用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Commend on Kimbolton school / St Peter's school Yor ...
樓主: yeung2212
go

Commend on Kimbolton school / St Peter's school York / Loughborough Grammar [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 13-2-25 09:55 |只看該作者
St Peters. Lovely city, lovely school and not too many international students.

22#
發表於 13-2-26 01:53 |只看該作者
CPU1995 發表於 13-2-25 09:41
Owing to financial consideration, Warwick and LSG are my top priorities for my younger son.

If my e ...
How's your plan for elder son? he will use GCE result for Hk universities?

23#
發表於 13-2-26 10:04 |只看該作者

回覆:dsm 的帖子

My elder son wants to come back to HK to study in HK university but I think the chance is very slim.

He is currently studying year 12 in a state boarding school whereas I will not let my younger son applying it.

24#
發表於 13-2-26 17:00 |只看該作者
CPU1995 發表於 13-2-26 10:04
My elder son wants to come back to HK to study in HK university but I think the chance is very slim. ...
Does he mean "any" hk university or "university of hk"? There are chances anyway, our family doctor told me if for faculty of medicine in University of Hk, the % is about 10% from non Jupas and that 10% are almost fromUK schools. For other faculties or universities, the intake ratio of non Jupas is varied, ranging from 0 - 40% depends on the decision of the faculty head. It's interesting to note that my neighbour who is a girl from UK boarding school got a place in Chinese Medicine of CU but her Chinese standard is up to Hk form 1 only.
So the golden rule is just try!

25#
發表於 13-2-26 18:20 |只看該作者
For all my friends I know who were admitted by local universities for medicine, BBA etc, their kids got at least 2A*1A, 4A or even 6A* from GCE A level for the successful entries to local universities through non-JUPAS entry.  That’s why I think the chance is slim for my elder son who wants to study in any universities in HK in order to save the money for his younger brother to study independent school in UK.

Btw, do you know what are the procedures for non-JUPAS application?

26#
發表於 13-2-26 18:23 |只看該作者

回覆:CPU1995 的帖子

What does your son want to study in hk?

27#
發表於 13-2-26 18:30 |只看該作者

引用:What+does+your+son+want+to+study+in+hk? +

原帖由 HKdevil 於 13-02-26 發表
What does your son want to study in hk?
Economics

28#
發表於 13-2-26 21:14 |只看該作者

回覆:CPU1995 的帖子

A boyfrom my girls boarding school got 4 As in A level now studying at hku econ. So not that hard

29#
發表於 13-2-26 22:15 |只看該作者
HKdevil 發表於 13-2-26 21:14
A boyfrom my girls boarding school got 4 As in A level now studying at hku econ. So not that hard

My elder son had not studied Economics before so he probably got Grade C in January's AS Level Economics.  Hope he can excel in the coming May/June AS re-take.

For my friends, one got 2A*A, one 4A, one 5A, one 6A* in GCS A level and came back HK for teritary studies by these brillinat A Level results.  They gave up the offers of London University and Cambridge.

This is the first time I heard getting entry by AS Level results.

30#
發表於 13-2-27 16:15 |只看該作者
dsm ,Cpu1995

Can you email to me, as I need make final decision on 28-2,
I want some advise from you,
Pls give a hand.
My email:[email protected]
Thank you so much

31#
發表於 13-2-27 16:50 |只看該作者

引用:dsm+,Cpu1995Can+you+email+to+me,+as+I+ne

原帖由 小比一隻大 於 13-02-27 發表
dsm ,Cpu1995

Please check pm.  Thx

32#
發表於 13-2-27 18:36 |只看該作者
No PM leave

33#
發表於 13-2-27 22:50 |只看該作者
小比一隻大 發表於 13-2-27 16:15
dsm ,Cpu1995

pm you, pls check

34#
發表於 13-2-28 00:34 |只看該作者
CPU1995 發表於 13-2-26 18:20
For all my friends I know who were admitted by local universities for medicine, BBA etc, their kids  ...

I have alittle son too, really have to save up for the younger one!!!! Would youconsider those in Northern Ireland? There are 2 with quite good A levels butthe fees are cheaper.  I know one in Campbell, the mother told meit's pretty safe in Belfast.

