醒目開學勳章 王國長老

42#
發表於 13-7-6 11:19 |只看該作者

回覆:王錦輝/陳守仁會點揀

我自己覺得,揀得果間學校就當然鐘意,用家意見好緊要。但非用家意見一樣重要(吾揀亦總有個理由)。當中幾多真幾多假,樓主再下功夫就係了

43#
發表於 13-7-6 11:33 |只看該作者

回覆:王錦輝/陳守仁會點揀

朋友二個仔女讀wkf(小學),都好enjoy校園生活。英,普環境不錯,都好乖同有禮!

44#
發表於 13-7-6 13:10 |只看該作者
TSL自己去過簡介會,感覺良好。我仔幼稚園同學中,有入TSL,有入WKF,TSL家長讚不絕口,但WKF家長就彈多,主要係課程問題,入10個,已走了5個,這不是聽聞,係用家家長講,我好耐心聽的,因我當年都有offer,不過最後因決定唔想咁遠返學而放棄了,而且而家都有親朋問考學校意見,所以我都間唔中問返D讀緊的家長意見交流下。

點評

22welldone77  唔知你講那一年呢?  我小朋友那班有30人, 年頭開學走咗一個同學, 仲以為可以少D人了, 但可惜不到一星期就有人填補了  發表於 13-7-9 12:01

45#
發表於 13-7-6 13:26 |只看該作者
回復 Charlotte_mom 的帖子

這個當然啦!

46#
發表於 13-7-6 13:27 |只看該作者
回復 ef_01y 的帖子

請問係彈d咩呢?可否pm詳談

47#
發表於 13-7-6 13:30 |只看該作者
回復 bowling68 的帖子

我有入全港小學果面睇,亦想在這邊聽下其他家長嘅意見!

48#
發表於 13-7-6 13:34 |只看該作者

回覆:queeniewingchow 的帖子

ok, 希望九月開學阿囝見到妳的小朋友。

49#
發表於 13-7-6 13:37 |只看該作者
回復 bowling68 的帖子

Thx! ! !  ! !

醒目開學勳章

50#
發表於 13-7-8 16:46 |只看該作者
queeniewingchow 發表於 13-7-6 13:30
回復 bowling68 的帖子

我有入全港小學果面睇,亦想在這邊聽下其他家長嘅意見! ...

我都有成日入去全港小學果度睇, 因為我有朋友及親人又要考小學了.  

51#
發表於 13-7-8 18:36 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Doray 於 13-7-8 18:38 編輯

After considering all the pro and con of this school, I think both sides are talking about their own feelings, thus, no right or wrong comments.  I will take this school because:

a) as a DDS, it is allowed to select the students with its own criteria.  It would probably reduce (but still have) the diverse academic level among students in some extent, as compared to other gov't or subsidy school under the lucky draw allocation.  From day one, I already plan to give up lucky draw.

b) I didn't buy the duck feed education system, though to a parent, the traditional school of course has its own merits.  Especially it would be more easily to "know" the academic level with "marks" so that greater pressure can be exerted to the kids when they are not up to standard.  It can produce the kids who are good at exam.  Nonetheless, the presentation skill, confidence and independence are not well-trained in most of the traditional school.  I prefer that she has more time to read books.  That’s why I didn’t enroll any traditional school (of course due to my daughter’s character).

c) every school has good or bad students.  I have also visited the school and noted 3-4 students running at the street after school while a hundred of them were just behaved well.  When I rode on the KCR, an elder sister, and one brother (both of them were WKF students) got in with their maid but the brother was very naughty and kept moving and moving (quite annoying I must say) while the sister (about P4) was sitting down and reading an english chapter book quietly.  I am afraid I can't infer from this and tell whether this school's students in general are good or bad.  Of course, I will remind my kid that she is representing the school when she's in uniform.  She must be well behaved.

d) Many parent may accuse that the curriculum is too easy such that some parents required to provide supplementary classes for the kids to keep up their standard and start query why they need to pay the school fees but at the same time have to spend money in those extra classes.  For me, it's fine.  Even my friends with kids in DGS, St Paul Co-Ed, TSL, APS, etc, enrolled various supplementary classes just to meet up the "standard" but some are ok but some are so so.  That means, even not in this school, this likes a kind of "fixed" cost for me in order to tackle the "not left behind" myth.  You may not agree but this is what my peers are doing.

