搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 想k2後 讀兩間學校
樓主: memehayleybb
go

想k2後 讀兩間學校   [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 13-7-26 01:07 |只看該作者
回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

Totally agreed with you!  Actually in US/Canada, most daycare or private kinders are full day already which is from 8am-6pm.  If two kinders added together only 6 hrs, I personality don't think the kids will lack of sleep.  My friend's daughter goes to famous kinder in kln tong, 90% of her classmates like her which have to goto those ABC pathways or Enopi Math after school, plus 2 hrs homeworkes, they don't get to nap/play.  What's the difference btw going to 學嘢vs another kinder?

102#
發表於 13-7-26 07:43 |只看該作者

引用:回復+shadeslayer+的帖子 Totally+agreed+

原帖由 MattiesMom 於 13-07-26 發表
回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

Totally agreed with you!  Actually in US/Canada, most daycare or private ki ...
No difference, both cases are crazy if we are talking about at least 2 or 3 hours of ECA, tuition classes everyday.  Although usually kindergarten has a higher expectation of children's achievement while tuition classes are a bit more lax.

The more bizzare a thing is, the less mysterious it proves to be.

103#
發表於 13-7-26 08:56 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+MattiesMom+於+13-07-26+發表

原帖由 shadeslayer 於 13-07-26 發表
No difference, both cases are crazy if we are talking about at least 2 or 3 hours of ECA, tuition cl ...
Full day nursery is different. They leave a lot of time for napping and aimless playing. Two half day kindergartens have 2 sets of curriculum objectives to meet and have no napping time or very little free playing time.  Sometimes have homework and or dictation, etc depending which kindle you are talking about.

104#
發表於 13-7-26 15:20 |只看該作者
回復 HKTHK 的帖子

It is fascinating that all of you can argue about two kindergartens for so long.  I have my views and I would never do it.  But if someone else wants to, why not let them have it their way?
HKTHK,

十年前我也是一般想法, 因为唔多肯定'甚么'是对孩子最好! 今天见过非常多的'揾呢搅'的'为你好',大部分动机是出于父母缺乏'安全感'与对未来充满'恐惧感'下的副产品,  

安安静静,平平稳稳,可信赖的环境, (包括对佣人姐姐), 对父母, 对长辈, 对学校, 对老师, 甚至是strangers, 就是快乐孩子的安乐窝.

还有如果班内有三分一孩子是糊里糊涂的同时上两间学校的, 不难发现其余三分二的家长,也很容易疑惑地想, 我的孩子会否落后了? 我是否不负责任? 我们要孩子快乐, 就是太天真? 见着人家儿子已懂100个中文字, 必然羡慕不已, 却忘记自己四岁孩子能游一百米的健壮.  是开心的睡宝, 最终还是胡乱的赶乘'欲望号街车, 苦了孩子啊! 此风还是不要长, 不鼓励, 不孤息!   (其实已经开始增长不少, 从前父母多是偷偷地干, 点敢随便话我个仔读两三间学校), 唔多sense 的事, 多人做就变得有sense 了. 是进步还是倒退?

新相交的年青好朋友, 曾经也送过孩子读两间kinders, 如早点相交,必然努力规劝, 当我傻瓜兼多事, 没相干! 总之好孩子方程式, 一定不是从'修讀兩間kinder學校开始!

annie

點評

mldaddy  今天见过非常多的'揾呢搅'的'为你好',大部分动机是出于父母缺乏'安全感'与对未来充满'恐惧感'下的副产品 怎樣引導身邊人呢?  發表於 13-7-26 16:15

105#
發表於 13-7-26 16:12 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 mldaddy 於 13-7-26 17:06 編輯
annie40 發表於 13-7-26 15:20
[size=14.857142448425293px]安安静静,平平稳稳,可信赖的环境, (包括对佣人姐姐), 对父母, 对长辈, 对学校, 对老师, 甚至是strangers, 就是快乐孩子的安乐窝.

當中「對」作何解,可說一下?

(見諒。不懂如何 strikethrough, 唯有 dim 咗佢)

點評

annie40  我的中文常常出现用词不当的情况, 需一点时间整理思绪! 随口说的, 那有'指点'可言, 现赶赴机场,暂不多谈!  發表於 13-7-26 16:30

106#
發表於 13-7-26 16:27 |只看該作者
我感覺好難引度,就算自己經歷左、自己嘅仔女經歷左,順順利利,新進父母大多無安全感、又或者認為時代吾同曬,最後依然故我地特訓自己嘅小朋友。

107#
發表於 13-7-26 16:52 |只看該作者
Ononma 發表於 13-7-26 16:27
我感覺好難引度,就算自己經歷左、自己嘅仔女經歷左,順順利利,新進父母大多無安全感、又或者認為時代吾同 ...
如果身邊人的小朋友,正正也是自己的小朋友,就再難 ... 都希望可以「引導」一下,或幫小朋友「減輕」一下,只是不知方法!

