搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 Top notch hearing test provider
發新帖
查看: 1108|回覆: 10
go

Top notch hearing test provider

發表於 05-2-17 00:34 |顯示全部帖子

Top notch hearing test provider

Can somebody tell me where should I go to have the hearing of my 3-year-old ASD kid tested completely ?  He passed the pure tone test some time ago but refused to cooperate for the more detail "best ear" test 'cos head he did not like the head phone.

Don't want to wait for the government service, so that is not an option.

發表於 05-2-17 15:27 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Top notch hearing test provider

I am asking a good friend of mine who is a practising OT about this.  Will come back to you later.

BTW, are you dommom from dennis' APN?  This is Simon from APN too.  Nice to meet you there.

耶穌在路上看見一個生下來就瞎眼的人。他的門徒問他說:「老師,這個人生來就瞎眼,是誰的罪造成的?是他自己的罪,還是他父母的罪呢?」 耶穌回答說:「他瞎眼和他自己或他父母的罪都沒有關係,而是要在他身上彰顯天主的能力。」(若/ 約9:1-3) 你應該在上主面前安心依靠,不要因萬事順當的人而煩惱 (詠/詩 37:7) "If you really love one another, you will not be able to avoid making sacrifices." ~ Mother Teresa

發表於 05-2-18 00:06 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, here I am.  The same one from APN.  Thanks for your help.

發表於 05-2-18 15:22 |顯示全部帖子

Dommom,

My girl has also taken a hearing test last year.  There were three parts, one thru' playing, one wearing earphone and I don't remember if she needed to wear a headphone for the third one.  I just knew that she had to stay very still or they have to put her to sleep first.

If these are the tests that you were talking about, you can call up Widex (2771 0501 Yaumatei) for info.  They also have offices in Central and Yuen Long.  The name of the audiologist that we used was Janet.

發表於 05-2-21 11:14 |顯示全部帖子

Dommom,
You can try this:
Alpha Hearing Healthcare Centre in Quarry Bay.
Tel: 2569-2323
I was told that many local international schools use their services.

Siu_Ming
耶穌在路上看見一個生下來就瞎眼的人。他的門徒問他說:「老師,這個人生來就瞎眼,是誰的罪造成的?是他自己的罪,還是他父母的罪呢?」 耶穌回答說:「他瞎眼和他自己或他父母的罪都沒有關係,而是要在他身上彰顯天主的能力。」(若/ 約9:1-3) 你應該在上主面前安心依靠,不要因萬事順當的人而煩惱 (詠/詩 37:7) "If you really love one another, you will not be able to avoid making sacrifices." ~ Mother Teresa

發表於 05-2-21 12:04 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,
I am very sorry to ask you what the above-mentioned hearing test is.  What is the aim of this test?  Is it something related to auditory therapy or music therapy?  Thanks.    
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

發表於 05-2-21 22:48 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Dommom,

Could you tell me why do you need an audiological assessment?  Do you suspect that your child may have hearing impairment?  Or do you want to obtain an audiogram for other purpose?

And, how autistic is your child?  Can he sit for 15-20 minutes (with toys, of course)?

I know two audiologists who are speech therapists themselves as well (not those listed by the other responder here).  They may be more suitable for doing the hearing test with ASD kids.  If you want the contact, pls send me a pm.

Dommom 寫道:
Can somebody tell me where should I go to have the hearing of my 3-year-old ASD kid tested completely ?  He passed the pure tone test some time ago but refused to cooperate for the more detail "best ear" test 'cos head he did not like the head phone.

Don't want to wait for the government service, so that is not an option.
稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?

發表於 05-2-22 00:45 |顯示全部帖子

稚言治語, the Clinical Psychologist who assessed my son recently recommended him to take a detail hearing test to "eliminate the possibilites" of his having some biological problems that impair his speech.  He cannot speak clearly and some time people have troubles understanding him, including myself.  He especially have problems with the "F" and "L" sounds.

Yes, he can sit for 20 minutes without much problem.

The paeditrician we see regularly wrote my a referral to Phonak in TST today.  She asked Phonak to test every "f" from 250-8000, if I read her hand-writing right.  I think I will go there.

發表於 05-2-22 11:42 |顯示全部帖子

mrsphcheung,

As Dommom says, the hearing test is to check the hearing functions of the child.  Our purpose of taking this test is also the same, to check whether it is possible that any hearing impairment that our girl may have that will affect her speech development.  You know, if she can't hear properly, her learning and expression abilities will also be affected.

發表於 05-2-22 12:16 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks.
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

發表於 05-2-22 13:41 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Dommon,

If that is the case, I will agree that Phonak is one of the suitable place to go.  

By the way, kids by that age (including autistic ones) having articulation problems are quite common.  Usually not to do with the hearing ability.  Anyway, checking does no harm to the kid.  And it is wise to eliminate any possible contributing factors to the language delay so that we can plan the treatment more accurately.

稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?