有無人知今年 IB 成績如何? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-7-7 02:17 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印

有無人知今年 IB 成績如何?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-7-7 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
回復 big-boy 的帖子

I don't think there should be any doubts that both of us are Logos parents, based on the previous discussions and exchanges of opinions we made in this forum.

Sorry, I will not take your advice to ask the school directly. I also cannot find the announcement from the school website.

Please don't be too sensitive and take it too personal when you see some questions and suggestions put to the school here.

My enquiry above is of no bad will at all.

You are not the only one who wants to protect the school here. Since 2005/06, 武航 ,KenBaBa, deniset, I and several other Logos parents have been here to protect the images of Logos, but not blindly and with a different attitude.

3#
發表於 13-7-7 17:33 |顯示全部帖子

First of all, congratulations!

但唔明點解,咁多年來,學校有好成績,校方和家長都是隱隱悔悔,不大方說出來。

4#
發表於 13-7-8 00:38 |顯示全部帖子
回復 littlefaith 的帖子

Thanks for the sharing.

Congratulations to all of our students, teachers and parents!

5#
發表於 13-7-9 00:28 |顯示全部帖子
回復 武航 的帖子

Thanks again for the good news!

Have your son decided to study abroad or stay at HK?

BTW, one thing I get confused is why there is 100% bilingual diploma. Maybe my previous understanding of the language requirements is incorrect.

6#
發表於 13-7-10 01:28 |顯示全部帖子
big-boy 發表於 13-7-9 23:34
可喜可賀,亦是對所有質疑真道教育理念的教署高官和其他開辦同類課程的名校的最有力反擊。
我們大部份都是 ...
請不要挑起無謂爭端,正所謂「滿招損,謙受益。」,我認識的真道人精神不是這樣的。請不要像一個「新發財」!

7#
發表於 13-7-10 09:54 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Nozomi 的帖子

Yes, we remember your support and fair and good words. Thanks again!

8#
發表於 13-7-12 22:58 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 BB144 於 13-7-12 23:07 編輯

Just come back from the Parents' Evening.

Logos decided that, starting from the new IBDP Year 1 this September, students can choose either  English B(Higher Level) or English A(Standard Level). This is a good move and remedy the present weakness of the IB curriculum.

School's representative said that they have read the web information.

9#
發表於 13-7-13 03:31 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 BB144 於 13-7-13 04:08 編輯

One more observation from the Parents' Evening last night.

The list of offers (universities + degree programmes) was shown to the parents. To be honest, with the excellent results achieved by our boys and girls this year, the list is not so appealing.

Maybe it is due to the actual choices of the students and parents, or the limitation of the English Language subject itself.

Vice-Principal did ask our IB students (at the previous Parents' Evening held in April this year) to take IELTS as the UK universities may not consider English B to meet their English language proficiency requirement.

10#
發表於 13-7-13 03:46 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 BB144 於 13-7-13 04:11 編輯
武航 發表於 13-7-13 00:02
Those lower forms 師弟 should thank you as you did raise a good argument to the school with signific ...

But some big guy just thinks that I am criticising the school and ask me to get out.

http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2498895&extra=page%3D1
(13#)

In fact, I am getting out (but not due to his cruel remarks above) and last night will be my last attendance to Logos' parents' evenings.

Good-bye and good luck to all Logosians!

11#
發表於 13-7-14 02:30 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 BB144 於 13-7-14 02:37 編輯
武航 發表於 13-7-13 14:08
回復 BB144 的帖子

All the best anyway.

For the offers the MS4 made, they are not the most prestige programs for sure.  However I believe it is not the matter of their competences but their interests.  In fact, 40+ should have high chance for those prestige, aren't they?  I suppose both of us watch the film '3 idiots', we respect and support what our children really like! For my child, he opt. for Econ rather than GBUS (application of GBUS is still pending at the moment)and I am happy with his choice.