108#
發表於 13-7-26 17:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 honeybunny7 於 13-7-26 17:53 編輯

Some thoughts:

1) It is true that this forum is for discussion.  But a lot of the times the comments here are more conclusion (定論) than discussion (討論).  Why do I say that?  If it's true discussion then it should go like "I would not do this because of X, Y Z", and "I think this may be useful in the situations A, B, C".  However, most of the comments here are just about how "monstrous" that parent must be, that the aforementioned parent (which we don't know any detail about and is not even participating in this discussion) must be aiming to stuff the child with as many classes as time permits, etc.  Why isn't anyone being more curious about the situation?  And that goes to my point #2...

2) Nowadays we often talk about under the LS system, students are more likely to be stripped of their opportunities to develop their creativity.  We often talk about how in the long run it is more important to develop our children's curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving skills.  How come we as parents have not displayed any of these skills?  Without being curious about the aforementioned parent's situation, and in this case that parent is not on EK so we should be more creative with what may be happening to him/her.  To just jump to a standard-model-answer solution, what kind of problem-solving skill is that?  I cannot see my McKinsey or Bain consultant friends acting this way.

109#
發表於 13-7-26 17:46 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 honeybunny7 於 13-7-26 17:54 編輯

Continuing:

3) When McKinsey and Bain consultants finish their projects, they often go into their clients' offices with multiple solutions, and prioritize them according to the clients' situations.  For the same problem (e.g. profit falling due to new entrants), there may be a standard set of solutions, but the situations at different clients would be different so solutions would be prioritized differently, and the recommendation would hence be different at different clients.  Same here, it may be true that all parents (let's not say just mothers, so unfair) have the choice to give up their careers to spend time with their kids, but not everyone find that choice the most ideal.  As I mentioned, there are parents who have to support their own parents or even grandparents, and in some situations their siblings, and are they going to make a different choice?  Yes, very likely.  This goes to my last point #4.

4) As a parent, I have come to love my parents even more, knowing how much they must have sacrificed for me as I have for my children today.  And, considering the grants and scholarship I received from Penn, knowing that those who donated money to Penn aimed the money to be used to nurture future leaders of the society, am I going to be a stay-home mother?  It is a very tough decision to make.  While I am telling my daughters that if they work hard, they can be anything they want to be, should I add the caveat "until you're 30 and have kids"?  This is a very personal decision, and there's no right or wrong, or even better or worse answers.  I just hope we all respect those who choose to give up their careers in the same way as we respect those who choose to hold on to their careers.

點評

fanfanbb  I have no financial burden but can't be a full time mom given my character, it won't be good to me, my boy and my husband  發表於 13-7-26 20:54
fanfanbb  No definite right or wrong, up to unique situation and condition  發表於 13-7-26 20:53
fanfanbb  Just that my presentation is not as good as yours  發表於 13-7-26 20:52
fanfanbb  This is want I wanted to say over my previous thread  發表於 13-7-26 20:51

110#
發表於 13-7-26 18:16 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 mldaddy 於 13-7-26 18:16 編輯

Maybe the money was used to nurture future leaders from the succeeding familial generation, through their stay-home mothers (or fathers) who in the eyes of the donors are leaders of the society.

111#
發表於 13-7-26 18:31 |只看該作者

回覆:honeybunny7 的帖子

I truly respect what you said. This is the way we should analyze a problem, not coming to a conclusion so soon.

112#
發表於 13-7-26 18:35 |只看該作者

回覆:annie40 的帖子

If the working parents are even more resourceful, they can hire teachers at home to stand by, let the child play freely or take a nap when sleepy, and ask the teachers questions whenever he/she wants to. Better, a few friends can be invited to join the free play.

113#
發表於 13-7-26 18:37 |只看該作者

回覆:hkparent 的帖子

The teachers should be there the whole afternoon, not just in one or two hours as then they will be tempted to teach something rather than letting the child/children play and explore freely.

