16網唔催谷學校 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-9-9 12:56 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
請問唔想太谷,愛官係咪好選擇呢? 啲小朋友乖唔乖? 校風好唔好?
或者仲有冇邊間可以揀?
   5    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-9-9 16:44 |只看該作者
2 years ago I answered a similar question.  Today I will still say the same thing:

It's a good school.  My kid is leading a happy campus life.
How good is it?
1) modern / spacious campus and facilities
2) school workload not as heavy as other traditional schools
3) the principal, vice-principals and most of the teachers are enthusiastic
4) full support for those falling behind in terms of academic performance
5) no compulsory rules on how you choose your ECAs.  Totally at your own discretion (or at your kids' discretion).  I am loving it!!
6) if you are in Class A, also plenty of opportunities to let the kids develop more
7) it's a govt school, all fees charged will be kept at a minimum cost without sacrificing the quality.

I have no regret at all on choosing ABGPS!!!

3#
發表於 13-9-9 19:08 |只看該作者
Thanks saiwanho. 我都明白魚與熊掌好難取捨。我選擇愛官都係想小朋友有開心嘅校園生活。但係佢地會唔會同其他小學啲學業成績差好遠呢?

4#
發表於 13-9-10 01:40 |只看該作者
回復 SmellyChu 的帖子

I don't think there will be big differences between our class A students and other students at other regional famous schools in terms of academic results.  Unlike one of the regional schools' principal, who often being high profile and boost about the achievement of their school orchestra, ABGPS appear to be low-profile but still actively participate in all kinds of inter-school sports and musical events.  

One thing I appreciate ABGPS a lot:   no compulsory rule on ECA, no need to force your kid to study one kind of musical instruments.  My kid is not interested in learning musical instruments.  Thank God ABGPS hasn't got such a rule which saved our time and money.

It's true that there are many new Chinese immigrants' kids are admitted into ABGPS.  But if your kid is willing to study hard, I think it isn't difficult at all to get into Class A.  Don't worry too much.

Sorry to type in English as it's faster for me.  If you prefer I reply in Chinese, please let me know.

5#
發表於 13-9-10 08:58 |只看該作者
Super thanks for your valuable sharing. I have much pressure on school choosing before, and now i have more clear idea. Be honest, the Chinese immigrants is one of my concern. But i think that is no much impact if my chil is obedient. Thanks again for your sharing.

6#
發表於 13-9-10 12:25 |只看該作者
You are welcome.

The mainlander students are not that naughty at ABGPS.  But to be frank they are a bit weak in English (most of them).  But I don't think that would cause us problems as the good ones will be gathered in Class A and the teaching speed and quality will be totally different (except for P1 & P2).

Your kid is a boy or a girl?  Now in K3?  When my boy was in K3, ABGPS was my only choice.  Close to home, also not w/ long history so less younger brothers/sisters to compete with.  Also ABGPS links up with good secondary schools.

Pls feel free to post here if you have more questions.

7#
發表於 13-9-10 13:43 |只看該作者
回復 saiwanho 的帖子

My son is in K3 now, since i am now living in Shakeiwan, so much knowledge in the 16 network. Just know some famous schools are very harsh. ABGPS also near Grandpa home who will take care my son. Other than ABGPS, i also consider 崇真 & 筲官小, but not much comment from edu kingdom. Compare with them, ABGPS' school environment, secondary network is better.

After your comment, i am quite sure i will choose ABGPS in the first round application at the end of Sep.

Thanks again.

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 13-9-10 19:39 |只看該作者

回覆:16網唔催谷學校

功課量普通,唔算多!

9#
發表於 13-9-10 23:18 |只看該作者
Thanks Conniecheung

10#
發表於 13-9-11 00:54 |只看該作者
回復 SmellyChu 的帖子

Welcome to ABGPS and good luck to your boy!

Shaukeiwan Govt Primary School's campus is a bit small and old when compared to ABGPS.  I haven't checked its secondary school linkage.  Just becoz of the location and campus it has already been excluded from my choice.

崇真seems having a nice campus but a bit far away from my home.  Therefore not considered as well.  

I am rather lazy and prefer the school to be close to home.  In case of emergency, we can pick up the kid ASAP.

