搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 University Acceptance
樓主: mommom017
go

University Acceptance [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 13-6-28 16:16 |只看該作者
回復 daisychan 的帖子

Congrats!  Please do come back and share what your first hand experience as a parent!
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

102#
發表於 13-6-28 16:58 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 13-6-28 13:22
回復 annie40 的帖子

近年改變了少少收生程序,先考性向測驗HAST(因為沒有會考作參考),然後Challenge Day(裏面都有一對一面試部份),再short list 作最後面試!

Regarding the application for LPCUWC, we have the following excellent sharing by ANChan59 and others here.

http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2266108&fromuid=61185

Thanks again, ANChan59!

點評

annie40  He is genuine helpful!  發表於 13-6-28 17:44

103#
發表於 13-6-28 17:26 |只看該作者
回復 daisychan 的帖子

妳唔提起,都不知道沉咗去邊。
剛剛翻看,再次感謝LPC的遴選過程,讓他申請大學時,更加明白自己的優劣勢,及忠於自己的信念。
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

104#
發表於 13-6-28 18:15 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 hhy2007 於 13-6-28 18:17 編輯

回復 HKTHK 的帖子

Well,of course RCHK is not comparable to LPCUWC in many aspects.  The reason why I mentioned RCHK is that I happen to know of some scholars from RCHK, who tell me something about how they are inspired and encouraged by their teachers to challenge themselves in pursing their dreams while sustaining good academic performance.  

I heard some other international schools in HK have scholarship programs, but I have not encountered any scholars from those schools. So I cannot refer to them.  

LPCUWC is definitely a world class IB school.  However, as it only offers the two-year IBDP, other schools, no matter they are IB schools or not, play a significant role in shaping their students' characters, and cultivating positive values and attitudes toward life in early stage.        

105#
發表於 13-6-28 18:22 |只看該作者
回復 hhy2007 的帖子

LPCUWCis definitely a world class IB school.  However, as it only offers the two-year IBDP, other schools, no matter they are IB schools or not, play a significant role in shaping their students' characters, and cultivating positive values and attitudes toward life in early stage.              

Agree totally.

In two years time, students work so hard and I can't see lots of time to nurture value and character building. Majority attributes are either cultivated at home or most are from the primary and secondary schools.

106#
發表於 13-6-30 23:54 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 daisychan 於 13-7-1 00:46 編輯
ANChan59 發表於 13-6-28 18:22
回復 hhy2007 的帖子

In two years time, students work so hard and I can't see lots of time to nurture value and character building. Majority attributes are either cultivated at home or most are from the primary and secondary schools

Sorry, ANChan, I cannot agree with you this time.

正如我在樓上(99#)所講:LPC 每星期用三個平日下午、四個平日晚上、週末和週日進行 Quan Cai (全才)activities,共 82 項目可以讓學生參加。敢講比起全甚至世界各地絕大部份 IB schools CAS programme 豐富得多。充份發揮 IB Programme 中對CAS 的設計和要求,大力培養學生在學術以外的全人發展。相對一些行 IB Programme 的學校,可能誤將 CAS 當作另一個學科,交夠時數和project 便算,主打 Group 1 to 6 IB scores,然後祇以 IB scores來評審學校和學生的能力,這便來得太片面。但更能符合一些家長的要求!?

LPCUWC的學生在這兩年裏肯定是 work very hard, not only study, but also to nurture value and character  building as IBO expects. UWC 在世界各地選收學生時亦以此為標準,看看他們在網上申請表上所設計的問題便知。

其實本好多 IB school 都衹是開辦兩年 IBDP課程,加埋 pre-IB 都祇得三年。但根據 IBO 的要求,他們都承諾可提供全人教育給所有學生。年期上和LPCUWC 沒有多大分別。若認為兩年精心設計的課程都不能幫助培養學生的全人教育,那便未能認同 IBO的理念了。那麼家長選擇 IB school 給子女是為了甚麼?是不是只作為子女入 U 的另一捷徑?若只為這樣,便無需選擇報讀 LPCUWC 了,其他 IS, SPCC, DBS, .......可能更好。

對不起,今次主題是 University Acceptance」,我可能離題了。

107#
發表於 13-7-1 00:19 |只看該作者
回復 daisychan 的帖子

As a father, I always consider value system is the most difficult part to transfer or transform my kid. It takes years and struggles, then I can see some results. Definitely not 2 years and at the age 16-18 can transform them totally. That's the context of original discussion and not the CAS programs itself.
I know CAS is originated from UWC years back, IBO just adopted that as core program for all IBDP students. I have no question about that.

Share your daughter's experience with me two years later.

108#
發表於 13-7-1 00:35 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 daisychan 於 13-7-1 00:39 編輯

回復 ANChan59 的帖子

I am more than happy to share with you as you are always so helpful.

BTW, how do you feel about the DBS's IBDP? Will you find it academic-orientated? Any enhancements to your son's value nuturing and character building?

109#
發表於 13-7-1 00:48 |只看該作者
回復 daisychan 的帖子

For value nurturing and character building, I won't purely rely on the school, I take up the responsibility myself, school and church cell group play a more supporting role.

Check your PM.

110#
發表於 13-8-15 16:46 |只看該作者
Definitely not 2 years and at the age 16-18 can transform them totally. That's the context of original discussion and not the CAS programs itself.
见闻是读得之人,去那儿读书也不会差别多少!

LPC 的CAS是驰名中外, 可以得此经历是万幸, 每个人得道的经过总有不同, 多少得着, 多少转变, 可以极大, 亦可极少!  但没有非一般的尝试, 就很难明白那点非一般的感受!  

听过不少LPC家长, (其中有些孩子是超级状元, 有些又似乎普通点儿), 未听过他们感激LPC把孩子送往那间ivy leauge, 反而开口埋口的多谢他们的CAS.  那些CAS 有几甘出色, 怕者无使追问落去挂!

我比较懒, 又唔多识野, 理想是为女儿找对门路, 交比好心人教会好着数D  

‹ 上一主題|下一主題