教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF vs AISHK
發新帖
查看: 11200|回覆: 15
go

ESF vs AISHK [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-2-20 13:02 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
本帖最後由 aidan08 於 13-2-20 13:29 編輯

My son has just got ESF Grade1 and AISHK Reception offers. How do you compare these two schools? If the location and school fee are not the concern.

I like AISHK smaller class approach, and for my son's age, he will be still in reception this year, preparatory next year and starts his primary school life when he is 6 years old. While ESF is much more earlier for him to start in primary, when my son attends their Grade 1 class, he is still 4 years old, which I think it is a bit too early for a child.

In terms of Chinese learning, any parents from these schools can tell me more? I know both schools are not strong in Chinese programme, but I still want to know if one of them is comparativly better.

1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-2-21 12:56 |只看該作者
any parents from AISHK can tell? since I need to confirm the placement today! I really hope I will not make a wrong decision for my son!

3#
發表於 13-2-21 13:22 |只看該作者

回覆:aidan08 的帖子

australian IS do u mean? if u choose to let your kids get to oz university then AIS is good for him to get familiar with oz life as most of the kids there got oz passport.
if you want you kid to study in HK and UK, ESF would be a better choice.
it is only my personal judgement and I am a fan of Edge. haha

4#
發表於 13-2-21 13:47 |只看該作者

回覆:Shrimpiggy 的帖子

a fan of ESF....

5#
發表於 13-2-21 13:51 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 aidan08 於 13-2-21 14:07 編輯

thx shrimpiggy!

yes, my son is holding an Aussie passport, and we have plan to send him to Australia for further study when he is 14-18 years old, but on the other hand, if he can get a place in a good university of UK or US, we don't mind to let him go for it.  But what I think is even we choose ESF, I don't see any porblem for him to go to Australia for further study.

We are living in the HK side, I do think may be it's more convenient for him to go to shcool everyday if we pick ESF, even the school bus company of AISHK just answered me it takes only 20-25 mins to go to sch, but when I think about I may need to attend some events or being a volunteer of some activities at school, I hope it's in HK side. I know it shouldn't be a main concern, but when I asked my friend about the comments of the 2 schools, they all gave positive comments to both of them, that made me more difficult to make up my mind!

Anyway, there is a small problem in my case, since when I applied to ESF, I was living at my old place, although I was planning to move, but I didn't have any idea where I will move to, so I just filled in my old place's address. But finally I have moved to another area when I recevied the interview letter, and I couldn't make any change as told by the school. So I found that there is no school bus going to the area where I live now.....I hope the PTA can arrange for me but seems it's quite difficult, low chance.

Any parents from ESF have the experience of transferring their children from 1 esf shcool to another?

6#
發表於 13-2-21 14:12 |只看該作者

If I were you, I will choose a school closer to home. Or plan to move somewhere in Kowloon Tong nearby AISHK.

7#
發表於 13-2-21 14:34 |只看該作者
回復 Shrimpiggy 的帖子

I am not going to move to Kowloon side since I just bought this flat and renovated it for living here for long term. Anyway, most probably I will choose ESF, although I am acutally a bit sad to give up AISHK as I have waited for their offer for long, and the school is really nice as most parents there satisfied with the school.

Btw, ESF is good as it is very well established, and my son will go to the Peak school, it's cozy, small like a family, and there is a lovely playground and meadow! I will see if I can transfer him to Bradbury after studing here for 1 year, since it's much more close to my new place, if my son is doing good in the Peak school, build up good frendships with his peers, I will just let him stay and will not request for the transference.

8#
發表於 13-2-21 14:56 |只看該作者
Shrimpiggy 發表於 13-2-21 14:12
If I were you, I will choose a school closer to home. Or plan to move somewhere in Kowloon Tong near ...

Shrimpiggy, is your child studying in ESF? what do you think about their Chinese programme now? I heard it's improved a lot. Although I know I shouldn't expect too much on Chinese learning of ESF, but still want to know how the parents think about their recent Chinese programme. Thx!

9#
發表於 13-2-21 16:40 |只看該作者

I can't give you a fair comment as my oldest has just admitted to Y1 for the coming Aug academic year.
I pick ESF is because of their IB, GCSE, and university placement results. Also the Alumni network is stronger as they have over 1500 graduates every year for the last several decades.

10#
發表於 13-2-22 11:15 |只看該作者
I just gave up AISHK offer.....it's really a tough decision for me!.......

11#
發表於 13-2-22 11:20 |只看該作者

We have also given up RCHK this week. So we understood.

點評

aidan08  Hope we both made a right decision!  發表於 13-2-22 12:47

12#
發表於 13-2-22 11:54 |只看該作者
aidan08, please see PM, thanks.

13#
發表於 13-2-22 18:50 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 13-2-23 03:14 |只看該作者
回復 myjasmine 的帖子

hi myjasmine,
I am also considering both schools (although my boy is much younger and the situation is different). Can you PM me as well? Many thanks!!

15#
發表於 13-2-23 09:43 |只看該作者

回覆:myjasmine 的帖子

Can you pm me? Thanks.

16#
發表於 13-2-23 09:45 |只看該作者

回覆:ESF vs AISHK

myjasmine, can you pm me please?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題