11#
發表於 13-9-11 13:07 |只看該作者
I am lazy also, but quite worry about my decision will affect my son. May be I think too much.

12#
發表於 13-9-11 22:50 |只看該作者
回復 SmellyChu 的帖子

No need to worry too much, take it easy.

PM me when the result is announced!  Good luck!

13#
發表於 13-9-11 22:54 |只看該作者

回覆:saiwanho 的帖子

thank you very much.我都係愛官同崇真揀緊, 請問愛官功課多不多?老師有耐性同愛心嗎?因為小兒好乖但欠缺自信心,需要老師多D鼓勵,唔知邊間适合佢多D?

14#
發表於 13-9-12 01:30 |只看該作者
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

愛官小一、小二還沒有用成績來分班,所以小兒那兩年過得頗輕鬆,我相信功課量,如果跟其他學校相比,不算多。

三年級開始就分班,最好的去A班,較次的去B班,再次的去C班,其餘的D和E班就混合,A班明顯功課量比其他的班較多,但是跟其他名牌小學的功課量相比,應該還有段距離,能力範圍内可以應付。

老師們,托賴,多年來小兒接觸過的大多是有愛心,對教育有熱誠的一輩,這方面我起碼給90分!

崇真那邊我沒有深入研究過内部的情況,也不認識他們的學生、老師和家長,所以不能比較。

有問題歡迎再詢問。

15#
發表於 13-9-12 08:55 |只看該作者
回復 saiwanho 的帖子

Thanks, I will let u know once had result.

16#
發表於 13-9-12 09:00 |只看該作者
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

Hi, nicksonma, my son's character just like your son, so i don't want to choose the famous tradition shc, afraid too harsh. May I know any reason you don't consider 筲官小? And another sch you are considering?

And 祟真 has open day this Sat wor. I will go to see see the environment.

17#
發表於 13-9-12 09:54 |只看該作者
saiwanho 發表於 13-9-12 01:30
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

愛官小一、小二還沒有用成績來分班,所以小兒那兩年過得頗輕鬆,我相信功課量,如 ...

唔該晒!
請問愛官功課量大概有幾多? 一般做幾耐可完成?
課後有無功課輔導班, 因為我要返工, 如果可以係學校做左大部份功課咁我放工後可以唔使focus 係佢功課度.

18#
發表於 13-9-12 10:04 |只看該作者
SmellyChu 發表於 13-9-12 09:00
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

Hi, nicksonma, my son's character just like your son, so i don't want to choo ...

好呀, 大家交流下!

我上星期去左崇真參觀啦, 呢間比我感覺係一間好有愛心既學校. 佢話100% 老師係基督徒.
我以前參加過佢既家長講座, 黃校長好好人. 但係黃校長今年退左休, 副校長升左做校長,
原校再升左兩個主任做副校長. 校長轉左, 我係有少少擔憂無以前咁有心, 不過都係原校升, 應該變化不大.

環境同愛官差不多, 都係無敵大海景.

但我得15分, 第一ROUND 應該無乜機會, 所以我都猶疑緊.

加上佢地點比較偏, 愛官相對我來講可以唔使搭車好似方便少少.

至於筲官, 佢地方相對又係偏D, 地方細D,舊D,  同愛官性質差不多, 有得揀, 當然揀愛官.
不過筲官師資好像好D.

19#
發表於 13-9-12 13:55 |只看該作者
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

P1, P2, 時,如果小朋友乖乖坐好做,一個半小時應該可以搞掂了。不過都有些親子功課,例如剪報,需要家長幫忙。

功課輔導班,通常學校發現有哪些小朋友學習方面有困難,就會自動編到輔導班,好像叫讀寫樂。如果不是有很大學習困難,而且留心上課,應該不需要功課輔導。我仔話,通常在小息,午飯后,或者某些空堂都可以做功課,您可以吩咐小朋友善用那些時間,您下班回家就負責核對,親子功課和溫習那部分。

點評

nicksonma  唔該晒!  發表於 13-9-12 14:25

20#
發表於 13-9-13 09:04 |只看該作者
回復 nicksonma 的帖子

如你所說, 崇真多人揀過愛官?

其實係咪除咗出名o個4間, 係咪呢兩間算係唔差o既學校?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題