搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 沙田國際學校 International School in Shatin
發新帖
查看: 4187|回覆: 13
go

沙田國際學校 International School in Shatin [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-6-4 08:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi, JMs, well you may think it may be a bit early but I really wanna to check it out earlier such that I can have more time to do research and observation before my 3m old baby girl is ready for school.
I live in Shatin and indeed yet to decide whether to place her in international school stream or traditional one.  My initial thinking is to see how her character is.  But the HK education system really scares, esp when all my fds telling me they have to take leave now just becoz they have to sort of accompany their sons/daughter to study.  And even all throughout the year, I have been receiving messages that they have to help their sons/daughters to enrol so many courses just for the certificates that they may show to the primary or secondary schools.  OMG!  I don't want my girl under such unnecessary stress and having no time to play at all.  What I believe the best education for babies and kids is playing.  Anyway, that's the reason why I wanna to start off international stream first and whether to receive tertiary education in HK or overseas, it will be upto her.  
So back to my core question.  I learn from fds that Boxhill in Fo Tan is an international kindergarten (with playgroup and nursery classes) as well.  Any JMs having any advice about this school?  And the next step.  In Shatin, which international school is good, in particular conduct?  I tend to find one also teaching Chinese and PTH.  There's an ESF in Fo Tan too but someone says its Chinese so and so.  Any JMs having idea about the international school (primary cum secondary) in Shek Mun?
Many many thanks.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-6-4 09:50 |只看該作者
Some of the major international primary schools in Shatin are - ICS, RC (ESF), Shatin Jr (ESF) and Anifeld. You should check out all the old discussion threads here.

3#
發表於 13-6-4 10:03 |只看該作者
回復 saikungmom 的帖子

Is it possible to search by "word" to pick those related?  sorry dunno much how to trim down the population.

4#
發表於 13-6-4 12:06 |只看該作者
My boy is stiudying Boxhill previously. I love this school so much. My boy also love it so much. They have PTH & Cantonese lessons each week. However, if you plan your kid studying international school, I recommend you go to the KG which have their own primary school such as ESF, ICS etc. Most of Boxhill student is going to local primary finally. Since I have already planned my boy studying international school, I have changed to other international KG from the 2nd term of K1.

5#
發表於 13-6-4 19:47 |只看該作者
If you do not mind Tai Po area, you may consider Norwegian International School as well (Kindergarten+Primary). For international kindergarten without a primary school, you may also consider David Exodus in Tai Wai. Since you child is young, you have ample time to visit all these schools to decide which one you like. I do not think you should worry about the Chinese teaching in the international schools, no matter how relatively good among IS, they will be way behind local standard. Instead, you should send your child to Chinese class outside of school and keep reading Chinese to him/her everyday.

If Chinese learning at school is your top priority, then maybe you should consider some good Direct Subsidy Schools or private schools which teaches both languages well and with less homework load than traditional schools.

Visit this private through-train school but it is hard to get in too. If you like this one, it is better to put your child to St. Catherine kindergarten or similar main stream kindergarten.
http://www.cky.edu.hk/

Good luck with your search!

6#
發表於 13-6-4 21:24 |只看該作者

回覆:vinvillalee 的帖子

Tks vinvillalee mama.
Boxhill is in my mind coz my fd daughter studies there and vying gdp comment.
For esf and ics in shatin, they hv kindergarten?

7#
發表於 13-6-4 22:54 |只看該作者

引用:My+boy+is+stiudying+Boxhill+previously.+

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

8#
發表於 13-6-5 01:17 |只看該作者

回覆:cskm71 的帖子

ESF has a few kindergartens but I'm not sure if there's any in Shatin. As for ICS the kindergarten is in Ma On Shan but the primary and secondary is at Shek Mun. RCHK, the PIS of ESF is in Heng On with primary and secondary

9#
發表於 13-6-5 07:42 |只看該作者

回覆:lsm0113 的帖子

My fd says esf in mos near
听涛 not good

10#
發表於 13-6-5 23:06 |只看該作者
你要有心理準備Shatin junior 在教學方面, 會落後本地學校

你需要接受到

當別人的仔女在功能時, 你女兒在與同學玩沙

沒有太多的學習, 因為有父母會突然後悔

把仔女突然轉離國際學校

如果讀, 就讀Shatin Junior

good but not good enough

11#
發表於 13-6-6 09:21 |只看該作者
係亜、仲要上到中学先致会学下GRAMMAR.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

12#
發表於 13-6-6 13:37 |只看該作者
回復 HIHinsurance 的帖子

學校教的是CORE SKILLS, 小朋友要自己透過書本, 上網, 和老師同學討論來得到知識。如小朋友好奇心不重, 不喜歡主動學習, 可能並不合適入讀國際學校。

13#
發表於 13-6-8 07:34 |只看該作者
回覆cskm71
"My fd says esf in mos near 听涛 not good"

Are you saying that RC is not good?  Can you elaborate more why you have this comment?

14#
發表於 13-6-8 11:34 |只看該作者

引用:回復+HIHinsurance+的帖子 學校教的是CORE

原帖由 tcbobo 於 13-06-06 發表
回復 HIHinsurance 的帖子

學校教的是CORE SKILLS, 小朋友要自己透過書本, 上網, 和老師同學討論來得到知 ...
要先了解什広是 IB 先考吧!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題