3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-3-24 10:56 |只看該作者

回覆:蘇浙 v. victoria

你打算 aim local 定 international 小學?

3#
發表於 13-3-24 11:19 |只看該作者
回復 bluigugub 的帖子

I was planning to send my son to both schools if he got both offers!  but he only got victoria!!!
My plan was to send him to Victoria for AM class & 蘇浙 for PM class!!!  but now he didn't get 蘇浙 offer...so no choice for us!!!

I think both English & Mandarin are very important...go to Victoria for English and 蘇浙 for Mandarin!!!

4#
發表於 13-3-24 11:27 |只看該作者
回復 Edsie 的帖子

I agree, but  蘇浙 doesn't guarantee for k1 seat, very risky!

5#
發表於 13-3-24 11:34 |只看該作者

引用:回復+bluigugub+的帖子 I+was+planning+to

原帖由 Edsie 於 13-03-24 發表
回復 bluigugub 的帖子

I was planning to send my son to both schools if he got both offers!  but he  ...
Rest is the important factor for brain development. Think twice before you are enrolling two KG at one time.

點評

jshho1018  Agree !!!  發表於 13-3-26 10:35
fionapangcp  Agree!  發表於 13-3-26 10:24

6#
發表於 13-3-24 11:54 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+Edsie+於+13-03-24+發表回復+

原帖由 lui 於 13-03-24 發表
Rest is the important factor for brain development. Think twice before you are enrolling two KG at o ...
Agree!

7#
發表於 13-3-24 12:13 |只看該作者
Edsie 發表於 13-3-24 11:19
回復 bluigugub 的帖子

I was planning to send my son to both schools if he got both offers!  but he  ...

我同你想法一樣, 不過擔心午睡時間和功課量, 請問幾大開始唔洗午睡, 我知因人而異, 但多數幾大開始唔洗午睡呢?

8#
發表於 13-3-24 12:17 |只看該作者

回覆:kittyland06 的帖子

i plan to send him to local school.   but 蘇浙小學 may not be my dream school at the moment .....

9#
發表於 13-3-24 12:18 |只看該作者

回覆:kwokbobo 的帖子

i think 2 yrs old is far too young to skip afternoon nap ....

10#
發表於 13-3-24 12:50 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+Edsie+於+13-03-24+發表回復+

原帖由 lui 於 13-03-24 發表
Rest is the important factor for brain development. Think twice before you are enrolling two KG at o ...
極度同意,2歲人仔返2間學校

點評

DreyDrey  Agree!! Too harsh!  發表於 13-3-26 16:09

11#
發表於 13-3-24 13:39 |只看該作者

i am a bit worried that 蘇浙 is strict for 2 yrs old,  and the promotion to K1. anyone knows that?  

thsnks!

12#
發表於 13-3-24 14:14 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+lui+於+13-03-24+發表Rest+is

原帖由 jessiechen 於 13-03-24 發表
極度同意,2歲人仔返2間學校
又一揠苗助長例子。真係冇需要咁早,這些小朋友以後唔會喜歡學習,又或有情緒病,何必呢?太多失敗的例子,但父母仍一相情願。考小一叻的學生唔洗咁,各位父母,請你多看育兒書籍,提高自身的心理質素,這對教育你的小孩有莫大脾益

點評

clau1208  very true... we cannot see the dark side of the "monster-parent" effect yet...  發表於 13-6-10 15:30
jshho1018  Very agree !!!!  發表於 13-3-26 10:36

13#
發表於 13-3-24 15:11 |只看該作者

回覆:lui 的帖子

Can't agree more

14#
發表於 13-3-24 17:29 |只看該作者

我比較偏向 happy school, 所以 Victoria 會啱啲。

15#
發表於 13-3-26 09:40 |只看該作者
any more thoughts to share on the two schools?  thanks~

16#
發表於 13-3-26 10:03 |只看該作者

回覆:bluigugub 的帖子

我同你一樣冇蘇浙 offer 所以唔洗揀,但係我打算比佢小學讀 local school 好似蘇浙條路好啲(不過都唔係直升小學),不過我又鐘意 Victoria 對2歲幼童照顧得完善啲,始終多啲 resources 校舍都乾淨啲。不過 k1 我會再同佢報蘇浙,有 offer 先決定轉唔轉。

17#
發表於 13-3-26 10:38 |只看該作者
回復 kittyland06 的帖子

Thanks for your comments.

