搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 留英選大學
發新帖
查看: 3421|回覆: 19
go

留英選大學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-12-5 22:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
小女打算報UCAS到英國讀bio-medical/bio-chem,請問university of Edinburg 是否一間好的大學,另外還打算報imperial, Glasgow university, Cardiff university 等。
   3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-12-6 01:04 |只看該作者
首選是IMPERIAL
之後EDINBURGH
但是要留意蘇格蘭的大學 (你選擇選了兩間也是蘇格蘭的)是4年大學,不是英國 (ENGLAND) 或者威爾士 (WALES) 的3年大學

這個是因為蘇格蘭的中學時6年不是英國的7年

3#
發表於 14-12-6 23:29 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Macau媽媽 於 14-12-6 23:29 編輯

我打算比囡囡報keele university  Health Foundation Year 我囡囡心目中志向係
Physiotherapy, 排名我吾係咁著重, 吾知到時收吾收

4#
發表於 14-12-9 09:45 |只看該作者
有冇人知係英國讀邊科就業機會好d?

5#
發表於 14-12-9 10:34 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 dsedse 於 14-12-9 10:37 編輯

可作參考:                                                                                                                                                                     醫學 HKU MBBS, CUHK Medicine
評級: B
1.人口老化,醫護要求上升
2.入職人工平均達5萬以上,生活有保障
3.來港執業試難度高,不怕外地勞工
4.公會勢力大,醫藥分家遙遙無期,醫生較藥劑師具有更高保障
5.入學成績跟前景相乎,fairly priced

法律 HKU LLB, CUHK Law, CityU LLB, ….
評級: C
1. 本地市場近年出現大量學士後相關學位,
PCLL 爭食嚴重,鑑於入唔到PCLL同無讀過冇咩分別,相對醫護專業高危
2. 如修讀PCLL獲聘,薪酬有一定保障,大行達4萬以上
3. 入學成績跟前景不太相乎,slightly overpriced

護理學 HKU Nursing, CUHK Nursing, ….
評級: A
1.人口老化,醫護要求上升
2.入職人工平均達2萬以上,生活有基本保障
3.就算讀HD Nursing 出黎都係RN
4.入學成績未充分反映前景,underpriced

會計 HKU A&F, CUHK Prof Acct, UST Prof Acct,….
評級: E

1. 公會手指拗出唔拗入,唔止浪費資源拍堆白痴廣告
仲比內地會計師來港爭食,隨著內地會計準則跟國際接軌
越來越多 function北移
2. 審計工時冠絕各行各業,壯年猝死機會增加
3. 行業薪酬已呈現穩定下降趨勢,入行只有1.1萬
考完牌都未必超過同樣年資既護士
4. CPA人數/人口比例已經冠絕全球,已突破3萬人
5. 各大院校不斷開設相關課程
6. 入學成績跟前景完全不相乎,seriously overpriced
7. 鑑於前景不明朗,業界人士多極積極進修,變相燃燒金錢

精算 HKU AC, CUHK IFAA
評級: D

1. 人人都可自修精算試,變相讀呢科唔包生仔,無基本就業保障
2. 強醫金等改革增加需求
3. 大量海歸派競爭相關職位
4. 入職人工平均只有1.4萬,考完牌都未必超過同樣年資既護士
5. 市場近年請新人出現temp/contract位,反映競爭惡化
6. 入學成績跟前景不太相乎,slightly overpriced

6#
發表於 14-12-9 13:21 |只看該作者
唉!專業何價?????

7#
發表於 14-12-9 13:46 |只看該作者
唉, 如果使百幾二百萬俾佢去留學, 返來搵雞碎咁多, 不如買層樓收租仲化算。

點評

brother4    發表於 14-12-9 14:55

8#
發表於 14-12-9 14:38 |只看該作者

引用:小女打算報UCAS到英國讀bio-medical/bio-ch

原帖由 ronnamama 於 14-12-05 發表
小女打算報UCAS到英國讀bio-medical/bio-chem,請問university of Edinburg 是否一間好的大學,另外還打算報 ...
請問bio medical畢業後可以從事什麼專業?

