用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Result- Average no. of extracurricular activities pe ...
發新帖
查看: 809|回覆: 4
go

Result- Average no. of extracurricular activities per week? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-15 10:53 |只看該作者

Result- Average no. of extracurricular activities per week?

Dear Parents:

Thank you for all your prompt reply which I think we are all "廿四孝 parents".

There are 6 responses (including me) and the total no. of activities per child per week is 34. Thus, the average no. of activities per child per week is 5.7. That means, only 1 rest day is allowed for our children per week.

My feeling is: Our children are great! Is it the common phenomenon in Hong Kong ? Are they really happy to do so or they just have to obey our instructions? Let's say if we were also had so many activities in our child life, could we have a happy memory of our child life now?

There is no absolute answer for the above. I just want to brain storm the parents here. Anyone wants to comment?

Jeffhouse

2#
發表於 05-3-15 11:26 |只看該作者

Re: Result- Average no. of extracurricular activities per week?

甚麼都是習慣,小朋友習慣了便會以為是天經地義。有朋友的兒子每星期游三日水、學琴和長笛、畫畫、英文班、普通話、跆拳道、乜數,還有時間久不久加插新嘗試:高而富、攀石呀咁。兩公婆都在職。星期六曰跑到氣咳。但個個(2+2)都樂在其中。當然冇得睇大長今啦!

接受到就冇壞!

3#
發表於 05-3-15 11:36 |只看該作者

Dear Jeffhouse,

Thanks for your rough estimate.  In fact, my child also has 5 extra-activities at the moment (he is now in P.3).  At first, he tried two only starting from K.3 (piano and drawing) but gradually added on three more.  In fact, one is conducted in his school where they have a particular lesson for extra-curricular activity and therefore does not occupy much of his time.  The other one is 'Go' where he finds most interesting among all.  

I would like to point out that the number of activities is not the main point but I personally prefer to arrange all these classes in weekdays so that we still have family time during weekends.

On another hand, I believe day-dreaming time (or real free time) is in fact as important as any type of activity.  This is their own time of creation and does not need to respond to anyone.  No schedule, no limit and no results to be measured.

Of course, every child is different and every family is unique.  I am not here to comment which method or how many kinds of activities are best to children.  However, one should engage something he is really interested in.

Another point to add is that we used to have sisters and brothers or neighbours to play with when we were young and these kind of playtime was in fact some kind of extra curricular activities.  Nowadays we seldom have more than 2 kids and 1 is so common.    Parents therefore tend to arrange more group activities in this sense.

Sorry for such a long 'story'!

Justin2002

4#
發表於 05-3-15 11:41 |只看該作者

無疑宜家

5#
發表於 05-3-15 12:23 |只看該作者

Not all extra-curricular activities are serious, some of them are for fun, and some are taken according to the kid's interest.  I won't support a lot of Kumon classes for kids as these are sometimes burden for them.  Other than that, kids can learn team work, make more friends, play and have fun during most activities.  Besides, they can acquire special skills other than just academic knowledge.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題