該作者

Hi Jokey,

My friend is staying in Canada and her son is learning phonics using HOP. She is teaching herself with this Phonics Kit.  Not only my friend, but also her friends give great comment on this kit.  

She told me that this kit was very systematic and her son can read books himself after a few month's teaching.  

My friend or her friends are all Canadian (like ABC). I wonder whether HOP is suitable for HK kids.  Or get the same positive feedback from HK parents ?

You have any comment on this Kit ?

Apple

4#
發表於 05-4-15 21:55 |只看該作者

Hi Jokey,

I intent to home school my daughter with the materials.  I hesitate to order this kit.  

Or you have any idea about the tutorial class with HOP.

Wendy

5#
發表於 05-4-16 18:09 |只看該作者

Hi Wendy,

Hooked on Phonics is a very popular phonics program in America. The whole kit costs US$299.9. But it is no longer available for sale to Hong Kong.

I once passed by a tutorial centre in Kowloon that used HOP. But I just forget where it is. Can any BK mums and dads help?

Among all phonics programs that I have come across, I think HOP is the best. It offers step-by-step instructions and exercises that are easy to understand and follow. As it starts teaching a child from ABCs up to advanced blending with the help of cassette tapes, story books, workbooks and CD-ROM, it does not really matter what your kid's phonics ability is.

Hope that it is useful to you.

6#
發表於 05-4-18 14:32 |只看該作者

Hi Wendi,

I have a full set of HOP, which I brought 10 years ago from USA for my daughter.    It is still in good condition as I only used it as master set, (i.e. I made duplicated cassette tapes, and photocopied the materials for self-use and distributed to close friends).   Though it is more than 10 years old, I think the materials should be more the less the same as the latest version.   As phonics will not chnaged.

PM me if you are interested.
開心叮一叮,嘻哈咀兩咀!

7#
發表於 05-4-24 19:19 |只看該作者

8#
發表於 05-4-24 19:22 |只看該作者

[size=medium]Hooked on phonics website
http://www.hop.com/index.jhtml;jsessionid=QSW2F5WLWG0IDQFIZDECFEQ?cid=1522&GTSE=GOTO&GTKW=Hooked%2BOn%2BPhonics&_requestid=139901&_requestid=139901
You can buy it from US ebay, there are lots of choices

9#
發表於 05-4-26 09:45 |只看該作者

i am interested.  is this buy from Canada?
How much?

Happy

10#
發表於 05-4-26 17:15 |只看該作者

Dear ALL,

Any one use "hooked on phonics" before?
the price is very resonable...Any comment?

Thank you!!
yho ;-)

11#
發表於 05-4-26 23:52 |只看該作者

Hi marieyuen,

Thanks for yr information.

Did you use this ?  How is it ?

Wendi

12#
發表於 05-4-27 23:03 |只看該作者