"懶"係cute啫,希望大家頂得順,唔好作嘔... :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

[quote]
reginang 寫道:
hello, dr. t speaking ...... good one       
[/quote]  

143#
發表於 05-4-13 19:10 |只看該作者

Re: Hello, Dr.T speaking...

相比起我當初教特殊學校時(16年前),的確是在數字上多了很多,有人甚至用epidemic(流行病)來形容現時的情況.

但個人覺得原因主要是大家的醒覺性高了,一些臨界(marginal)的個案也會辨別出來.再者一些原本我們所謂"AA地"的都被列為"自閉傾向",又或者是亞斯柏格症,於是便有自閉症愈來愈多的現象.

但愚見是很多所謂的自閉傾向個案我都只是社交能力弱,我對"自閉症"這把呎是比較嚴格的,因為始終是一個令父母擔心不已的名稱.

AGNESNG 寫道:
你會否發覺自閉傾向/症在這個年代(比起30年前)比較多呢???

144#
發表於 05-4-13 19:22 |只看該作者

1. I'm not a great fan of Doman because I only believe in scientific studies. Doman's so-called effectiveness are usually based on anecdotal reports. Honestly I don't think it can really help much in improving one's cognitive functioning.
2. May be the tasks in group sessions are not challenging enough for her? Does she display same inattentive behaviour in other group situations? We need to rule out other possibilities before we make the diagnosis. Lots of observations...
3. Interesting description but impossible to prove.

st 寫道:
1. ...glenn doman method to train my girl 智能, results is good....
2. because my girl is fine in individual tranining section. However but when she having group training, her attention span seems like very very low, looks like 不專心.
3. ... 高級幼兒導師 說 maybe my girl's brain cannot handle too many stuffs...

145#
發表於 05-4-13 19:29 |只看該作者

I would consider this as a problem of language use. They need solid real-life experience in order to learn these concepts. 成語/雙關語is difficult for them.

The reason that their IQ scores might appear to be normal is because the final IQ scores are in fact a summary of what s/he can accomplish. Possibly there're a lot of fluctuation among subtest scores and pragmatic language use might be among the lows.

I don't think there's remedy besides allowing them to experience as much as they could.  We all learn from our own mistakes (hopefully).

mrsphcheung 寫道:
DIFFICULTIES IN LEARNING ABSTRACT CONCEPTS even though their IQ is normal. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO?

146#
發表於 05-4-13 19:32 |只看該作者

Sorry loh...

小孩子的天空 寫道:
Hei..........累我搵餐懵tim....

147#
發表於 05-4-13 19:33 |只看該作者

"allowing them to experience as much as they could"  
Totally agree to your opinion.
I remember an educational theory that I have ever learnt --- constructivism (learning by doing).
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

148#
發表於 05-4-13 19:38 |只看該作者

Smart girl! You really know big words!

Some theorists suggest that we build up our own personal view of the outside world by interacting with it. In Chinese it's called 建構主義.

mrsphcheung 寫道:
constructivism (learning by doing).

149#
發表於 05-4-13 19:42 |只看該作者

Dr. T,

小兒今年6歲, 小一學生, 近期做了韋氏測試, 語言及操作部份均是average, 但是兩部份的分數差距很大, 語言比操作部份高了差不多二十分。

他是不是有問題?那些訓練可以輔助他?

150#
發表於 05-4-13 19:47 |只看該作者

Hee hee!  I always try to practise some educational theories on my child even though he is less able.   

Dr.T 寫道:
Smart girl! You really know big words!

Some theorists suggest that we build up our own personal view of the outside world by interacting with it. In Chinese it's called 建構主義.
[/quote]     
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

151#
發表於 05-4-13 20:59 |只看該作者

多謝網友相告,才得知原來“明日棟樑教育基金”又再舉辦"香港學童智能檢查."

細閱他們的網頁,發現他們只是將本人的名字刪去(在我的要求下),但依然保留"由資深教育心理學家監督"的句子...氣死人,原來上面仲有我個名...離哂譜  

敬告各有意參加的家長們要問清楚這名"資深教育心理學家"是誰,因為若言沒有專家進行評分,無可能會有評估結果!!!