Well, it is sure that we need to respect the choices of the students. My point is English B, even with a score of 40+, will limit the choices of the students. None of them want to enter a prestige program and try to make an application??

My comment is 40+ should have a high chance for a prestige program, but with only English B, some universities may made a devaluation. I am not aware of this limitation before until Vice-Principal reminded all the students to take IELTS. After that, I did some investigations and confirm the worry is valid.

12#
發表於 13-7-14 02:33 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 BB144 於 13-7-14 02:42 編輯
武航 發表於 13-7-13 14:14

One more remark for IELTS.  Even the students with ENG A like those from LPC take the IELTS.  It is not strictly because of taking Eng A or B.  FYI, IELTS is needed for GBS CUHK no matter taking Eng A or B.

As a general rule, English A to take IELTS is "additional", while English B to take IELTS is a "must".

I noted GBS(CUHK)’s admission requirement before, but the fact is they did intake some EAS students without IELTS.

By the way, “7.5” in IELTS is not such high actually.

I am afraid I have talked too much, especially people know that I am leaving Logos. I have to end my comments on Logos here.

13#
發表於 13-7-22 11:44 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 BB144 於 13-7-22 11:51 編輯

回復 big-boy 的帖子

對你的惡言指控,感覺「非常之沉重」。原本不值得回應,亦見你在受到「超級版主」警告後在17/7删去留言,但昨天你又貼回留言。另外,我有一名好友多番提醒我,認為不可繼續沉默,因為你的指控是極之不合理及帶有人身攻擊。在此,請問版主:會員在收到警告後先删去挑釁言詞,但數天後,會員又再貼上一篇內容挑釁言詞,是不是算作漠視警告?〕

首先,我不是因為女兒轉校,便開始向真道的課程安排作出批評和建議。在這幾年間,當我覺得校政有不足之處或有改善空間,我都會在家長晚會及Parents’ Forum 作出建議或批評。反之,當發現有家長在BK Forum 向真道作出無理攻擊,我都會和其他家長(KenBaBa, deniset, 武航,等等)聯手捍衞校譽。但大家都是採取「擺事實,講道理」的態度,不會盲目反擊及惡言相向。對所有批評是「有則改之,無則加勉」。我們知道若下下惡言相向,反而損害學校形象,引來更多批評和指責。

所以,當我見到你那句「(20#) 對所有…..和其他開辦同類課程的名校的最有力反擊」,我便立刻叫停,就是不想引起無謂爭端。若有開罪,對你的感受有損,敬請原諒。

至於我引用你之前叫我「get out」的留言,牽引出我真的要離開真道大家庭,本意原是作一個小小的自我幽默。但可惜技術粗疏,可能又一次激怒了你,深表遺憾。

說回我當初為何要向HKU Law Faculty 提問他們對IB English Language B 睇法,是源於彭副校在家長晚會建議IB 同學要報考IELTS(這事件我在另一留言已經講述)。當我知道HKU的要求後,因LAParents’ Forum已經closed,便在BK Forum 留言,通知其他真道家長,目的是讓大家知道有關資訊,大前提都是以真道學生利益出發。至於你懷疑有關e-mails是作假,我的回應是「真的假不了,假的真不了」,有HKU Law Facultye-mail address 和日期不難查証,還我公道,所謂真金不怕洪爐火,你可向HKU 舉報我冒名行騙。

事實上,經我把問題提出來後,最終學校已儘快作出改善。結果是校方、家長和同學都是得益者。請不要把我當作「仇人」或「罪人」來看待。

都是那句:任何政策都有改善空間,應要虛心接受批評和建議,才會進步。

14#
發表於 13-7-22 15:53 |顯示全部帖子
JoJo 發表於 13-7-22 15:24
回復 BB144 的帖子

違規會員發現當日回應對像出錯而更改內容,亦已自行刪除部份人身攻擊內容,版主當日已 ...

立論矛盾。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題