9#
發表於 14-12-9 15:04 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 brother4 於 14-12-9 15:06 編輯

IBMS (institute of biomedical science)個website
得知如果要register做biomedical scientist要讀4年既applied biomed. (with placement)
或3年既biomed. course with 1年既training in NHS approved laboratory
問題就在這裡

其實想畢左業之後係香港拎番MLT個牌
但MLT board個quotable list有keele既"applied" biomedical science而唔係普通既biomedical science
所以穩陣起見, 可能要係個邊做一年野register左先返到香港(polyU個course係year 2個暑假都要去醫院實習)

第日畢左業係UK搵placement /training
佢地仲會唔會當我係international student!?
據聞個邊好多醫療行業既實習(eg.doctor)都會限位給呢類學生
如果真係讀完3年即刻返香港, 有冇可能攞到MLT個牌?

10#
發表於 14-12-10 18:47 |只看該作者
請問讀完bio-med而又攞埋牌回港,可做什麼工作?起薪點如何?香港發展前景如何呢?麻煩哂各位!

11#
發表於 14-12-17 08:53 |只看該作者
回覆 ronnamama 的帖子

Check out below gov pay scale will give you some sense what subject to choose.  Also choose type of therapy areas where similar major can be found in hkg but hk lack of registration system which is make the registeted licence from oversea more popular eg speech therapy.

http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/pay/42.html
www.swd.gov.hk/doc/ngo/PayWage/SalaryScaleCP20130401.pdf

12#
發表於 14-12-30 04:21 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+dsedse+於+14-12-9+10:37+編輯

原帖由 dsedse 於 14-12-09 發表
本帖最後由 dsedse 於 14-12-9 10:37 編輯

可作參考:                                                 ...
My opinion :
CPA. One with only 3 years audit experience with big 4 earns $30000 a month. I don't feel bad for that. But I agree the working opportunity is not as good as before. However, if you still want to work in big 4, you should be able to earn quite a decent salary as time goes by.
Actuarial :
My opinion is extremely overpriced as per your description if the starting salary is only 14k. It requires straight A in a level (don't know dse standard) as keen as medicine and Law. My father in law is the faculty member of actuarial  and he said his students are so so bright ( academically).

13#
發表於 14-12-30 04:24 |只看該作者

引用:唉,+如果使百幾二百萬俾佢去留學,+返來搵雞

原帖由 123BB 於 14-12-09 發表
唉, 如果使百幾二百萬俾佢去留學, 返來搵雞碎咁多, 不如買層樓收租仲化算。 ...
It's what I heard recently. A friend of mine told her daughter if you are gonna to waste my money by studying abroad ( means not really be serious in study), you   Will not have a shelter when u are back. So u may choose a flat or studying abroad.

14#
發表於 14-12-30 05:47 |只看該作者

回覆:留英選大學

自己咁想,用白表抽居屋,幫孩子交l成

15#
發表於 14-12-30 11:53 |只看該作者
lui 發表於 14-12-30 04:24
It's what I heard recently. A friend of mine told her daughter if you are gonna to waste my money by ...
I don't agree with this. I pay for quality education for my kid purely for education sake, not for getting a high pay job. I always tell my son that study as per your interest, not for the return in career/salary. Of course, I do expect him to learn and study hard to 'payoff' my huge investment.
On the other hand, I told my son that we won't buy him a flat or pay  the deposit for him. Our 'responsibility' would have finished upon his undergraduate graduation. I do encourage him to buy a flat of his own once he get a job, and I would lend him the deposit if I have the money by the time, but not buying him a flat. I always tell him that the biggest present I can give him for his life is a good education, so that he has the ability to take care of himself mentally, physically, financially. Tell the kids that they will have a flat for free from parents  is spoiling them, in my opinion.

點評

foolish.mom  Agree  發表於 14-12-31 15:29

16#
發表於 15-1-5 16:02 |只看該作者
回覆 123BB 的帖子

I dunno if your sayings are serious or not, if you are serious, lets try to change your mindset as a whole. Indeed my son has applied via UCAS for BMus (Music) and some unis in HK for the same faculty. He has an extremely deep passion in music and already have a ACTL diploma in piano while studying composition and organ for paving a way for grade 8 organ. Thougth some have reflected their ideas or worries  for my son's choice, I think otherwise from the very beginning.

I thanks Father God to let him have such a passion and talent in music for the thing itself is a kind of enjoyment and let someone enjoy the beauty of the world. I guess if one would work hard or enjoy the subject he/she studies, he/ she could have a successful life though not absolutely success in terms of "money" returns. On the other hand, if one only work for money or willing to be money's slave, he/she feels happy? Or if money is a whole thing for one's life? I wonder!

