教育王國 討論區 國際學校 CAIS vs RCHK
發新帖
查看: 6086|回覆: 13
go

CAIS vs RCHK [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-2-18 16:36 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear All Mom and Dad,

My little child is not ESF Kinder student and got an offer of Year 1 from RCHK.  We are still awaiting the result of another IS (i.e. CAIS).

It puzzles me how to choose the suitable school for her if these two IS have offers.  For those who have children now studying in RCHK and CAIS, would you mind offering some comments on the schools for reference.  

Many many thanks!

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-2-18 18:01 |只看該作者
We just got the CAIS letter today.  My little one got the offer.  The letters are out already.

3#
發表於 13-2-18 18:24 |只看該作者
回復 ramen 的帖子

Ramen,

Thank you! I will check my post box.  Will you accept the offer?  

4#
發表於 13-2-18 20:58 |只看該作者

回覆:KeungLi 的帖子

I think RCHK is more international.

5#
發表於 13-2-19 10:05 |只看該作者

Hi.  My boy is in CAIS and now is 2nd year in grade 2.  It is a christian school. Though I and my hubby are not christian. We like the school very much.  Comparing esf schools, the class size is smaller that teachers can take good care for the kids.  Children are displined and may related to the religious background that they have bible lessons everyday.  

6#
發表於 13-2-19 12:23 |只看該作者
回復 judymama 的帖子

Judymama,

Thanks you for your information.

I don't know if you had faced the problems same as me when your child switched from K2 to P1.

Would you mind telling me more about why you finally chose CAIS rather than other ISs.  

Sorry to trouble you again!

7#
發表於 13-2-19 14:54 |只看該作者
They are very different in terms of curriculum.
RCHK - PYP, MPY, IB
CAIS - Alberta (Canada)

8#
發表於 13-2-19 15:57 |只看該作者
IB programme seems to be the trend.  Besides, RCHK facilities are better and established while it takes a few years for CAIS new campus to finish.   

9#
發表於 13-2-19 16:00 |只看該作者
回復 hay.hay.ma. 的帖子

Dear hay.hay.ma.

Thank you for your information!

I knew they have different curriculums.  But I don't know how the differences will affect her study in University in future.

Can you tell me more about that?

10#
發表於 13-2-19 17:51 |只看該作者

引用:回復+hay.hay.ma.+的帖子 Dear+hay.hay.ma

原帖由 KeungLi 於 13-02-19 發表
回復 hay.hay.ma. 的帖子

Dear hay.hay.ma.
RCHK is an IB through train school (Y1~13). Hence, no need to apply for Y7.  IB DP is well regconized by universities worldwide.

11#
發表於 13-2-20 10:09 |只看該作者

引用:回復+judymama+的帖子 Judymama,Thanks+yo

原帖由 KeungLi 於 13-02-19 發表
回復 judymama 的帖子

Judymama,
We did not apply RCHK considering the location.  CAIS is more convenient for us and there were many good comments from other parents.  also, I was attracted by the new campus at that time.....We gave up offers for another 2 non esf IS as they are not through train schools. We only applied Esf DCHK but not got any offer.
Hope this help!

12#
發表於 13-2-20 10:27 |只看該作者

Alberta curriculum is well established and recognised in many universities worldwide.  You may check their website for more info.

點評

ssant    發表於 13-2-20 10:57

13#
發表於 13-2-20 12:42 |只看該作者
My son studies at RCHK and I write a blog for him. You could visit my blog and understand more about RCHK.

http://blog.yahoo.com/radiomama/articles

點評

Utor  Thanks for your sharing!  I am thinking of transferring my daughter from another IS to RCHK (Y2).  Yet obviously the competition is very keen and there is little chance of getting a place for her. :si   發表於 13-2-20 13:53

14#
發表於 13-2-20 12:56 |只看該作者
回復 KeungLi 的帖子

Hi KeungLi,
Each curriculum has its unique way of grading and assessing students, especially  for university placement. In which curriculum do you think your child will do better? Which curriculum do you think will bring about the best of your child?

If you don't mind, I'll give you more of my opinion here. In terms of choosing schools, what concerns me more are:
1. student turnover rate. ESF schools are more for expats so your child may not have stable or long lasting friendship as he/she grows up.
2. what the children think about their schools, other than the parents' impression.
3. parents' expectations and values . (If my child went to a "good" school but the parents there were not on the same page as me in terms of parenting, expectations and values, I knew that my child was not suitable for that school)
4. Teachers' turnover rate.
5. Class's time-table and schedule. As I know, in PYP, teachers have great freedom and flexibility in organising the structure of the class. You may or may not like it. I don't know about Alberta on this aspect.

I hope you don't mind my blahblahblah...

‹ 上一主題|下一主題