搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ICS and CAIS
發新帖
查看: 3623|回覆: 11
go

ICS and CAIS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-4-6 17:56 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I only applied these 2 IS as they both have the qualities I love.  My kid got accepted as a pre-grade one student by ICS.  For CAIS, my kid has passed the grade one interview but not yet offered a seat due to limited seats available, so waitlisted as for now.

Because of the birthday issue(my kid's Bday is after Aug 31), one more year has to be spent if we go ICS.

In terms of curriculum, one is AP and the other is Alberta, we are planning to send our kid to US or Canada later on, so both are ok with us. As for the distance to school, they are both 30min driving. As for the school fee and debenture, quite similar. We are a Christian family.

I hope to get ahead more pros n cons of these 2 IS from other moms shall we be accepted by CAIS later on. Many Thanks!

3    0    0    1

2#
發表於 14-4-6 18:48 |只看該作者
may I ask if your kid just got offer by ICS from wait pool?

I dun understand your bday issue, what means one more year has to spent at ICS? does it mean that you kid have to repeat in the year level of pre-grade one?

3#
發表於 14-4-6 19:30 |只看該作者
ICS  CAIS both are good schools. I needed to make such tough decision in 3 yeRs before… finally we choose CAIS due to the teachers and the school staffs gave us the feeling and impression more children oriented, more caring, more friendly…

ICS also good … but at the year it is very focus on depenture policy, the communication with parents are quite focus on the arrangement of the depenture collection… a bit feeling of very commercial…so at the end , we decide CAIS

4#
發表於 14-4-6 23:24 |只看該作者
回覆 login_mc 的帖子

My kid is not from the wait pool, so I assume we are in the first batch of acceptance.
My kid is in K3 now, will go ICS pre-grade 1 in coming Aug, however, at CAIS (if accepted) will be in grade 1.  This is due to ICS's age requirement, the cutoff date is Aug 31. In other words, at ICS my kid is a 'big kid' but at CAIS a 'small kid'.

5#
發表於 14-4-6 23:46 |只看該作者
回覆 workmama 的帖子

workmama, thanks for your reply!
I believe your kid should be very happy at CAIS, as we had a great impression on the school after we attended the interview. However, my kid is only in wait pool now, so really not a choice to us but just want to know better about these two IS.

We love ICS as well, my kid is very lucky to get a spot without being an ICS kindergarten student.

Do you think it makes much more difference as a 'big kid' (大仔/大女) or a 'small kid' (細仔/細女) in IS? Thanks!

6#
發表於 14-4-7 01:25 |只看該作者
hihi micemom, i think no issue for big child or small child in the class, as long as yr child can learn well in the class and have good progress in learning, no any big issue…

your child must be good  as it is really not easy to enroll in ICS

點評

micemom  Thank you, workmama!  發表於 14-4-9 00:09

7#
發表於 14-4-7 13:20 |只看該作者
回覆 micemom 的帖子

ICS result released before CNY, I thought you just got the offer, that's why ask if your kid was in wait pool.
Regarding your concern, I think CAIS is a happier school and its academic stress is far less than ICS, it really depends on your kid's personality and your aspiration to your kid.

Personally thinks that CAIS' teachers are more loving and caring, while ICS requires more discipline and higher level of proficiency in academic. Anyhow, both are good schools!

8#
發表於 14-4-7 23:11 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 14-4-7 23:14 編輯

I haven't done too much research on both schools although we applied to one of them too. You may want to cross compare the type of universities the kids graduate to for a more complete picture. I had Sunday school students who graduated from ICS (and that's many years ago) and they are turn out to be sensible, well balanced adults.

I have heard good things about ICS primary as well -- kids of friend of friend who later moved abroad -- the school prepared them well academically, and the character molding was good too. The fellow parents are also friendly and warm (the comments from a non-christian parent).

CAIS on this board has very good review as well. So i don't think you can choose badly between the two. Personally i'd prefer my child to be one of the older in class (my son is November born so i have your dilemma too). It is not just a matter of academics, but also social maturity. For a boy i'd definitely put him a year back if the two schools are exactly equal in other aspects, because maturity-wise boys are 1-2 years behind girls (suggested by a friend of mine who teaches in CIS). For girls i would not be as worried; i have heard from friends both October/November born, one regretting being a younger child in class, the other stating it made no difference for her. It depends on the individual child i guess.

9#
發表於 14-4-7 23:57 |只看該作者
回覆 micemom 的帖子

Hi there,
Both are good schools and can't be wrong with either one.
Being older or younger in the class might not be a big deal. The younger kid may have a slower start but will catch up academically by grade 3 and thereafter no difference being big kid or young kid in class. If your kid makes friend easily with others, it does not matter either school. If not, it might be slightly better to join a new school in Pre-grade 1 than Grade 1 where the bonding of the existing classmates already very strong.

10#
發表於 14-4-9 00:14 |只看該作者
回覆 login_mc 的帖子

Thanks for your simple and straight to the point comments!

11#
發表於 14-4-9 00:36 |只看該作者
回覆 jolalee 的帖子

Thanks Jolalee, I felt you speak from my heart!  It was a bumpy ride for my kid's P1 & G1 (I have applied both LS and IS considering the fierce competition) applications and interviews.  For my case, I have really learnt the advantages of being the 'big kid' in the hard ways. We are a Christian family and we believe GOD will choose the best for us and our kid

點評

jolalee    發表於 14-4-9 00:49

12#
發表於 14-4-9 00:38 |只看該作者
回覆 JTmom 的帖子

it might be slightly better to join a new school in Pre-grade 1 than Grade 1 where the bonding of the existing classmates already very strong.  >> very true!!  Thank you JTmom!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題