What year youryounger one tends to enter? You know it's tend to be less in lower forms. InLGS,only 2 Chinese in my son's form out of 90 students, the situation issimilar in year 8 - 11 (like max 4 in a form). Most Chinese are in 6th, like20.

AS level is anentry possibility to HK's universities. I know a girl using AS sucessfully gotinto POly Hotel Management (but many years ago). I would say it's difficult topredict the situation for non jupas (no figures, no numbers of place etc...)because it's not the norm. So it is hard to do the bench marking with otherpotential candidates. But the chance is not really slim by the way.

http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2473157&extra=page%3D4

35#
發表於 13-2-28 08:30 |只看該作者

回覆:dsm 的帖子

Though the school fee is cheaper, I will not consider school in northern part of UK such as Wales or Scotland lest my younger learns the non traditional English accent from lower forms. I think it is OK for my elder son to study in northern part for higher form as his accent will not change anyway at age of 17.

For LGS, my elder son has two former classmates studying here and my elder son said that the boarding house is nearly 100% Chinese in senior forms.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

My younger son is studying F. 1 and I suppose he will study in UK in 2014 if he is willing to go abroad. Actually, he is admitted by one good ranking school to jump one form to Grade 9 but I am unwilling to let him go abroad this year.

36#
發表於 13-2-28 13:45 |只看該作者
CPU1995 發表於 13-2-28 08:30
Though the school fee is cheaper, I will not consider school in northern part of UK such as Wales or ...
Scottish accent is acceptable to us and actually one school in Edinburg was our first choice though finally give up due to higher school fees. Welsh is terrible by the way. Not know about Irish.....but have to consider  if the current school fees keep increasing to over our budget.
There are 2 houses in LGS, one house containing boys entering at year 10 or below while they stay until the end of 6th forms.  The other house takes boys for 6th forms only so it will be a 2 years turnover and I'm not sure its Chinese ration.  Since my son only got one Chinese classmate (who is not a boarder) and in his boarding house no Chinese in Y7-8 except my son, so he spends most of his time with local students. In Year 9-11, it's an average of 4 Chinese in a form. By simple calculating, it's about 13 Chinese (incl my son) in the boarding house out of 20.

My neice was in UK boarding school from year6. She told me most of her English skills were earned from junior school (ie below year8). Her comment "can live without one single english word in social lives" until the end of her university. She said all Chinese will naturally get together if they see each other. That's why she recommend us to send the son aboard as early as we can owing to the purpose of learning English. She has graduated from LSE economics and now works in a bank in London. If your thought is to let your son in an english speaking environment, try to let him go earlier. Nevertheless, I believe it depends on the kids' character too. After all,  things are easy if one is outgoing and willing to speak out. So your younger son will go for year 10 in the same school?

37#
發表於 13-2-28 15:52 |只看該作者
Scottish accent varies from different part of the country.
Edinburgh accent is OK & there are good schools there such as Fettes.
Glasgow or Aberdeen accents, on the other hand, can be very difficult to understand!

38#
發表於 13-2-28 18:14 |只看該作者
dsm 發表於 13-2-28 13:45
So your younger son will go for year 10 in the same school?.
My elder son is currently studying in a state school with only 2 students able to speak Chinese. One is my elder son and the other also comes from Hong Kong too.

Even it is a state school without school fee, I will not consider my younger son applying his elder brother's state school though the learning atmosphere is excellent in this school.

I think Year 10 entry is too competitive whereas Year 9 entry is less competitive even for a very top ranking school.  So my younger son will not start from year 10 in UK.

39#
發表於 13-2-28 23:35 |只看該作者
CPU1995 發表於 13-2-28 18:14
My elder son is currently studying in a state school with only 2 students able to speak Chinese. One ...
Agreed Year 9 is a good point so that the kid doesnt have to start off GCSE at once. Should eliminate study pressure and have time to adapt the new life! Which school has taken him ?

Heard that good state school is extremely difficult to get in, my friend in London is buzzling around for schools for her 2 kids, she told me parents usually queue up once confirm pregnant.  And she moved to the area of target school purposely but still couldn't get in.

40#
發表於 13-2-28 23:38 |只看該作者
peter_pan 發表於 13-2-28 15:52
Scottish accent varies from different part of the country.
Edinburgh accent is OK & there are good s ...
Edinburg is a wonderful city  both my son and me love it so much.... Fetts is a goody but the one we intended is Merchiston Castle.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題