搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Local kids at Woodland preschool
發新帖
查看: 3574|回覆: 8
go

Local kids at Woodland preschool [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-9-18 18:18 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Pardon my ignorance but I’m still at my research stage re international schooling.  I see quite a lot of good comments on Woodland, but I also heard that the school is mainly for Caucasians and does not admit a lot of local kids.

Are there any local parents who send their kids to Woodland? What are your views on this school? Which campus are you in? Do your kids cope well?   I’m of course happy for my kid to interact with children from different nationalities but I do want to make sure that he can fully fit into the school environment.  Any thoughts and sharing?

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-9-24 23:56 |只看該作者

引用:Pardon+my+ignorance+but+I’m+still+at+my

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 13-10-29 17:54 |只看該作者

回覆:jessieshan 的帖子

Will kid in Montessori be less trained in good habitats? I am impressed by Woodland campus and class set up. But I worried whether my child will be less disciplined. Could you share your experience? Thx!

4#
發表於 13-10-30 00:18 |只看該作者

引用:Will+kid+in+Montessori+be+less+trained+i

原帖由 aspirant99 於 13-10-29 發表
Will kid in Montessori be less trained in good habitats? I am impressed by Woodland campus and class ...
Please advise which campus of woodland has better facilities and school environment?

5#
發表於 13-10-30 09:31 |只看該作者
My daughter will start going to woodland Sai Kung on this Friday. From my observation, local kids should be fine studying there as half of the class is local kids ( at least in my daughter's class).  I m not sure about other campus. I think hk island campus would have more Caucasians.

In terms of facilities, I have really no idea which campus is the best because I only went to woodland Sai Kung for school visit.

6#
發表於 13-10-31 15:45 |只看該作者
I am not a parent yet but from what I saw during the various visits; there are Asian kids, maybe about 30% in general.

Woodland Montessori Academy on Caine Road is great in terms of environment, facilities and of course teachers. Just one thing to think about is the Montessori Method if it is not your cup of tea.
Woodland Happy Valley and the Peak are also great but I personally like the Caine Road one more. The new HV campus for playgroups is relatively small but all necessary facilities are equipped.

I did research on Montessori method before but have never put my girl in this edu system; so I don't know if Montessori would really lead to kids being "less disciplined". However, from what I read and observed during visits to Montessori class, all kids are well behaved and I love it! If one study their approaches in details, or if it is a truely Montessori school, I do see disciplines are immersed in it; free play is not that free, teachers should divert pupils to explore other areas if s/he keeps doing works on one particular area - a well trained teacher is thus very important to work out the best from Montessori.

My concern about Woodland is not about their teaching standard but purely the connection to Primary school. If my girl can enter IMS or other Int'l school pre-K, we don't need to worry about Primary school.

7#
發表於 13-11-6 19:10 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 13-11-6 22:34 |只看該作者
My boy is studying in woodland preschool too. My elder boy was graduated fr woodland too. I think the student mix is one of the concern of the school. The school will not accept every applications, right? Student mix will be under their control.

so it's no need to worry about how many local kids and how many foreigners in a class. I think every schools will be somehow the same. however, from my observation, as PM class is less popular than AM class, and most LOCAL kids like to join in the mid of term (swap fr local system), then it's a high chance to see MORE LOCAL KIDS in PM class. my boy's class has 3-4 "chinese-face" classmates only(24 kids per class).

to be frank, how can we classify who is "LOCAL" kids? by their parents' nationality or by their face? many of them maybe ABC,CBC...... or maybe HK ppl with foreign passports who didn't target on LOCAL system. They may not be regarded as a LOCAL kids, since the kids are NATIVE english speakers.

No worry.....

9#
發表於 13-11-7 11:36 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 錢錢媽 於 13-11-7 11:37 編輯

To what I know, Woodland would take any kids.  They do not have any assessment or interviews.  They told me they used the First Come First Serve strategy.

My little one was in Red Hill.  That was a very good school.  Great environment!!!  If I need to choose a kindergarten again, I would choose the same school..... even though it was very expensive ... something like 10K a month.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題