密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 3606|回覆: 8
go

IMS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-12-8 12:08 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Is IMS not strong at academics? I heard some mama said IMS graduates find it difficult to move to other IS ( primary) . Thanks!

2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-12-8 13:05 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 14-12-8 17:32 編輯

The difficulty in adapting has more to do with the method of teaching then the level of academics of the school, as Montessori kids are more self-motivated, get to chose their own work in their own timing, rather than following lectures & large group functions. It is best to finish IMS primary before moving onto a secondary IS. The teachers does provide adaptation lessons to P6 graduates so that they can continue to thrive in other secondary schools. From what I heard IMS graduates do well in other secondary schools, but haven't heard much about those who move within the primary levels. Unlike kindergartens which do flashcards (a more short term benefit approach), Montessori is a marathon in comparison. It is best that a child stays in a montessori setting (including in school and at home) for at least 3 years at a time (ie. K1-k3, P1-P3, P4-P6); that's the reason why kids has the same teacher for 3 consecutive year as well.

3#
發表於 14-12-14 11:20 |只看該作者
May I know when shall I expect the assessment schedule if my child turns 2 soon?

點評

jolalee  If you haven't already.  發表於 14-12-15 01:37
jolalee  Apply ASAP if you haven't alr   發表於 14-12-15 01:36

4#
發表於 14-12-14 22:38 |只看該作者

回覆:fifipanda 的帖子

We applied for IMS foundation and we were invited for interview not long after the application was submitted. Our son started his foundation class this September

5#
發表於 14-12-15 01:53 |只看該作者
Congratulations! Are you planning to stay at IMS all the way or switch over to another IS at some point? Our boy started in DMS-DB since age one (we chose DMS because at that time since we lived in that vicinity). He was accepted into several IS for reception this year as well as IMS for Casa (K2 level). We ended up choosing another IB-based IS due to my son's characteristics being a very typical IB-profiler. However, IMS came in a very close second for us and I still sometimes consider if I should switch him back to Montessori.

Anyhow try to incorporate Montessori teaching at home as much as possible. It does benefit the child for a life time and I still find many good habits and characters sustained although he's only been there for 2.5 years (in which only 1 year in Casa, for K1). If the mass in take for mainstream IS doesn't start at K2 we would've stayed at least until Casa graduation, and if my boy suits an Montessori primary education, we would've stayed all the way until high school application.

6#
發表於 14-12-15 22:00 |只看該作者
We applied when my child was 8 months old and they told us to wait until he turns 2 yrs old and interview shall be arranged in the right year..... My child is turning 2 in two months, but still heard nothing from the school....

7#
發表於 14-12-16 03:35 |只看該作者
回覆 fifipanda 的帖子

Anything deterring you from simply calling the school to ask about it??

8#
發表於 14-12-16 16:21 |只看該作者

引用:回覆+fifipanda+的帖子 Anything+deterrin

原帖由 jolalee 於 14-12-16 發表
回覆 fifipanda 的帖子

Anything deterring you from simply calling the school to ask about it??
They said no schedule yet

9#
發表於 14-12-17 04:01 |只看該作者
回覆 fifipanda 的帖子

Then there's your answer. Schools are quite busy with the actual teaching. As long as you've registered early and is in the queue, there's not much you can do.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題