用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Badminton's parent please come in and share.
發新帖
查看: 1925|回覆: 5
go

Badminton's parent please come in and share. [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-3-17 09:41 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My dd will join the school as year 9 student.  Your experience sharing is much appreciated.
Please let me know if there is any other forums or discussion groups where we can get closer.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-3-31 17:03 |只看該作者
Hi lamsylar

Do you mind telling me which agent you contacted in Hong Kong, cause I am planning to send my daughter to study in UK in the coming year.

3#
發表於 14-3-31 18:29 |只看該作者
AA   

4#
發表於 14-4-1 04:05 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

5#
發表於 14-4-8 02:14 |只看該作者
I have a student studying there and know the teachers and the school well. Is a good school but really chase for academic excellent. I feel there is a lot of pressure to perform well there.
Otherwise, I like the teachers a lot and I feel they know the students well. The accommodation facilities is very good as well (new... compare to other schools)

6#
發表於 14-4-8 08:20 |只看該作者
Wan_Y 發表於 14-4-1 04:05
I live near this school. Be honest, Badminton is a good school, I am not doubt in their academic res ...
I don't agree, to some extent.

Badminton is a traditional UK school.  The way of teaching is very much UK style.  Teaching staff are predominantly British.  The community in Bristol, in where the school situates, is very British too.

There are too many Asian / Chinese, as a comparative figure to other UK schools.  However, majority (i.e. >50%) of the students are non-Asians.  Many top ranked UK schools tend to have a higher proportion of Asians.

There are pros and cons to the higher proportion of Asian.  If the kids go earlier, say at or before Year 9, there is little concern on picking up English even with a higher ratio of non English speaking students - as there are ample activities using English as medium of instruction / communication.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題