搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 新聞透視 --- 學位有多荒
樓主: sagesage
go

新聞透視 --- 學位有多荒 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 13-12-21 10:24 |只看該作者

回覆:Jules_S 的帖子

We lived in Europe for many years, and we move to Hk recently. I have visited two local schools these months, going to their class observation, talking to the principal and attending school events. Both school are not the most popular ones in Hk, maybe tier 2/3 kind of school. That's why these schools welcome prospective parents visiting. I must say I am quite impressed by the schools: down to earth, not only focus on academic, balance of life, open-minded, care for the interest of their students, instead of only the school name.

Comparing Europe, where most people go to the nearest school they live. School difference is not that big. Here in HK, u have great variety of choice. U just need to spend some more time to find the right one. So far I found that the local aided schools are really not bad.

82#
發表於 13-12-21 17:32 |只看該作者
Jules_S 發表於 13-12-21 10:24
Here in HK, u have great variety of choice ...
I'm not surprised to hear contrary views, I have a friend who had lived in UK for many years and his daughter was born there. He came back to HK some years ago and decided that a HK style education is better for his daughter because he felt his daughter "was not learning anything" in the UK.

I always believe each family's situation and preferences are different and strictly speaking there are no right or wrong choices, however the choices we make for our children today do have an effect on how well they will fit into certain societies in future, so one should consider which part of the world they will most likely be living in when making choices for them.

83#
發表於 13-12-21 19:38 |只看該作者
I was just trying to find a movie to watch. I guess another sign of declining English in HK is that I thought there were more English version of Hollywood movies in the past. Now all but very few cinema show Cantonese dubbed version.
The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

84#
發表於 13-12-21 19:59 |只看該作者

回覆:shadeslayer 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

85#
發表於 13-12-21 20:15 |只看該作者

引用:Try+the+Hobbits. +

原帖由 ckwliu 於 13-12-21 發表
Try the Hobbits.
Watched that. Thanks.

I was looking at Frozen.

The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題