As parents, we gotta trust our kids choice and his/her ability. Though you finally let him/her study finance, accounts or any "money-related" subjects, you sure his returns are  what you expected, or he happy about his life?

Buy a flat and let him/ her be the landlord, is it a kind of encouragement to him? Or it is a good thing to his life? Lets think about it.

Sorry if my sayings sound offensive to you.

點評

tcmsung  Well said.  發表於 15-1-5 17:54

17#
發表於 15-1-5 17:26 |只看該作者
Cannot agree more with the above post opinion. Education is not only about providing the kids' earning ability, but also to give them intellectual, interpersonal and mental (or spiritual) enrichment. Particularly, study overseas give the kids a whole new perspective view of life that money (or a flat) can't buy!

Happy to share a news today which well spoken for the idea of "education".

http://news.stheadline.com/daily ... 15/01/05/314901.asp

二胡樂師逐夢 拉響美滿人生樂章
2015-01-05
大學「沙紙」已成職場最低門檻,放棄學業追求夢想需要勇氣。醉心二胡演奏的拔萃學生司徒健,於家人反對下放棄升讀傳統大學轉考演藝,每天只吃白飯儲起生活費,最終獲馬會賞識,資助他三年學費專心追夢。四年前成為香港中樂團全職樂師,創下當時最年輕樂師紀錄。

從幼稚園到小學,司徒健年年考第一,於拔萃男書院唸中學的他,成績優異,家人早就說:「他日一定要入港大,做醫生,才是美好人生。」這種傳統觀念,令阿健非常反感。自七歲起學二胡的他,中三時決定以音樂作為終身事業。中五畢業,他向母親和哥哥道出想法,豈料惹來強烈反對。

堅持讀演藝 吃白飯省錢

阿
健的爸爸多年前離世,哥哥當年中七畢業,為了養家而投考警察,放棄升讀大學,因此對阿健有更大抱負,阿健的想法令兩人關係破裂。「他們好倔強,打死都不讓我讀音樂,我更倔強,打死不讀預科,更當場把中五畢業證書撕成兩半,媽媽哭成淚人。」但第二天,阿健的桌上多了一封信以及一張支票,一字一句都是母親的關愛與支持。

阿健於演藝讀書的首兩年,均有申請政府貸款計劃,為了賺取生活費,他經常教二胡,犧牲個人學習時間,更買了一個電飯煲回校,一年來天天吃白飯,飯堂價值十七元的叉燒飯他也嫌貴。千里馬終於得到賞識,○八年,他考獲賽馬會獎學金,往後三年的學位課程費用及生活費得到支持,終令他有時間練習二胡,更可應付到歐洲聽多場音樂會的費用。

二○一一年,阿健終於畢業,同時成功獲香港中樂團錄取為全職樂師,當時二十三歲的他,是那時候最年輕的樂師。入團三年,阿健希望報考樂團的首席樂師,即使每天拉二胡,他也不覺乏味,「音樂是時間的藝術,這一秒過後,下一秒便不一樣,同一首歌拉一百次,每一次都有變化,我是個尋根究柢的人,我希望拉出完美的樂曲。」

記者 張嘉佩

18#
發表於 15-1-5 17:46 |只看該作者
Raymonds, this is encouraging. Though we are not a rich family, or even under the standard of middle class, I support my son for reaching his dream/ aim of life. Surely we know the reality somehow is harsh, I opined if there is one in this planet could achieve what he/she "imagine", may the one is your son/daugther. Don't let reality extingulishes his/her or your fire. I believe one should have an aim or dream if he/ she could success. The above story illustrates sometimes dream seems remote, in one day may it is by your side if you insist or support your kids.

I regard all parents in here are also well care of their sons/ daugthers. Wish that  story of success as cited above could enlightens those still wondering if the kids should only look for "money-made" studies or careers.

Cheers!

19#
發表於 15-1-6 21:32 |只看該作者
聞說UK大學正減低bio-med學位名額給海外學生,不知各位有沒有這方面的資料?

20#
發表於 15-1-6 22:00 |只看該作者
其實囡囡非常擔心如果學位減少,找placement又不易,倒不如讀biochem可能比較好。biomed她選了imperial, Edinburg, Bristol, Glasgow,而第五個打算選queen Mary ,因為排名比上面4間低,作為一個保險。請各位給意見,多謝各位幫忙!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題