搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC grade 1 interview
發新帖
查看: 3211|回覆: 13
go

RC grade 1 interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-11-24 22:56 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Can anyone share if RC interview will ask parent questions? We are not sure if parents need to be there as someone suggested only child will be interviewed.

Thx

2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-11-24 23:40 |只看該作者
beatricebryan 發表於 14-11-24 22:56
Can anyone share if RC interview will ask parent questions? We are not sure if parents need to be th ...
Last year they only interviewed the child while parents sat through a presentation, but that does not mean they will do the same this year. Attending interview is quite an event for a young child, and I don't think the school will be impressed if the parents don't even bother to show up.

3#
發表於 14-11-25 18:44 |只看該作者

回覆:RC grade 1 interview

I am a current RC parent. I received interview letter before I got the email abt the info session. The school did not arrange registration that evening. For your information.

4#
發表於 14-11-25 22:43 |只看該作者
My son had his interview at RC last year and they only interviewed the children.  There was an presentation for the adults while the children were led into group with the teachers.  There was no registration adults so don't worry.  
I do not understand why schools should penalise children who's parents could not attend.  We adults have to work and commitments, and are we suppose to take a day off for every interview my child attends?

5#
發表於 14-11-25 23:01 |只看該作者
回覆 gatochat 的帖子

Gatochat,

What did the kids do during the interviews? How many percentage of applicants have got the interviews?

6#
發表於 14-11-26 00:00 |只看該作者
gatochat 發表於 14-11-25 22:43
We adults have to work and commitments, and are we suppose to take a day off ...
Last year RC chose a weekend to hold all 800 interviews, which was considerate of them, this year they'll probably choose a weekend too. As for commitments, I guess having children is one of life's biggest commitments

7#
發表於 14-11-26 00:03 |只看該作者
玫瑰野獸 發表於 14-11-25 23:01
What did the kids do during the interviews? How many percentage of applicants have got the interviews?
The kids engage in group play, and RC interview more or less all applicants.

8#
發表於 14-11-26 00:36 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:玫瑰野獸+發表於+14-11-25+23:01+Wha

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 14-11-26 發表
The kids engage in group play, and RC interview more or less all applicants.
it's not the case this year. From RC's information, there are more than 700 applications this year and they would interview around 600 applicants.

9#
發表於 14-11-26 06:54 |只看該作者

回覆:RC grade 1 interview

At the info session before the interview, the principal and the admission manager clearly told us that there were 800 applicants and only 600 were given interview. I also knew two kids from internatinal kg had no interview offer. One got interview cal in mid Dec and another paid NR then back to interview list.

10#
發表於 14-11-26 07:25 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 14-11-26 07:26 編輯

More or less all applicants =/= all applicants

Interviewing 6 or 7 out of every 8 applicants is a pretty good effort for any school, considering they could have just sent reject or wait list letters and pocketed the application fees.

11#
發表於 14-11-26 07:37 |只看該作者
回覆 玫瑰野獸 的帖子

They will take children and take them thro different areas of the classroom. I guess they just wanted to observe the child in how they interact with others and how they respond in a variety of environment. My son said he had a story and he came out with a picture that he drew.

12#
發表於 14-11-26 07:49 |只看該作者
回覆 FattyDaddy 的帖子

All I'm trying to say that the school should not judge the parents simply because they could not attend the interview with the child. Everyone's situation is different. You might be lucky enough to have a bigger control over your working hours, others don't. I am just a working mum who is working hard in order to pay for my children's education. I try my best to attend all of my son's school events, but sometimes, things are just out of my control. Please do not judge others until you have a full picture of the whole situation.
I'm sorry that if I have upset anyone, and I will not talk about this anymore.

13#
發表於 14-11-26 09:26 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Artie 於 14-11-26 09:40 編輯

RCHK is an IB school. Parents might wish to look at the the "learner profile" of IB to have some idea. These are the qualities RCHK is trying to help students develop. Hopefully, by the time they graduate years later, they will bring these qualities with them.
So for Year Ones, I think the school would love to see outgoing, out spoken kids, that are not afraid of sharing their ideas and views (even if their ideas are silly).
http://www.ibo.org/myib/digitalt ... rner-profile-en.pdf

14#
發表於 14-11-26 09:39 |只看該作者
gatochat 發表於 14-11-25 22:43
I do not understand why schools should penalise children who's parents could not attend.  

As far as I heard, I do not think RCHK would penalise children whose parents' could not attend. Schools always prefer that parents would attend the interview with children. I think this is merely a general statement. So it does not necessarily imply that any children not accompanied by a parent would have no chance.
However, I must say that parents should try to make arrangements to go with the child. Parents are informed of interview date well ahead. Moreover, I think at least one parent being there would mean a lot to the child. In the future, there are probably not that many chance that parents need to make sacrifice of similar kind, so may be it is worth.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題