搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Ashford & Cheltenham school
發新帖
查看: 1886|回覆: 9
go

Ashford & Cheltenham school [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-2-21 05:33 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
問題天天都多!!!! 好麻煩呀!!! UK 的 Ashford & Cheltenham school 已收了我仔, deadline 係28/2 要交 $120000 despoit.  但我還未決定今年去UK讀year 10 好or 留係香港讀DSE or 係UK 讀Six form 好?! 大家give some advise or comment for me

Ashford or Cheltenham School, which one is better?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-2-21 19:06 |只看該作者
I think acadaically these two schools are on the same level. Personally I prefer Cheltenham College as it has a much higher % of boarders.

3#
發表於 13-2-22 01:04 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

4#
發表於 13-2-22 04:46 |只看該作者
聽人講Ashford 中國多,campus 唔大但排名高 , Cheltenham  campus 大D,boarder多中國唔多 house 多d, 但排名1XX,
大家其實點解要比小朋友去英國讀書?  

5#
發表於 13-2-22 12:10 |只看該作者
Living in Cheltenham is a bit expensive, but it is beautiful, peaceful and safe. People there are mostly middle to upper class. To be honest, they should not be very friendly. However, they are not hostile to Chinese ! I think it is OK .

6#
發表於 13-2-23 22:05 |只看該作者
Choisumwong,

Can u pls sharing more the information of Cheltenham College???

7#
發表於 13-2-24 11:03 |只看該作者
I would like to share information I get although not too much. My daughter is now in another boarding school in Cheltenham. I accompanied her to start school last year. In Cheltenham, I came across parents whose son also started shool in Cheltenham School. The school is quite big and beatiful. The parents were not used to the admission dormitory arrangement and had a few grumbles. The teachers seemed nice and responsive. Students in group like to enjoy weekend in Cheltenham downtown area.

Academically, Cheltenham School is not strong according to ranking. But it probably gives potential students a safe and English environment to grow. As a general trend, there is increasing Asian/Chinese students in Cheltenham School.

For my experience, the most important factor to go abroad is your children's mind set and ambition. For example, my daughter asked me to let her go abroad. She really had her goal. She won academic scholarship to be admiited to her school. On the contrary, my son has no goal at this moment. I would not force him to follow his sister. I wil wait until he asks me.

School hardwares (dormitory and facilities are similar for most boarding schools. However, softwares (principals,teachers and students) are more important. If you are going to compare, you should meet principal, teachers and students in person. By talking with principal, teachers and students, you will have some idea about 'education atmosphere' in school. My experience of talking to my daughter's principal and listening to her speech in morning meeting really impressed me that what passion in education means. It is not about studying, but about passion in life and motivation !

8#
發表於 13-3-4 23:12 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 dorzidor 於 13-3-5 22:09 編輯

do you want to know a personal experience?

I used to study in Ashford School. It was a girls' school, Now they have changed to a boarding school. The school is quite nice and the teachers are alright. There are support in English and quite a lot of different subjects to choose from.

Ashford is a small town, with an outlet nearby. It is the last station in UK for EuroStar. It takes about 1.5 hours to travel to London. I really like the area personally.

Cheltenham, I have friends from there, on the other hand, girls and boys are more playful and lesser choice of subjects in A level.

I think the facilities are similar, don't expect too much as they are 2-3 lines boarding school.

9#
發表於 13-3-5 12:41 |只看該作者
Cheltenham is in Gluocestershire & is much further away from London. Travel time will be 2-3 hours.

10#
發表於 13-3-6 08:23 |只看該作者

回覆:elainebell 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
‹ 上一主題|下一主題