搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Int'l Montessori vs. CAIS
發新帖
查看: 2365|回覆: 7
go

Int'l Montessori vs. CAIS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-3-28 11:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Int'l Montessori vs. CAIS, which one you choose?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-3-28 12:33 |只看該作者
I would choose CAIS.

3#
發表於 13-3-28 14:28 |只看該作者
CAIS too.

4#
發表於 13-3-28 16:17 |只看該作者
will choose CAIS too

5#
發表於 13-3-28 17:37 |只看該作者
Is that means Montessori is not as good as CAIS?

6#
發表於 13-3-28 18:33 |只看該作者
They are all 個人意見. They are 2 different schools, offering different things. There is no ranking in school per se.

if you are making decision between the two, you have to go and visit the schools and understand. Don't make decision based on other opinions because every family and situation, preference is different.

Both schools offer school tour so you should make a trip to understand which fit your value better.

7#
發表於 13-3-28 18:57 |只看該作者
I think it depends on what sort of a learner your child is, and the type of education you believe to be most suitable for his/her learning style.

Some children thrive under the Montessori system while it doesn't  work so well for others. It also depends if you like mixed aged classrooms (Montessori splits primary kids into lower and upper classes so kids as far as 3-4 yrs apart share the same classroom. IMS also only has primary school so you will need to compete for a secondary school place at other schools when the time comes.

Having said that, IMS is highly spoken of, and the parents seem very happy with the school. The student body is also very ethnically diverse with a strong Caucasian presence and playground language is predominantly English.

However if you prefer a more traditional educational approach and a more structured learning environment plus a secondary school through-train, then perhaps CAIS may be a better choice.

Btw, I am not a CAIS nor IMS parent but I'm just sharing what I've heard from others. Pls correct me if I made any wrong assumptions.

8#
發表於 13-3-29 00:06 |只看該作者
IMS has very strong Mandarin Chinese, CAIS's Chinese is more of a normal IS' standard, another consideration.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題