114#
發表於 13-7-26 21:10 |只看該作者
mldaddy 發表於 13-7-26 16:52
如果身邊人的小朋友,正正也是自己的小朋友,就再難 ... 都希望可以「引導」一下,或幫小朋友「減輕」一下 ...
我是新進媽媽,是充滿恐懼,是沒有安全感。覌現時的社會環境,國際學校可以應付學費也沒有書讀,只好把13個月大的孩子送進目標幼稚園的play group怕兩三歲時已沒有了學位。在這種情況下,新進父母又豈能安心?

115#
發表於 13-7-26 21:21 |只看該作者
是社會的環境迫使某些父母選擇兩間幼稚園。我要工作但有強大的supporting term 所以無需要讀兩間。但是有些家庭並沒有得選擇。我的文員請不起工人,只能把兒子下午送到較便宜的補習班,放工怱怱去接兒子。沒有長者幚忙。這並不是極端的例子。

於國際學校forum 的,普遍可能是生活環境較ok的一群,我出生早根,明白working class 的苦況。他們有他們的考慮。

116#
發表於 13-7-26 22:24 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:mldaddy+發表於+13-7-26+16:52+如果

原帖由 fanfanbb 於 13-07-26 發表
我是新進媽媽,是充滿恐懼,是沒有安全感。覌現時的社會環境,國際學校可以應付學費也沒有書讀,只好把13個 ...
國際學校,幼兒班不少只是排隊等,不用兩歲識一千字,不用讀兩間幼稚園。

老實說我從未聽過有合理理由讀兩間幼稚園。環境不是太好的,父母皆在職的,就算沒工人,讀全日幼兒園或托兒所,遠好於讀兩間半日幼稚園,或半日幼稚園,半日補習。學費平於讀兩間幼稚園。

如果你有看我介紹的港台節目,你聽到孩子說少了補習,成績反而好了,家長不要因加得減。以為愈忙孩子愈學到野,是一相情願的想法。

117#
發表於 13-7-26 22:36 |只看該作者

引用:是社會的環境迫使某些父母選擇兩間幼稚園。

原帖由 fanfanbb 於 13-07-26 發表
是社會的環境迫使某些父母選擇兩間幼稚園。我要工作但有強大的supporting term 所以無需要讀兩間。但是有些 ...
是社會的環境迫使某些父母選擇兩間幼稚園

Xxxxx

是那樣的環境迫使某些父母選擇兩間幼稚園
?不是一間全日幼兒園,不是半日加托兒,是兩間幼稚園。

如果說學術要超前,當大部份人讀兩間幼稚園時,你咪要讀三間?

講真,我估到點解近幾年才流行兩間幼稚園,主要不是環境迫人,不是學術要超前,而時間上和學卷極吻合,說穿了是家長不想洩底,有著數使盡佢。

118#
發表於 13-7-26 22:41 |只看該作者
回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

Yes I saw the programme and recall some go to swim then finish her homework very late albeit she said she like it? Nevertheless, u and I got different view and I understand some parents' difficulties for sending their kids to 2 Kinders. I never opined that's a correct choice, just that I understand. If you don't agree, forget abt it, your choice anyway.

119#
發表於 13-7-26 22:46 |只看該作者
回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

家長唔係怕無著數而是怕無機會。我唔會係呢個thread再回應你。因為我地 not on the same level.

120#
發表於 13-7-26 23:05 |只看該作者

引用:+本帖最後由+honeybunny7+於+13-7-26+17:54

原帖由 honeybunny7 於 13-07-26 發表
本帖最後由 honeybunny7 於 13-7-26 17:54 編輯

Continuing:
1. A few of us, including me, have been giving our reasons, people just chose not to listen and not to address our reasons.  

2. It is not about curiosity. In discussion forums, i tend not to comment on individual cases unless parents give full details of their family particulars, and children learning history, etc, which they seldom do.

3. I don't know about you, I'd like consultants to give me solid recommendations, not 10 options and let me choose. I don't like fence sitters.

4. I am not saying parent must give up their job, that is really a personal choice. Nobody here is saying parents must give up their job. It is just one of the options and parents choose to live with a lower standard of living, in return for more time.  Looking back two generations, most families have only one working parent and a few offsprings, and with grannies to feed too.  And I don't agree an Ivy parent or an Oxbridge parent choosing to stay home for a few years to raise their kids at critical stage is a waste of their education. I really don't think so.

Even families with both working parents, there are much better options (in my opinion) then forcing their children to do two kindergartens. See my previous post for a full explanation.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題