搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 讀醫:香港vs美國vs英國
發新帖
查看: 16606|回覆: 15
go

讀醫:香港vs美國vs英國 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-1-29 14:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
個仔讀緊直資學校中五DSE,之前想讀科學,一路準備去美國升學;舊年中突然間話要留係香港讀醫(可能受同學影響),所以考SAT的進度慢左;現在又想出國見識下先返香港,學校counselor 話都可以考慮申情英國大學。所以想請教下各位:

1. 如果讀醫,香港的水平與美國、英國大學比差幾多?係英國讀左醫之後返香港,係唔係與其他國家返來一樣都要考試先可以做醫生?
2. 英國top大學的醫與美國比,好定差?
3. 最緊要,申請英國大學讀醫,有邊的試一定要考?IGCSE、IELTS?考左TOEFL係唔係可以唔考IELTS?係唔係唔嗮好似申請美國大學一樣要其他課外活動?

好多謝各位先!

3    0    0    1

2#
發表於 14-1-29 14:45 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 14-1-29 14:54 |只看該作者
回覆 bigfoothk 的帖子

多謝多謝!好全面的信息!係唔係申請英國大學都係尋求agent幫助?

4#
發表於 14-1-29 15:03 |只看該作者
回覆 mezk 的帖子

係唔係唔可以用DSE的成績申請英國大學?多謝!

5#
發表於 14-1-29 15:28 |只看該作者
I would like to render my comments as follows:
1. 如果讀醫,香港的水平與美國、英國大學比差幾多?I would have thought that the standard of the basic medical training is more or less the same in US, UK and HK. All medical schools in these countries/places can offer the first class medical training to the students. 係英國讀左醫之後返香港,係唔係與其他國家返來一樣都要考試先可以做醫生?So long as you are not trained in Hong Kong, you will be required to take and pass the licentiate examination before you are allowed to practice in Hong Kong.

2. 英國top大學的醫與美國比,好定差? For basic medical training, I would think that the standard of UK medical colleges and USA medical colleges are more or less the same, However, if we talk about medical researches, I think the medical schools of the top US colleges such as Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Johns Hopkins, UC San Francisco, UCLA etc are, on the average better than those in UK (except, Oxbridge, Imperial or UCL).

3. 最緊要,申請英國大學讀醫,有邊的試一定要考?IGCSE、IELTS?考左TOEFL係唔係可以唔考IELTS?係唔係唔嗮好似申請美國大學一樣要其他課外活動?If you want to apply to Oxbridge or Imperial College, you need to take the BMAT, You need to take UKCAT for other UK colleges. The only college that does not require additional medical aptitude test is U Bristol. Apart from good academic result, I think you need to demonstrate to the admission tutor that you are passionate about medicine and you are fit to study medicine. The best way to demonstrate your passion is the activities taken outside classrooms.

6#
發表於 14-1-29 17:55 |只看該作者
據了解,美國讀醫唔可以用DSE申請,要先有一個大學學位,所以時間會好長。另外蘇格蘭的大學醫學院都好出名,尤其是愛丁堡大學醫學院。

7#
發表於 14-1-29 23:23 |只看該作者
首選香港,次選英國,then 美國

8#
發表於 14-2-1 19:38 |只看該作者
回覆 kwokyk 的帖子

聽講在英讀醫,政府供實習的機會很小,那讀到一半,會否兩頭唔到岸?

9#
發表於 14-2-1 20:31 |只看該作者
chansyangela 發表於 14-2-1 19:38
回覆 kwokyk 的帖子

聽講在英讀醫,政府供實習的機會很小,那讀到一半,會否兩頭唔到岸? ...
英國定特區政府!
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

10#
發表於 14-2-2 01:35 |只看該作者
聽聞個執業資格試合格率非常之低, 聽聞最近好似放寬左. 如果英國讀完醫但香港執唔到業咁可以做咩呢?

