用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 請問用IB成績入香港的大學,係咪有conditional offer? ...
發新帖
查看: 8396|回覆: 11
go

請問用IB成績入香港的大學,係咪有conditional offer? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-4-8 18:43 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
如題

3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-4-8 19:34 |只看該作者
Both conditional and unconditional offers are made, depending on subjects.

3#
發表於 13-4-8 20:12 |只看該作者

回覆:請問用IB成績入香港的大學,係咪有conditional offer?

請教什麼是unconditional offers?
Conditional / Unconditional offers是用什麼準則釐定?是否每個考IB的學生也有?

4#
發表於 13-4-9 00:51 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 penguin_chick 於 13-4-9 00:53 編輯

unconditional offer 即是收硬!
conditional offer 就人人都有︰
例如港大醫科的condition是IB 45分有考化學生物及面試及格。
或DSE 7個5星星包括4主科和化學生物和面試及格。
當然這不是最低conditions.

所以conditional offer 是沒有意思的!

5#
發表於 13-4-9 14:25 |只看該作者
唔知今年學校第一年IB有沒有大學嘅offer?

6#
發表於 13-4-21 23:46 |只看該作者
Unconditional offer also called firmed offer, it means the university and the faculty will accept your kid's application based on his/her public exam results (SAT, IGCSE, GCE AL....), either with or without interview, PG just as reference. For another extreme, some students may receive firm offers just based on IB PG without any public exam results, because the PG is much higher than the normal admission grades. An example is HKU Sociology last year, a girl with PG 39/42 and she got the firm offer, finally she went to UC Berkeley, but her final IB result is 43/45.

Conditional offers are more for HK and UK systems, most of them have a cut off PG for interviews, after interviews, the faculty may offer conditional offers or even no offers or rejection. If offer is granted, so if the student IBDP result hit the condition(s), then the university must accept him.

Just use HKU MBBS as an example, the min requirement for interview should be 41/42. Based on the IB PG, other exam results, interview performance, personal statement and ECA achievements, students may be divided into three groups , the best group may have conditional offers, typical one is 43/45. For the middle group won't have conditional offers or rejection, it's the big group and their destinies are based on their final IB results. The last group is out of the admission process of MBBS and may forward to second or third choices.

Conditions are the targets for kids to achieve in IBDP exam, with more high conditional offers, the students have better motivation to achieve better grades.

If the school has more students got the firm offers before IBDP exam, students have less motivation to achieve better grades in IBDP exam.

點評

MCLIAN  Sorry, what does PG stand for? Thanks.  發表於 13-4-23 10:46
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

7#
發表於 13-4-22 15:26 |只看該作者

回覆:請問用IB成績入香港的大學,係咪有conditional offer?

What is the meaning of "G"?
How many faculty can the kid enroll for the conditional offer in the same year?

8#
發表於 13-4-23 11:25 |只看該作者
Predicted grades (PG) - The IB teachers and the IB Coordinator based on your kids' in class performance, internal assessments and other considerations to predict their potential grades on individual subjects and the bonus point in IBDP exam. Something like 36/42 based on 6 subjects and the bonus can be 2/3, so the predicted grade something like 38/45.

As some IB students didn't take any public exam before that, so the university assesses their academic achievements only based on PG and then personal statement, CAS, ECA, interview etc.

9#
發表於 13-4-23 12:17 |只看該作者

回覆:ANChan59 的帖子

oic. Thanks. Is PG routinely given by all schools which run IBDP or it depends? And normally at which time point does the school tell the student his/her PG?

10#
發表於 13-4-23 21:12 |只看該作者
回復 MCLIAN 的帖子

It's a routine for IB schools.
Normally, schools provide PG around Sept and Oct of second year, based on the internal assessment, course work and overall performance in class, so that students can apply Oxbridge through UCAS and the Fast Track Admission for Big 3 in HK. Some schools' mock exam will be around Nov and if the exam  results better than the first year PG, the school may submit the most updated PG to the applied universities.

In March, IB schools will submit the PG to IBO and which will be used to benchmark with the final grades of students. So we may know the school either overstate or understate the PG vs final grades, some ESF schools announced the variance with their final IBDP results every year.

點評

MCLIAN  Thanks for the explanation!  發表於 13-4-24 10:31

11#
發表於 13-4-24 16:29 |只看該作者
咁一個IB學生係咪因應佢自己校內的PG去申請符合那個PG要求的學系 ? 等那些學系透過成績, 面試, PERSONAL STATEMENT等去決定比咩Conditional offer (或無) 個學生?
若PG分數高, 係咪可以同一時間申請多個唔同院校的學系, 再睇下有冇Conditional Offer? 若考IB分數符合conditional offer要求, 個學系就一定要收
是否只有三間big 3大學有conditional offer? 咁其他香港的大學會唔會有conditional offer? 如果無, 係咪到時考完IB成績好似jupas咁, thruough non-jupas排分數入?
唔好意思..........好多問題.............

12#
發表於 13-4-24 17:43 |只看該作者
你被誤導了,有好PG及其他條件,不等於有CO,所以我大費週張就是想澄清不是係人都有。

就算同時申請三大,最多每間hold 一個CO或UCO,所以不會超過三個。

近年因為沒有會考作參考,大學會猶豫放CO,因為PG始終是PG,不論是lBDP或者DSE。再者,大部份學額分配給高PG學生,但不保證他們的實際成績,特別是無跡可尋的新校。有些學生可能遲發力,到公開試才見真章,所以不會出太多UC及UCO,特別是熱門科目。

例如某校有10個申請MBBS,所有PG 43+, 最後只有1個有CO,43/45, 他的PG是45。其他落入第2類,只有等成績!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題