樓主: IngridMaMa
go

ESF家長請進 (大家交流下啦) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-23 12:25 |顯示全部帖子

Re: ESF家長請進 (大家交流下啦)

Hi IngridMaMa,

Nice to meet you!

My daughter is just 3 years old, she has been admitted by ESF kinder and she will start next month.

2#
發表於 05-3-23 15:45 |顯示全部帖子

hi cherylMum,

I did the same thing as you did today, I just fill out the school bus application form today. Does your daughter ride school bus when she in kinder? Does the lady helper in school bus nice and caring?

I bought the school uniform this Monday, my daughter has tried it on and like skorts so much.

hi gab,
please check pm.

3#
發表於 05-4-1 02:04 |顯示全部帖子

Hi IngridMaMa,

Would you mind to share with me how did you teach your daughter chinese? How old did she start to learn chinese? Whick school and Where did she learn? A private teacher (one by one??) from beginning until now??
As I do agree that Chinese is very important and we should not give up! But I am not patient enough to teach my daughter chinese. Would you mind to share your experience??
Did you teach her Mandarin as well?

Your daughter is really a clever girl, how can she has such high grade in english reading. Do you teach her Phonic too? When did you start?

4#
發表於 05-4-1 23:38 |顯示全部帖子

hi IM,

Thanks to let me know, I will wait for IngridMaMa's reply.
Actually I just came back from Beijing last night but I can't wait to come back BK family to chat with you all.

5#
發表於 05-4-6 18:23 |顯示全部帖子

hi IngridMaMa,

(個朋友去左.....)
--sorry to hear that.....

(因亞仔出rose疹)
--no need to hurry to reply me, your son must have a fever for a few days! pay more time to take care your son la....

6#
發表於 05-4-12 01:02 |顯示全部帖子

hi IngridMaMa,

Thank you for your sharing.

I always think that kid should start to learn Chinese as earlier as possible, I am afraid that if we don't keep on teaching her Chinese, she will refuse to learn when she enter P1 (5 years old), because as you said they will find English is much easier.

I also want her to learn PHONIC, as they don't teach PHONIC in ESF kinder. However, will that be too much for a 3 years old girl? PHONIC, CHINESE, Mandarin and also Ballet course. I really don't know what I should choose, as definately she can't attend all, so I asked myself, what reason I send my daughter to international kinder? because I want her enjoy learning in school and no need to play the HK educational game, but if I send her to attend many course, that's means I am following the same path as they did. What should I do?

Dear all,

Would you mind to share with me how to keep up your kid english and chinese's standard? I don't want to give up anyone as I believe both are important.

-Are you cantonese speaking family? Do you speak english at home? or the vice versa?

-Do you think learn PHONIC is a must?

-Simiplified chinese character and mandarin VS traditional chinese character and cantonese. What will you chose? why?

-If you choose traditional  chinese character and cantonese. Do you think that the kid will confuse as in fact they learn simiplified chinese character in ESF school.

7#
發表於 05-4-12 12:59 |顯示全部帖子

hi MomMom,

May I know where did your son learn 中文故事班?

8#
發表於 05-4-12 22:49 |顯示全部帖子

hi MomMom,

Thanks for your info.
some bk mom recommended the same before, I am considering to send my daughter there but just want to search for more info before make the decision.

9#
發表於 05-4-18 18:28 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,

a) Where does your daughter learn ballet? My daughter learn ballet in Lily danse a Tsang, as they accepted small kids.
I also think that we have to leave some time for family outing, so I am planning to let her join Chinese class on Satursday morning or Friday afternoon if possible.
Today is my daughter's first day to ESF kinder. General impression is quite good, because the teachers and students in her class are nice. I think this is a good place to train up the kid independent. However, the mandarin session is really so so, I have never imagine that they will taught mandarin in that way (the mandarin teacher speaks english more than mandarin). My daughter joined Anfield's playgroup before, I would say I feel more comfortable with the mandarin teaching in Anfield. Anway, I am eager to find a chinese class(either taught by mandarin or cantonese). Does anyone know if there is chinese class in Tsing Yi or Mei Foo?

b) I had the Letterland Alphabet songs CD and ABC book at home. I just played the CD like the background music when she plays toy and read the ABC book some times, I didn't teach her as I don't know phonics and I found it seems to be so complicated.
On the other hands, my daughter is very weak on recognize alphabet and also number, she can only recognize a few alphabel only up to the moment, so I am not sure if I should let her learn phonic now, as I guess the result may not be reach to expectation.
c) So do I.

Dear all,
Chinese class taught by mandarin or chinese class taught by cantonese. What will you choose? People always said that mandarin will be very important for our next generation. Many schools emphasis that they teach chinese by mandarin, i.e. Victoria, Kingston etc... Do you think it could really help the kids to learn better chinese? I doubt about it as we are cantonese speaking family, no one at home could speak mandarin to her. Please share....

10#
發表於 05-4-18 18:31 |顯示全部帖子

Dear CherylMum,

Sorry wrong typing. The ballet school should be Danse A Lili Ballet.

11#
發表於 05-4-20 23:46 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,

- My daughter learns ballet in 曽雪麗 before, then switch to 王仁曼 in Shatin recently-
...i see.....

- It is good that your daughter cannot recognize letter names. In fact, it is better for them to learn letter sounds first.
....Really? but I am a bit worry on my daughter's progress, as I saw many cases that children can recognize letters when they were 2 something, so I am not eager to send her to learn Phonic now, as I am afraid to give too much pressure on her.

- For Mandarin lessen, you can group two or three kids together, then employ a Mandarin teacher.
....I will have to wait until my daughter made some friend in school and their parent will also interest to send their kid to Mandarin class. As my daughter is the only child in our family, and most of my friends do not intend to have baby even they got married.

two more questions.........................
What do you think the mixed age class in ESF kinder? Do you think it is good for all age of kids? Whoever younger or older? How they could benefit from it?
Why do they have K3 students? I always think they just offer k1 and k2.

12#
發表於 05-4-22 11:11 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,

Thank you for your sharing about the Letterland phonic. I will visit their showroom again.

ESF kindy, they do have K3 students, that's what I heard from teacher on this Monday when I accompanied my daugther to school on her first day, so I don't understand too but I didn't ask further at that time.

I am a bit doubt on ESF kindy, as it seems all the kids there keep on playing all the time. Could they really benefit from it? What could they learn? the only think I could see is the kids there are more independent but not more. They seldom to sing song and they don't do arkwork. The routine seems to be only story telling, play, play, play and then half hour before the end of the class, they read book on their own........
My husband said I should trust their philosophy and be patient. But I just can't stop thinking whether I did the right choice for my daughter......I want my daughter to enjoy her school life and willing to learn, that the former school she attended before could achieve my expectation and also I could see she could learn some alphabets, words, phonic,counting and Mandarin......However, ESF kindy didn't teach any alphabets, words, phonic etc... What could they learn??? It seems the ESF kindy's parent need to do alot extra efforts to keep up our child's standard. Will there be a big gap between kindy and primay if we do not do anything at home? For what reason we send her there? Only the relationship with ESF primary? In fact, they don't guarantee a place or a chance for interview in ESF primary. I start to worry that if she can't be admit to ESF primary then what could she do? as she definitely not be able to adopt local primary as she don't recogniz any alphabets or words and she does not know how to write.....
Did I say to much? sorry.........

13#
發表於 05-4-23 13:55 |顯示全部帖子

CheryMum,

Thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