發表於 14-2-27 11:35 |只看該作者
Hi judymama, 記得你之前問過,很難決定吧?

我小朋友正在CAIS讀Prep, 非常愉快、享受着每天,各方面都有很大進步!

多謝你之前給我很多關於CAIS的寶貴意見。祝願你小朋友無論在那裏都愉快學習!

3#
發表於 14-2-27 12:11 |只看該作者

回覆:judymama 的帖子

Hi Judymama,

你小朋友都係CAIS 讀左3年,呢間學校你整體評語都是正面,而小朋友亦係CAIS build up 左佢自己既social network.  我想問既係,DBIS有咩吸引住你既地方,令你會想去讀呢?

4#
發表於 14-2-27 13:24 |只看該作者
Interesting options... (since these two schools are very different in terms of location & social group)

It really depends on where you live and what kind of background your family has. If most of your friends are locals and you don't live in DB, then your child may have issues fitting into DBIS. If you live in DB and have lots of international friends, and chinese is not a language you are keen on having your child to acquire, then DBIS would be a more comfortable choice.

5#
發表於 14-2-27 16:14 |只看該作者
Do you want to switch to the IB system that's why you consider switching school? They are very different systems. CAIS just acquired AP last year and since it is new to the school not sure how well the results will be in the coming years.

May I know why you're considering leaving CAIS?

6#
發表於 14-3-3 09:07 |只看該作者
AP in CAIS is not new....and the school has a good result for AP result..please go to CAIS webiste to search details !

7#
發表於 14-3-3 09:36 |只看該作者

回覆:DBIS vs CAIS

Thanks all. DBIS offered a place to my son after putting on waiting list for 2 years. It is more international than CAIS. I dont prefer a change but his dad keen on this. Its hard to decide

點評

jolalee  seconds oooray :)  發表於 14-3-3 23:37
oooray  Your son's involvement is very important before making any change. I had a family meeting with my son before making a decision for changing school in Year One.  發表於 14-3-3 13:14

8#
發表於 14-3-3 11:45 |只看該作者
回覆 judymama 的帖子

May I know How long you wait DBIS?
Thanks

9#
發表於 14-3-3 23:36 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 jolalee 於 14-3-4 01:04 編輯
judymama 發表於 14-3-3 09:36
Thanks all....  It is more international than CAIS...

That is the point. Is your family international as well? Do you hang with expats on the weekends and your options of entertainment includes going to Dragon Boat races & Pink concert with teenage kid (or plan to go to one when he grows older)? DBay is a very close knit expat community and kids in DBIS would be one of the most non-localized group of kids in HK. A more local family in that kind of environment can expect their child to either be excluded socially (even if he does speak English), or conforms with them and ends up feeling very disconnected from his own roots (including feeling out of place during relative lunches).

My son is currently going to a kindergarten in DB, with an ethnic mix about the same as DBIS. (Even within DB some schools have less Asians than others) There is only 1 Cantonese speaking child in his class of 20. Even at this age i noticed that boy was excluded in social interactions from other kids in his class. I am moving my son out of schooling in DB this coming year, partly due to this reason. (Both my husband and I grew up abroad but still want our son to keep sufficient Chinese roots, which he is quickly losing).

CAIS vs. DBIS is a very tough decision. The two communities are quite polar opposites within the IS pool. I think you may try going to DBIS at the end of a school day, and soak in the environment. See how you feel about it. See if there is sufficient bridging & connections between what you see and what your family is like. All the best!!

10#
發表於 14-3-5 16:33 |只看該作者
Just a quick report. I went to the DBIS lower school open house today. As expected, of the approx 70 parents there (all on the DBIS queue), there's only about 10 orientals (this could include japanese, koreans, mainlanders and locals). At least 60-70% has blonde hair. In a class of 20 kids, i only see 2 pure Oriental faces (about 5 mixed kids, a few Indians and mostly Caucasians). This rings true in every single class i spotted. The demographic was more extreme than i previously imagined.

11#
發表於 14-3-10 09:05 |只看該作者

回覆:ILBC 的帖子

i not choice CAIS, choice Anfield due to like there environment and good english  conduct etc.

CAIS poor environment, so.....

‹ 上一主題|下一主題