11#
發表於 14-2-3 09:56 |只看該作者
回覆 ANChan59 的帖子

ANChan59, 我的意思是英國

12#
發表於 14-2-3 10:02 |只看該作者
chansyangela 發表於 14-2-3 09:56
回覆 ANChan59 的帖子

ANChan59, 我的意思是英國
因為實習問題,所以英國越來越收得少海外學生讀醫學院。
所以都好奇怪有香港家長提議辦自資醫學院。
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

13#
發表於 14-2-3 11:01 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 smallfoothk 於 14-2-3 11:49 編輯

明報:增學額破壟斷 雙管齊下化解醫生荒                                                                                                                    公立醫院醫生轉為私人執業,導致公立醫院人手短缺的情況日趨嚴重,醫管局文件披露,2010至2016年間,醫管局平均每年短缺33名醫生(約每年公立醫生需求的十分之一),即使增加醫科生名額也遠水難救近火,相關推算還未包括未來陸續落成的公立及私家醫院,再加上近年有大批內地人來港就醫,香港已經出現“醫生荒”,政府必須雙管齊下,其一是增加本地培訓,其二是研究開放醫生執業資格,直接聘請外國名牌大學醫科畢業生來港執業。
  公立醫生不斷“出走” 比奶粉荒更嚴重  醫生荒的癥結,是香港醫療界出現壟斷,並非在香港兩所大學醫學院畢業的醫生,即使在外國名牌大學醫學院畢業,也無法直接來港執業,但其他國家卻“打開門戶”,向香港的醫科生招手。中大醫學院院長霍泰輝指出,新加坡人口僅400萬,遠少於香港的700萬,但醫科畢業生數目卻與香港相同,新加坡還同時承認全世界多間醫科大學,包括香港大學及中文大學的醫科生資格,讓他們免試到新加坡行醫,增加當地醫生人手供應。

港府與其逃避核心問題,只靠派錢紓解公立醫院醫生的不滿情緒,不如釜底抽薪,打破醫療系統的保護主義,引入更多醫生供應。只有徹底解決醫生長遠供應的問題,方能既照顧本地病人的需要,同時推動賺取外匯的醫療產業,避免出現“醫療版”的奶粉荒 。
如h7xx下医生荒伊院迫爆 入院要等over 8小時
because英國越來越收得少海外學生,知道本地資助名額有限,開自資課程,希望多D學生能達要求的成績也能入讀,眼見很多朋友孩子DSE成績不錯,但未能入讀医科,多去外國如美,澳讀医,留學生費用不菲,不如用於本地,培養更多有用医生,做福社會...,佢都係呻吓姐
....開自資課程,本地條件有限,不如

14#
發表於 14-2-4 00:19 |只看該作者
Hi there I am a doctor working in UK so i know abit about this topic and would like to share my 2 cents.
I think to pick where to study your choice should really be dependent on where you want to work. Entrance exam for HK is notoriously difficult, this is mainly due to the fact that you really dont know what they are going to ask you i.e. you need the current hku or chinese u note to take that exam.
I think shotastar had covered many valid points especially regarding the standard of medical schools. I dont think you should worry too much about medical researches as they are not really for doctors and only become relevant when you are applying for your consultant posts.
Regarding entrance tests for medical school in the UK again shotastar had covered many important points including passion for medicine. However, medical tutors look for something extra in an applicant such as work experience and extra curriculum activates ( you need to be good at something basically as everybody will have the same grades.)
Training after medical school is not a problem as everyone will have foundation years guaranteed.
I hope this help. any question please PM me.

點評

FreemanM  Thanks  發表於 14-2-12 17:39

15#
發表於 14-2-4 10:35 |只看該作者
skIII 發表於 14-1-29 17:55
據了解,美國讀醫唔可以用DSE申請,要先有一個大學學位,所以時間會好長。另外蘇格蘭的大學醫學院都好出名 ...

For U.S. schools, there is no medical undergrad.  There is pre-med, but you don't necessarily have to be pre-med to go to medical school.  Med school is a post-graduate study, so you will need to get your undergraduate degree first (4 years).  And then, in your senior year, you will have to apply for med school wtih your college transcript, MCAT and interviews.  Med school will be another 4 years.  Then, if you are going to go for specialty (i.e. surgery), you will need to go into residency for another 2-4 years.  Then, if you want to come back to Hong Kong, you will need to find a place in hospital, take a test, etc.  If you are to become a doctor, I don't think you would want to go the states....Price and time is much costlier than other countries.

點評

FreemanM  You are so right unless one possesses a US citizenship  發表於 14-2-12 17:41

16#
發表於 14-2-4 12:11 |只看該作者
Dear all,

Thank you very much and Happy New Year to you and yourfamily! J

‹ 上一主題|下一主題