回覆:Quattrocc 的帖子

Can you pm me as well? Thank you.

23#
發表於 13-7-16 14:59 |只看該作者
Pls also pm me
Many thanks

24#
發表於 13-7-16 15:50 |只看該作者
I went to the school visit recently.  I like their teaching idea and the emphasize on music.  
Wondering if Victoria has school visit as well

25#
發表於 13-7-17 11:23 |只看該作者
回復 Quattrocc 的帖子

can u pls pm me too? thanks.

26#
發表於 13-7-17 19:13 |只看該作者
Dear Parents,

I replied directly to this thread already! My first response is below (scroll down to read). :)

Just to add, Rightmind's campus for Creche (more like playgroup) and pre-nursery programs in Shum Wan is new and quite clean (they use the IQ Air filter, which is awesome!). Victoria's campuses are slightly dated (I've been to the HH, UK and CWB one).  

If you are considering either school for your child, I would advise you to apply to both, regardless of whether or not your child is attending their playgroup.  

All the best to you!

Dear Parents,

It really depends on your child's character, what learning environment best suits them and where you want to put him/ her in primary school.

RMKG children come out strong in English and Putonghua, and their results are often measurable (e.g. they will know 4000+ Chinese characters by the time they graduate from K3, they learn Zhonghuazijing, memorize Dizigui, etc.). Their primary school placements for international/ independent schools- in particular ISF- are very impressive in recent years.
It is establishing a solid reputation, especially among expats or those returning to HK after studying/ working abroad.

Victoria, depending on the campus, has a long heritage. Its approach is learn-through-play/ experience, so some parents may find that it's a less intense program. I find the parents to be more "local" than RMKG parents (I'm speaking solely from my interaction during Victoria playgroup and also with people whose kids attend the school. My child attended playgroup there and will start PN this coming Sept)- and primary school placements reflect that. But then again, I have friends whose kids went to Victoria and then proceeded to go to CIS or SIS.

Some children thrive on sitting down quietly to learn (for hours!) or doing memorization/ recall/ repetition work. Others don't. Soooo, my take-home message is that as a parent, you know your child best and you need to figure out which learning method will bring out the potential in your child.

Just curious, anyone with (or had) the dilemma of having to choose between the two schools? Which one did you choose at the end?

27#
發表於 13-7-17 20:24 |只看該作者

回覆:Victoria vs Rightmind

Pls pm me too! Thx!

28#
發表於 13-7-17 20:28 |只看該作者
回復 Quattrocc 的帖子

Thanks for ur comments. So u are saying RM is more academic, more sitting down teaching style where as Vic is more free style which learning thru. play right? This means ur child is more active, so u choose Vic? TIA

29#
發表於 13-7-17 20:35 |只看該作者
Walala99, I wanted my child to attend both- one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. I heard that some children were attending both Victoria and Rightmind. But unfortunately both schools offered only PM classes to my child. And both said that the am classes are full and the wait lists are very long. So, we had to make the tough decision...

30#
發表於 13-7-17 20:41 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Quattrocc 於 13-7-17 21:10 編輯

Just to add: YES! I'm also very impressed with the music program at Rightmind. Below is one of many songs the students have performed. Check out this and other performances from the "Rightmind KG" user's uploads!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfMZ-nzEl_o&feature=c4-overview&list=UU3T26F3jTUUaA9uwjAFpc_Q

31#
發表於 13-7-25 03:03 |只看該作者
can u pls pm me too? many thanks.

32#
發表於 13-7-25 09:29 |只看該作者

I think if you are targeting for IS, RM is better.  If you are targeting for local primary school, Vic is better (though they have VSA, but still many students go to local Schools or DSS after).  My son had both offers for PN this year and we chose Vic because I am planning for local DSS for primary (but eventually I choose another PN which I think is more suitable).

33#
發表於 13-7-25 21:38 |只看該作者

回覆:bigheadchiu 的帖子

What is DSS?

34#
發表於 13-7-26 15:18 |只看該作者

引用:What+is+DSS? +

原帖由 yokada 於 13-07-25 發表
What is DSS?
Direct Subsidy Scheme

35#
發表於 13-7-30 08:53 |只看該作者

其實可唔可以公開分享? 反正呢幾就係BK Forum 嘅作用, 先謝過

36#
發表於 13-7-30 15:27 |只看該作者

引用:其實可唔可以公開分享?+反正呢幾就係BK+For

原帖由 Ern 於 13-07-30 發表
其實可唔可以公開分享? 反正呢幾就係BK Forum 嘅作用, 先謝過
你想公開分享?welcome ~

37#
發表於 13-7-30 19:27 |只看該作者

引用:Dear+Parents,+I+replied+directly+to+this

原帖由 Quattrocc 於 13-07-17 發表
Dear Parents,

I replied directly to this thread already! My first response is below (scroll down t ...
I don't know anything about rightmind, but my kid is in Victoria, I just want to say that the school and the families are not so local as you said.. More than 1/3 of my kid's class left for international schools including CIS, CNDIS, SIS, ISF after K2, and a few already left after K1.

I think the primary allocation listed on the website is quite misleading as it only shows those stayed and finished K3, while actually quite a large amount of students have already left for international schools year 1 after K2.

38#
發表於 13-7-30 23:46 |只看該作者

回覆:JayBB 的帖子

Thanks for your info.  Which campus does yr kid study in Vic?

39#
發表於 13-7-31 02:22 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+Ern+於+13-07-30+發表其實可

原帖由 Babybaby2011 於 13-07-30 發表
你想公開分享?welcome ~
我見Quattrocc 一直pm 其他member 乍...

40#
發表於 13-8-1 22:56 |只看該作者
回復 JayBB 的帖子

Thanks, JayBB. As I said re: Victoria being more "local", I'm speaking purely from my interaction with other parents in playgroup (HH campus). Our child will start PN there next week and we plan for our child to eventually attend international school, so it's great to know that kids from Victoria are also getting into good international schools as well as good local ones!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題