發新帖
查看: 1190|回覆: 1
go

Canada - Waterloo and Western offers [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-5-26 09:28 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My relative who lives in Toronto has been accepted by:

1. Waterloo School of Accountancy Co-op
2. Western business program (will get into Ivey if grades in first two years reach the required level)

She cannot decide.  

For those of you who are knowledgeable about these two universities, which one would you choose and why?  

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-5-26 13:29 |只看該作者
tumtum 發表於 14-5-26 09:28
My relative who lives in Toronto has been accepted by:

1. Waterloo School of Accountancy Co-op

Waterloo have (one of) the best co-op programs in Canada. Co-op students get up to 2 years worth of relevant working experience when they graduate. As far as I know, Waterloo co-op students' pay are very impressive and most students are able to secure a decent perm job before they graduate. Waterloo is famous for their math, engineering and architecture programs. I am not sure how good their accountancy or finance programs are though. If she wants to be a CPA or a CFA, she needs to be prepared to move on to post grad studies and exams.

Western Richard Ivey is considered no. 1 business school in Canada. However, business programs are not exactly professional programs.

I would choose Waterloo. But business and accountancy/finance are very different. Ask her to go onto the school website and look at the course lists of both schools. Since she lives in Toronto, it would be good to pay the schools a visit and talk to the faculty. Then she can decide which one she likes more.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題