Why ESF Kindergarten? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-1-29 11:31 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
1) high chance of getting into their primary school
What else?

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 14-1-29 12:31 |只看該作者
No longer have higher chance to get into primary school starting for 2014-2015 K1.

3#
發表於 14-1-29 12:55 |只看該作者

回覆:tiffany168168 的帖子

Principal said they having weekly meeting with all principals,
And priority may come back
Also,
Last year,
Only 2 students on wait list to ESF primary school and the principal is working on them,
And comfort the parents not to worry

4#
發表於 14-1-29 13:21 |只看該作者
babythepoon 發表於 14-1-29 11:31
What else?
May be the same reason as why people keep watching TVB, i.e. habitual viewing.

Haha, but may be this is not doing TVB justice, they may not be the best, but they are better than many of the alternatives {:1_1:}

5#
發表於 14-1-29 13:27 |只看該作者
回覆 FattyDaddy 的帖子

TVB is free though!  And it is definitely worth what ones paid for it!

點評

FattyDaddy  ATV is also free, but they are just wasting bandwidth   發表於 14-1-29 13:32
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

6#
發表於 14-1-29 13:29 |只看該作者
babythepoon 發表於 14-1-29 12:55
And priority may come back
Yes it may, but that is a very uncertain may.

Personally I believe one of the reasons for removing the priority is because they are opening a new kindergarten in Tung Chung (classes will begin in August 2016) without a corresponding increase in their primary school places, so they need to manage people's expectations.

7#
發表於 14-1-29 17:13 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:babythepoon+發表於+14-1-29+12:55+A

原帖由 FattyDaddy 於 14-01-29 發表
Yes it may, but that is a very uncertain may.

Personally I believe one of the reasons for removing  ...
Yes you are right
Maybe the ESF students with no debenture will unlikely to get in now

8#
發表於 14-1-29 18:04 |只看該作者

回覆:Why ESF Kindergarten?

本帖最後由 MrsChikChik 於 14-1-29 18:18 編輯

The principal will help esf students to get in esf primary. no worry at all.

9#
發表於 14-1-29 20:10 |只看該作者
We have had a very positive experience at our son's ESF kindergarten. During his two years there, we saw him thrive and develop into a bright, inquiring, creative and confident learner who enjoyed going to school every day and making some strong friendships over that period. His kindergarten also prepared him very well for entering primary school and he has transitioned seamlessly and smoothly into Year 1 at an ESF primary.

However I do believe that not all ESF kindergartens are created equally and some tend to produce more satisfied parents than others and also tend to have better success rates at getting most of their kids into an ESF primary (if that is the student's choice).

However I don't think the ESF principal or indeed the kindergarten itself has any input at all in the interview selection or acceptance process (beyond the stated priority, which ends next year). If a child from the ESF kindergarten fails the interview (and there were a couple in my son's year who did), there is nothing the principal can do to change the outcome.

10#
發表於 14-1-29 22:10 |只看該作者
Mom2One 發表於 14-1-29 20:10
not all ESF kindergartens are created equally and some tend to produce more satisfied parents than others and also tend to have better success rates at getting most of their kids into an ESF primary ...
Yes there are some differences between the kindergartens, come to think of it, there are even differences between classes in the same kindergarten because of the different chemistry created by different teachers and pupils, but on the whole the differences are quite minor.

As for the success rates, they also depend on the catchment zones. Kindergarten pupils usually live near to their school and so different kindergartens will feed into different sets of primary schools. For example there wouldn't be many Tsing Yi pupils falling into Clear Water Bay's catchment, nor Hillside pupils coming under Shatin Junior, so success rates also depend on how over subscribed the individual primary schools are and not necessarily due to any differences in the quality of pupils produced by the different kindergartens. ESF say they would perform re-balancing between schools if the demand becomes too skewed, but how often they do that I have no idea.

11#
發表於 14-1-30 11:01 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 oooray 於 14-1-30 11:08 編輯

回覆 Mom2One 的帖子

Absolutely.I went through those ESF admission and priority games with my children in different stages.
Primary schools do strictly follow the admission policy. I cannot see any extra things can be done by the kindy principals in Year admission (BTW, the kindy principals do not have such responsibility to send every single K2 children into ESF primary school, do they?)

Interview priority is the last oasis for Cat. 2 children without ESF sibling in ESF kindy.
Without the interview priority, I do not see any differences between a ESF kindy oand non-ESF kindy children regarding admission chances (all are in no. 6 [last] priority in priority list).

12#
發表於 14-2-7 08:48 |只看該作者

回覆:oooray 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題