樓主: gabthomas
go

interview體驗 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 14-4-5 10:09 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+feipow+於+14-04-04+發表雖然

原帖由 feipow 於 14-04-05 發表
我本人唔覺,但樓主回覆覺得佢係,所以我咁講,就算係都學到嘢!
我都知道你唔系真系覺得該位JM似係打手,不過從樓主比較sarcastic嘅語調就看得出樓主覺得係!

22#
發表於 14-4-5 12:31 |只看該作者
Indeed having the chance for interview is already lucky. The interview process is similar to other IS. The application fee is relatively cheaper compared to other IS (not to mention some even charge assessment fee on top of application fee). Guess the interview process is to see the reactions of the child and whether the parents are the types that the school wants which cannot be judged / seen by screening the info on the paper.

23#
發表於 14-4-5 17:51 |只看該作者

回覆:一個千幾蚊的interview體驗 IXX@ 石門

N年前in ESF ,程序都係咁上下……無咩特別呀

in過好幾間is,一個校長都無見過喎……

M@ggie :-D

24#
發表於 14-4-5 22:11 |只看該作者

回覆:gabthomas 的帖子

That's the normal practice for IS. Their interview is focus on children's response and communication between parent and child. Academic part is not their main focus. If you are not happy with that, you may not be happy to the IS syllabus too.

25#
發表於 14-4-22 11:34 |只看該作者
回覆 gabthomas 的帖子

I do not see anything wrong with the interview procedure you described which is quite standard in most school . Admission to be done by admission staff instead of the principal is reasonable to me. Interview fee is similar to other IS, isn't it? As for your comment that parents prepare hard for the interview, I find it a mismatch of expectation. Parents actually do not need to prepare for the interview, just need to fill out a very simple questionnaire. And wait for the kid to be finished. Kids interview mainly to test their proficiency in English. No drilling is required for such type of interview.
Hope you had better luck with other applications.

26#
發表於 14-4-23 16:47 |只看該作者
Long long time ago, my son’s interview was like this:  we sat at principle office and had aa short interview, a friendly talk. Then the principle take my son to a small room to do some test, I guess it is about the same thing your child did. After that, she took us to visit the class rooms, playground, and say hello to the teacher…AND…. told us she accepted our son and gave us one month to think about it! I am surprised by this arrangement……and wonder how could she spend so many time on us???? But very Human, I must say.
However, I heard from other parent, the school changed to group interview recently. Kind of sad to me!

27#
發表於 14-4-25 01:56 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 CurtainCall 於 14-4-25 03:42 編輯
JMM 發表於 14-4-5 10:09
我都知道你唔系真系覺得該位JM似係打手,不過從樓主比較sarcastic嘅語調就看得出樓主覺得係!...

我只想澄清我不是打手我亦不認為樓主覺得我是。他是有點sarcastic, 但也有點點真。算吧,也不用深究了。

我和ICS沒有關係(大家不用單單打打吧!明眼人也知道大家在說那間學校)。我不是員工、什麼董事會等等,孩子最後也不準備入ICS。我始終覺得那是一間難得的好學校,目標一向是教好學生,也認識不少朋友或朋友的孩子讀過ICS,教出來都是品學優的好孩子。

我的確只是路過,看不過眼有人如此侮辱學校,說得學校只是看錢看似的。無論如何,我說樓主和孩子不國際校,但後也看過樓主其他posts, 發現他也是有心人,想下一代有好的成,所以只想再次路過說聲sorry, 那天晚上語氣重了,希望主的孩子繼續有一健康的童年。(話是說了,我不會delete當冇件事,因為聽了的人始終聽了,只希望post留下來給自己及大家作為儆醒)

無論如何,大家上都希望互相交流、有所得著,希望大家戾氣過後能用理智好好了解每件事情的始末, 也不希望樓主的post會對學校或樓主自己留下壞印象。

28#
發表於 14-4-25 02:18 |只看該作者
I think the school's interview process is pretty standard amongst IS. I would not expect to be able to talk to the principal at the interview of most IS. Batches of applicants are divided into different days and time slots. I really don't see anything wrong with that. In my view for lower grades in most IS, what the school looks for are character of the kids, whether they will be a good match with the school. IS usually seeks kids who are more outgoing and have a curious to learn disposition rather than what they know academically. Maybe your expectations are more suitable to local school styles.

29#
發表於 14-4-27 00:46 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 sayubemine 於 14-4-27 00:46 編輯

AGREE WITH 樓主,我感覺最差的INTERVIEW就係IXX,你話大人有打手,有吃不到的葡萄的家長...,不如看看小朋友INTERVIEW完的反應,"呆若木雞"來形容是最貼切,個個都哭喪著臉的出來,真難想像入到去讀書,小朋友會怎樣。
小小人兒何以坐兩個半鐘去被人捽,怪可憐。
我同我老公都係咁諗。

我不是打手。

30#
發表於 14-4-27 10:38 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 14-4-27 10:39 編輯
sayubemine 發表於 14-4-27 00:46
AGREE WITH 樓主,我感覺最差的INTERVIEW就係IXX,你話大人有打手,有吃不到的葡萄的家長...,不如看看小朋 ...

Did your child apply for Grade 1 or Reception?
I am not sure how the Shek Mun campus runs (sounds similar according to the descriptions here), but our son went to the Ma on Shan interview and my boy came out as happy as his CDNIS or IMS interviews. Other kids coming out seemed happy as well. The only exception was a mainland couple I met at the playground next door, who told me their girl cried severely and refused to go into the interview room so she didn't get tested. From talking to them though they seemed generally clueless about Int'l Schools anyhow.

Compared with the CDNIS Pre-reception interview (same age), ICS is pretty okay. At least the kids didn't have to go down a dim staircase down a floor holding only onto the teachers and through a long corridor to reach their interview classroom. I assure you many more kids cried at the CDNIS interview. ICS allowed the parents to take their children to the door, some even to go in to settle them in, so that's kind if nice.

31#
發表於 14-4-27 14:29 |只看該作者

引用:Long+long+time+ago,+my+son’s+interview+

原帖由 MarcusD 於 14-04-23 發表
Long long time ago, my son’s interview was like this:  we sat at principle office and had aa short  ...
Actually,just recently,my daughter's current school interview was conducted in a very similar style. I was interviewed by the school principal and my daughter was taken around the school by the vice principal. My interview (or chat)with the principal last about 15 mins,but my daughter did not come back untill 45mins later,when they returned,the vice principal apologized for taking so long, but because my daughter was having so much fun at certain activity, she did not want to forced her to leave.

At the end, they said goodbye to us and told us they will get back to us as soon as possible, and they did reply back on tge same day by phone and email to let us know they accepts our daughter.

So everytime I read about the now standard interview procedures, I do feel that is a bit said as well ...

‹ 上一主題|下一主題