密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 kingston playgroup
查看: 6215|回覆: 62
go

kingston playgroup [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-7-20 12:23 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
i am thinking of applying the playgroup at kingston for my boy and have a few questions concerning the school and the curriculum:

- for playgroup (below 2 year old) it is a must for a parent to accompany the kid in the lesson?
- i suppose it's not so convenient driving the kid to school as i heard there's always traffic jam in the area, so how should we go to school (we live in tst), or is there school bus which takes parent and kid to school?
- where can i find the kingston secondary school website?
- is there any religious background for kingston?
- is it too late to apply (my boy is 6 months)?

thanks a lot
   3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-7-20 12:29 |只看該作者

回覆:kingston playgroup

Hi mrslot, I live in tst too and we go to school by taxi. It is never too late to apply as I applied for my boy when he was 9-month, and we are lucky to get a place in their one year old class. Yes, one adult needs to accompany the kid for class, but any adult can do and not necessary be parents.

3#
發表於 13-7-20 12:44 |只看該作者
sleepingsiubobo 發表於 13-7-20 12:29
Hi mrslot, I live in tst too and we go to school by taxi. It is never too late to apply as I applied ...
hi sleepingsiubobo, i think we are neighbours
does your boy attend 2 or 3 days per week class? how do you like the school? do you plan to let him go to kingston primary and secondary too? i prefer a throughtrain school so wonder if i should try kingston/anfield/ycis

4#
發表於 13-7-20 16:19 |只看該作者
回復 Mrslot 的帖子

1. Traffic is not that horrible, and would be same by taxi anyway. You'd better drive, park nearby and take kid to school. I heard most moms do that.

2. It is ICHK http://www.ichk.edu.hk/ it is at sha tou kok near the border and i don't think many, or if any Kingston students will go there. In any case, it is only "associated" and so many things will change 10 years down the road. You better treat Kingston as half dragon up to primary only. In fact, most primary students will leave (to other IS or abroad) by P6, as there are 3 P1 - P4 classes, and only 1 P6.

3. No religious background, same as most profit making kinders.

4. PM classes should be ok, as many applicants even earlier than you will decline offer for PM classes. But i guess no chance for AM classes.

點評

fanfanbb  Thanks for the info.  發表於 13-7-21 10:47

5#
發表於 13-7-20 16:20 |只看該作者
回復 Mrslot 的帖子

There are school buses but you need to wait for 30 more minutes at school when leaving as PG is 2.5 hours against other classes of 3 hours. Also, it is very expensive.

6#
發表於 13-7-20 16:49 |只看該作者
21Ckid 發表於 13-7-20 16:19
回復 Mrslot 的帖子

1. Traffic is not that horrible, and would be same by taxi anyway. You'd better  ...
very informative

in such case maybe c6 can drive us, or i'll try driving then, will it be difficult to find a parking space nearby? and where can i park (i am not so familiar with that area), thanks

7#
發表於 13-7-20 17:27 |只看該作者
回復 Mrslot 的帖子

On the streets anywhere nearby. Everyone illegally parking and as long as you don't obstruct others' exits, it should be safe.

8#
發表於 13-7-21 10:46 |只看該作者
I am facing the same problem of taking the boy to Kingston. Yes we can drive there but parking will be an issue. I am not good at parallel parking. School bus has to wait and subject to change of the routes. Taxi is easy go but may be hard to get one after school.

And it will be my maid to take her to the school after the first month.

9#
發表於 13-7-21 10:52 |只看該作者

引用:I+am+facing+the+same+problem+of+taking+t

原帖由 fanfanbb 於 13-07-21 發表
I am facing the same problem of taking the boy to Kingston. Yes we can drive there but parking will  ...
Yes and I really don't wanna take taxi with my baby, it is not safe as many taxi drivers drive dangerously and there is no car seat

10#
發表於 13-7-21 12:31 |只看該作者
回復 Mrslot 的帖子

you can park at Festival Walk, and then walk to Kingston campus...it should be within 10-15 mins walk only

11#
發表於 13-7-21 19:38 |只看該作者
回復 echa1110 的帖子

Still a bit far, esp under the sunny and rainy days

12#
發表於 13-7-22 19:39 |只看該作者
No need to park at festival walk, and no one will. The long walk in summer is unbearable. You can just park outside Kingston at cumberland road. or of there are no spaces or you are not good to parallel park at a narrow space (or not thick face enough), you can go to stafford road (the one parallel to cumberland) where there are plenty of spaces that you can simply drive in without reversing.

Parking ticket rarely, if ever issued, as i heard.

13#
發表於 13-7-22 22:22 |只看該作者
21Ckid 發表於 13-7-22 19:39
No need to park at festival walk, and no one will. The long walk in summer is unbearable. You can ju ...

Thanks for the information. Very useful. I am a working mother and can only afford to attend the class with him for the first two months.  I am now trying hard to get a "driver + car" to lift him but not easy.  Have been looking this for a month - but I am not rich enough to get a full time chaffeur.....hehe

14#
發表於 13-7-25 08:23 |只看該作者

回覆:Mrslot 的帖子

Hi mrs lot, sorry for replying late as I was busy these few days. My boy will attend the tue and Thursday one year old class, pm session. In fact, I also weighted YC, Anfield and Kingston before I determined to pay the capital levy and confirmed to pick Kingston. I let my boy attended anfield toddlerobic and found that the campus of Kingston has more facilities than anfield Whampoa, as I prefer school with outdoor playground and more natural sunlight. Language is also my key concern. YC mainly use Cantonese, Anfield mainly use English, and Kingston has a good balance of English and mandarin. As we speak Cantonese at home so I think it is good to let him expose to different languages at school. Some say this will confuse the boy but I remembered when I was a kid I was also exposes to Cantonese, English, Taiwanese, so u think the earlier you expose to different languages the better you can manage them.

I also appreciate the low teacher to student ratio in Kingston.

15#
發表於 13-7-25 09:01 |只看該作者
For those who choose Kingston, which primary school will you target?

16#
發表於 13-7-25 09:32 |只看該作者

引用:For+those+who+choose+Kingston,+which+pri

原帖由 Fish777 於 13-07-25 發表
For those who choose Kingston, which primary school will you target?
Kingston

17#
發表於 13-7-25 12:20 |只看該作者
Mrslot 發表於 13-7-25 09:32
Kingston
But I could hardly obtain any information about Kingston Primary, can any one advise? Thanks!

18#
發表於 13-7-25 22:00 |只看該作者

回覆:fanfanbb 的帖子

My frd has 3 daughters, all studied at Kingston.

The oldest one is studying at oversea now, the 2nd one completed the primary at Kingston and got admitted by CIS for secondary recently. The youngest one is still in the Kingston kindergarten.

My frd said the primary school in Kingston  is good in terms of academic and bilingual learning.

I think, at least, her second daughter is accepted by CIS, the academic level from Kingston is not bad.

19#
發表於 13-7-25 23:24 |只看該作者
Shirley89 發表於 13-7-25 22:00
My frd has 3 daughters, all studied at Kingston.

The oldest one is studying at oversea now, the 2n ...
Thanks! But some said CIS considered the background, too?

20#
發表於 13-7-26 10:50 |只看該作者
fanfanbb 發表於 13-7-25 23:24
Thanks! But some said CIS considered the background, too?
what kind of background is preferred?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題