In fact, many parents are contradicting (even myself from time to time) and swinging between the "active" and "traditional" one.  It's quite interesting to note some parents may worry about the kids left behind if the school curriculum is just in line with EDB while starting complaining about the school is too "谷" if the school skipped grade 1A or even entire P1 syllabus.  It ultimately drives all teaching approach to become examine-oriented.  Many of my peers who have kids in secondary schools send their kids to overseas, as a vote against the HK education environment nowadays.  

Every parent has the right to praise or blame the school.  During last one year, I’ve collected various “comments” regarding many different schools from EK or from current parents, but at the end of the day, parent is the key support to your own kids and the selection is quite personal as no kid is the same.

In fact, the school’s development report has already pinpointed the weaknesses and threats of this school honestly.  I would like to thank all the parents who share their opinions and I hope I will share what I “feel” later after my kid studying in this school for other parent’s reference.  

52#
發表於 13-7-8 19:16 |只看該作者

回覆:Doray 的帖子

i think most neet to concern about the transition to local universities.

if you plan to further study overseas, that is no problem.

but if wkf secondary school curriculum
is DSS (not IB).  we have to think about the competitiveness of the kid in DSS.

certainly, there is no concrete support of wkf dss result even in the coming 4~5 years as most of them are from ther primary school.   the case is quite similar to pooi kui.

so, each case is different and thw deciaion maker is the parent themselves.

53#
發表於 13-7-8 20:57 |只看該作者
回復 ef_01y 的帖子

我都想知點解有一半人走咗。可否pm我。Thanks!

54#
發表於 13-7-8 20:59 |只看該作者
ssant 發表於 13-7-5 15:00
唔係聽聞,我兒甥在中學讀了一年即走,無論校風成績都唔掂,不過一講WKF好多學校打手,不願詳細評論 ...

55#
發表於 13-7-8 21:08 |只看該作者
回復 ef_01y 的帖子

我是wkf家長,小女升小三,在小一,小二都未發生有這些問題,妳是否被騙?
BC

56#
發表於 13-7-8 21:15 |只看該作者
回復 queeniewingchow 的帖子

Your child will go to P.1 in Sept this year or next year?  When you have registered for TSL while WKF interview will be conducted next week?

57#
發表於 13-7-8 21:22 |只看該作者
回復 kerkermui 的帖子

我夠見過有d 非常出名international school的學生.....係巴士食完晒嘢仲要亂丟濕濕的垃圾係坐位上啦.......我仲教訓咗佢一餐添.....
其實間間學校都有好有唔好的學生.....唔可以針對性話死一間學校好唔好......:;pppp:

點評

kerkermui  只可以話佢地唔好彩,响mtr隔離,經常有機會俾人見到唔夠乖  發表於 13-7-9 10:02
kerkermui  我無針對任何一間學校,只係講我見到嘅嘢!我都唔鍾意國際學校太free無規舉  發表於 13-7-9 10:00

58#
發表於 13-7-8 22:37 |只看該作者
其實,我覺得陳守仁也好王錦輝也好,他們都能培養出好學生,至於那間適合自己子女,樓主會自己決定,王錦輝家長不是不講理,請用同理心想一想,如果有人說一些根本沒有在事實根據的事情攻擊學校,做父母都會出來說話,那又有錯嗎?我知TerryHau有不愉快的經歷,我們同情你,但你也應懂得放開,要明白只有怨恨是不會快樂,你知道嗎?現在的王錦輝,師生關係很好,老師有愛心,會鼓勵同學成為一個有自信的人,而學習方面,我覺得很滿意,一個小小的小二學生,竟能寫一篇差不多二百字的英文故事,使我感覺很意外,而其他科是與其他學校差不多,我真不知為何會比下去。
BC

59#
發表於 13-7-8 23:04 |只看該作者
I think we have put too much emphasis on comparing the potential or the so called competitiveness of the kids in their primary school stage, in which fostering their 自主學習 is far more important as life time learning is 皇道。

60#
發表於 13-7-8 23:12 |只看該作者
TSL is better
"即使你是友善的,人們可能還會說你自私和動機不良,不管怎樣,你還是要友善。即使你是誠實的,人們可能還會欺負你,不管怎樣,你還是要誠實。你今天做的善事,人們明天可能就忘記,不管怎樣,你還是要做善事。” 杜麗莎修女。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題