I agree the Victoria environment / hygiene level is excellent, and its overall curriculum and teaching method is also very suitable for kids of young age, not to mention its outstanding language environments.  These are the areas that I like Vic very much.  However, it would seem that the Mandarin / Chinese level of KCS is very high, and it may also be stricter on discipline which may help when the kids later enter primary stage (whereas many think Vic tends to be more relaxed and students are given lots of freedom (which frankly is good for young kids, but not sure if they can get used to the "strictness" when they go to P1)  but of course, the problem is KCS is that there is no guarantee for promotion to K1 ...  my struggle mainly come from the above differences.  

Actually the "back-up primary school" thing is not my major concern at this stage, cus I just want to find a right kinder for my boy for the coming 4 years ... KCS Primary school is not exactly my dream school at the moment, so I won't really take this factor into account much at this stage ....

grateful for any other thoughts ~~~  hope everyone can find the right school for their kid.

18#
發表於 13-3-26 11:15 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 chansiub 於 13-3-26 11:18 編輯

回復 bluigugub 的帖子

Vic has a very interesting program called Parental Participation Scheme.  I am not sure if it is offered across all the Vic kindergartens.  This is a program that will give you a good opporutnity to sample what your child's school life is like as you (the only parent) will be participating in the class (the whole class time).  You will be asked to observe how the class is conducted and assit in the classroom (e.g. helping kids to do the class activities, serving snacks, and storytelling, etc.).  I did this program last week in my K1 son's class.

I have the same concern on discipline before.  It's really out of my expectation that the kids are really obedient, even the kids are free to organize their class time and free time.  Kids will be asked whether they want to do PTH class, Cantonese class or English class first.  Of course the teacher will decide if the kids haven't made up their mind.  If there are something wrong (e.g. not tidying up things, aruging, or anything improper), the teacher will tell the kids how they should do immediately with a strict but proper tone.   Hence, I am not to worry about discipline now.  The kids know the order and they even know how to serve themselves during snack time (it's like buffet).  

The teachers emphasize on kid's discipline rather than on academic in the parent teacher conference.  So Vic doesn't overlook discipline while offering freedom!

As to Chinese, I also think that Vic is weaker as they allocate some of the resources to English.  However, it's not difficult to beef up kid's Chinese by parents.  Vic provides a lot of Chiense story books (at least 3 books a week) for you to read to the kids.  I couple this with 基礎漢字500.  My K1 son can read simple books by himself.  Probably, when he is in K2 and can manage writing skill, I will teach him how to write Chinese words.  I have been doing 基礎漢字500 since he was 2 years old and have just finished it.  For writing, I'll use the same way (step by step).   I think it's a effective way of teaching Chinese with Vic's resources on providing Chinese books.  I am a working mom and I just spend 30 min. on this everyday.

For English, I don't think you have to worry too much.  Excellent phonics class!  PTH is good too and my son speaks quite well even I don't speak to him.  I just let him watch PTH cartoon.

The biggest problem that I can forsee would be the cultural shock when Vic's kids going to local school.  Vic's approach is very creative.  They don't do drilling.  Kids are free to plan their own time and express their own feeling.  Aii, but a lot of local schools are deterring these.  How "devastating" this problem on a kid will depend very much on how your kid can cope with changes....   

19#
發表於 13-3-26 17:27 |只看該作者

回覆:chansiub 的帖子

Thank you for your detailed sharings !

20#
發表於 13-3-27 10:15 |只看該作者
回復 chansiub 的帖子

thanks so much for your kind sharing.  they are so helpful!  although i am now tied up with something, i just feel the urge of thanking you first for your detailed analysis before i come back later to write further.

thanks again!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題