用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 香港浸會大學附屬學校王錦輝中小學 想請教下在校就讀的學生家長!
發新帖
查看: 3327|回覆: 10
go

想請教下在校就讀的學生家長!

發表於 14-10-25 23:26 |顯示全部帖子
想請教下在校就讀的學生家長!請問學校課程怎樣? 會否教深1年?  會唔會谷谷`谷?
另外是大班/小班?  功課量怎樣?  輕鬆嗎?  
老師有愛心嗎?    謝謝!

發表於 14-10-25 23:56 |顯示全部帖子
請睇番之前的POST,講得好好

發表於 14-10-25 23:57 |顯示全部帖子
http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1

發表於 14-10-29 17:23 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Doray 於 14-10-30 14:58 編輯
Aurea 發表於 14-10-25 23:26
想請教下在校就讀的學生家長!請問學校課程怎樣? 會否教深1年?  會唔會谷谷`谷?
另外是大班/小班?  功課量怎 ...

Chinese and Maths syllabuses are same as the EDB guidelines and no.  I appreciate the teachers that they try to use different activities to teach Maths concepts.

For Chinese, they used the same Chinese books as TSL.  The homework is easy and the school provides a few reading websites with comprehension exercise but it is not compulsory to complete.  Of course, the parent could give extra supplementary exercise on top of the homework.  They have dictation once a month but not difficult to handle.  About 5-10 vocabs and one sentences in P1 each time and 20 vocabs with a short paragraph (need to recite) in P2.  There is not much copying stuff but I can’t say the school’s demand in Chinese is low.  The kid is required to write up sentences inthe first term of P1 and essay in 2nd term by giving a few pictures.  For comprehension, it was not very difficult but still not easy for a P1 student to get 100 marks.  

For English,the homework is easy for P1, especially those from Eng Kinder.  They need to write journal each week.  No minimum words and no marks are given but the teacher will encourage the students to write more.  For writing, they will teach different writing technique like 3W1H, punctuation, capital letter for sentence start-up,procedural writing and the use of adjectives in P1.  For comprehension, they were not very difficult in P1 but quite difficult in P2.  The school encourages the student to expand their word bank from reading but the effectiveness quite depends on whether the kid has good reading habit.  Very limited grammar stuff with easy worksheets(personally I think that’s not enough).  Theyhave 3 to 4 rounds of show and tell in a year which required the kids topresent in front of the class.  Not many dictations which limited to sight words and were quite easy.  My kid normally used less than 10 mins to revise them the day before.  In exam, they assess the kids in reading, listening, writing. For writing, they will give a topic and expect the kid to write an essay using the technique they taught.  Marks will not be deducted (in fact, not sure if the “grade” will be affected or not) for grammar and spelling mistakes if the kid could use phonics to make up the words.  My kid could write about 1.5 pages and got A-in P1 but for me, I was still not satisfied with her proficiency if I focused on the grammar and spelling aspects.

Some parents will give more assistance than other but no pressure from school because they have only A-E grade in exam and 1st, 2nd and 3rd position for each subject in entire grade.  I can’t feel the competition among the kids also.

We have150 students were split into 6-7 groups each in English, Chinese and Mathssubject, depending on their proficiency. So each group should have about 21-25 students each.

The kids are quite 輕鬆 in terms of the number of homework they have.  They don’t have much pressure from learning, but for me, it is a bit uneasy as I don’t have “marks” to show how’s the kid actually performed.

Most of the teachers are young and nice.  My kid would rush in her favorite teacher and hug her when she saw her on the way.  She also loves to date her P1 teachers for lunch (take the lunch box to the class where the teacher is on duty during lunchtime and has lunch together).  I’ve asked if the teachers were strict and she said the teachers would be strict only when the boys were naughty.

發表於 14-10-29 21:23 |顯示全部帖子
英文是深,但沒有壓力,一條龍沒有谷!但要多閱讀!!功課量肯定比出面學校細!!但有時D功課要上綱找尋材料!

發表於 14-11-12 16:43 |顯示全部帖子
請問幾測幾考?  5年級因為要呈分關係, 學校會否谷谷谷到學生

發表於 14-11-12 17:25 |顯示全部帖子
From School Website:

本校是一條龍的中小學,因此無須參加香港中學學位分配辦法(SSPA),亦不設呈分試。

發表於 14-11-13 09:36 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Aurea 的帖子

Final assessments (exam) and mid term assignment in each terms for Chinese, English and Maths.  In addition, we will have a number of module tests for Maths to ensure the students grasp the concept (e.g. up to Nov we have already had 5 tests  which may cover one to two topics).  Other subjects were under continuous assessments.
Heard from the parents of higher grade students that they were more busy and the English subject was more and more difficult in higher grade (I must say it's already not easy for lower grade if compared with other gov or subsidized schools), especially the materials of Novel study and comprehension.

發表於 14-11-14 11:37 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Doray 的帖子

As a parent of G1 student of AY14/15. I agree with the observation posted by Aurea. The syllabus of English class for newly joined G1 student is not easy. However, most of the student can catch-up under the encouragements by the teachers. The involvement of parents is another important factor that facilitating the learning of the student.

發表於 14-11-14 14:08 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 sze0203 於 14-11-14 18:02 編輯
KenKenChung 發表於 14-11-14 11:37
回覆 Doray 的帖子

As a parent of G1 student of AY14/15. I agree with the observation posted by Aure ...

想問邊一方面的英文教學法係新加入原素? 暫時我個女應付到英文課程,但跟其他津校比較真係嚇親津校家長;~~:p 家長基本上喺呢兩個半月唻係無可能唔參與及一同學習^^(不過我好享受其中, 起碼覺得能學以自用~~) 同埋都問過高年級家長,中文課程比較上今年G1做好拼音底子係佢地欣賞的地方,另外功課亦比以前加多及加深了!

發表於 14-11-15 12:56 |顯示全部帖子
你指嚇親津校啲家長是太深定太淺。其實Approach 好唔同,如果小朋友英文底好及睇開書,應冇問題,但你講得啱,父母都要幫幫手。

點評

sze0203  英文太深中文太淺^^  發表於 14-11-15 23:41