152#
發表於 05-4-14 15:54 |只看該作者

Dear Dr. T,
My son is applying for primary school. Since he can only speak English, there are only very limited "choices" for us. The ESF put my son's name on the waiting list of special school without any assessment done. And we're informed that the list is very long.

Anyway, we try very hard to find one for our son. Recently our son attended an interview offered by an int'l school. The school principal said he's willing to accept our son provided that we must hire a full-time EA or shadow teacher to accompany with him. And we have to write a plan about how the EA can assist our son's study in the school for their consideration.

We have no idea about that. Would you please advise?

Many thanks,
sjmama
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長

153#
發表於 05-4-14 15:57 |只看該作者

Have to do this in pm as this involves names...

sjmama 寫道:
...We have no idea about that. Would you please advise?

154#
發表於 05-4-14 16:27 |只看該作者

Dr. T,

一講起"明日楝樑"就想起你, 是緣第一次睇呢個網, 打開"明日棟樑" 呢個Topic, D家長爭論呢個評估, 又話覺得自己小朋友在老師, 朋友及家人眼中都係好成熟同成績唔錯個隻, 最後得分竟強差人意, 我看著一個又一個家長上o黎討論這個評估結果的可信性時, 你突然飛o左出o黎解釋..... 跟住個班家長就停晒口,換來就係我o地一個又一個追住你唔放o既家長問問題, 你有無後悔當初飛o左出o黎呀?

Agnes   

155#
發表於 05-4-14 21:15 |只看該作者

1. 禁就大件事...因為我已經不再幫他們.而家佢地舉辦"智能檢查"完全與我無關.現時單張上的資料是有誤導成份,我已去信他們投訴...幫佢地籌款就真係有d後悔

2. 當然無,因為之前果5000+個結果都係我捱更抵夜計出黎,真珠都無禁真.俾人話係假既一定要出聲...

預告:我現正與某公共機構籌劃合作舉辦一個"學習障礙初步評估活動(暫名)",內容會包括基本智能評估,費用全免-故此因小朋友不同類型的學習問題而考慮參加其他機構的相類似活動的家長請留意日後公報.各網友亦請將消息傳開,令大家好作準備,暫時不要胡亂報考其他的測試

嘩...原來已經過左5000...     
多謝大家大駕光臨!!!

AGNESNG 寫道:
1...一講起"明日楝樑"就想起你
2...你有無後悔當初飛o左出o黎呀?

156#
發表於 05-4-14 22:16 |只看該作者

計5000+個ravens?????
仲要係義務添﹗
Dr. T, 你好偉大啊﹗小女子佩服佩服﹗

Dr.T 寫道:
2. 當然無,因為之前果5000+個結果都係我捱更抵夜計出黎,真珠都無禁真.俾人話係假既一定要出聲...
稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?

157#
發表於 05-4-14 22:23 |只看該作者

1. My limited knowledge is ESF has only one special school and it caters kids with quite severe handicapped condition. Your son doesn't sound that bad to me...do they mean special class in ordinary ESF schools?

2. Basically he wants you to invent your own learning support system as they don't have it in their school.

I think you need to have your son assessed by an educational psychologist (which I vaguely remembered that you had done so already), and through that an Individualized Education Programme will be devised. Then the psychologist will communicate with the EA regularly and instruct him/her how to work with the classroom teacher in order to help your boy. Very complicated? Yes, because that'll be your son's personal learning support system, and certainly that'll be expensive.

sjmama 寫道:
1...The ESF put my son's name on the waiting list of special school without any assessment done.
2... The school principal said he's willing to accept our son provided that we must hire a full-time EA or shadow teacher to accompany with him. And we have to write a plan about how the EA can assist our son's study in the school for their consideration.

158#
發表於 05-4-14 22:24 |只看該作者

Thanks Dr.T.     

159#
發表於 05-4-14 22:31 |只看該作者

真係有苦自己知... 仲要俾人話係假既    

都未計同行d閒言閒語...有個無聊人仲要寫封手寫中文信 去香港心理學會投訴(因為我攪cheap佢地尊貴的行業???)-結果投訴不被接納後佢重要心心不忿周圍散播謠言...唉    

稚言治語 寫道:
小女子佩服佩服﹗

160#
發表於 05-4-14 22:45 |只看該作者

逝者已矣,
就讓一切隨風.....
稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題