我女有學單簧管,起初難,要好有氣,我見佢好出力去吹,而家慢慢適應左,但聽到好易走音,應該都難。

5#
發表於 13-12-20 11:45 |只看該作者
比小朋友聽了2種音色, 由自己選喜歡的最好!

6#
發表於 13-12-20 12:13 |只看該作者
joanthony 發表於 13-12-19 19:18
Why? Which is easier?

Both are not easy for children aged 7-8.  However, I just didn't want to say "Choose whichever your child like the best", which sounds perfunctory  

My children have/had learned both instruments.  From my observation, flute is relatively easier to be managed by young child.  First, I noticed some young children struggling to hold clarinet by distorting their hand positions and shoulders while the same issue can be eased in flute by adapting curved headjoint.  Second, a child needs stronger lung to play clarinet and thus he/she cannot play it long. (the return may be the improvement of lung capacity though).  Third, flute is pitched in C.  Your child can ignore transposition until he/she starts studying music theory.  Fourth, you may realize that spit comes out of clarinet beginner's mouth and seeps through the clarinet.  This is not a problem for beginner only but it is just TOO MUCH for a child ... and personally, I don't like it.
Fifth ... in fact, i can continue to write sixth, seventh ... but that is enough

Flute is not a easy instrument either.  Many children cannot even produce sound in first lesson.  Vibrato is a difficult technique.  There is one big advantage of starting on clarinet --- it is easier to switch to many other instruments like oboe, bassoon, saxophone, etc and he/she has more "markets", especially in F1 admission.

I know that there is no standard answer to your question.  Whatever I say, there must have some clarinet players disagree.   Anyway, I picked flute for my young child.  Just share my opinions ...

‹ 上一主題|下一主題