教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 my son has asperger
發新帖
查看: 1426|回覆: 15
go

my son has asperger [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-1-19 10:03 |只看該作者

my son has asperger

Any parents have kids with asperger, my son is 5 yrs old and diagnosed with asperger, he got picked on more at school lately(his classmates hit him and teased him) and he is quite upset. They singled him out and did not invite him for their parties.

The teachers are aware of his problem but I think they can't  watch my son all the time. I have enrolled him to different activities to help him but only with little progress. When I think of how tough his life is going to be, I can't sleep very well.  Any advice on how to make his school life more tolerable?

2#
發表於 05-1-19 12:56 |只看該作者

Re: my son has asperger

Dear pamam,
You can join the social skill training class of Heep Hong Society and get advice from the social workers there.  My son is diagnosed as developmental delay and has emotion problem right now (very high self esteem and cannot accept failure).  The social worker of Heep Hong gives me a lot of advice and guides me how to deal with my child.  
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

3#
發表於 05-1-20 12:45 |只看該作者

and has emotion problem right now (very high self esteem and cannot accept failure).

Ms Cheung,

Will you consider to send your son to study GO as Maxnew? It will change the situation for the above problem... My daughter is a sucessful case. :
If you want, I can give you information. My daughter has been learning there for 1.5 years..

4#
發表於 05-1-20 13:15 |只看該作者

Dear mickeyma,
Please tell me the information about the course.  Thanks.

5#
發表於 05-1-20 13:29 |只看該作者

Pls check PM.

Location is Jordan.

6#
發表於 05-1-20 14:47 |只看該作者

Thanks.

7#
發表於 05-1-20 16:40 |只看該作者

Will you consider to send your son to study GO as Maxnew? It will change the situation for the above problem... My daughter is a sucessful case. :
If you want, I can give you information. My daughter has been learning there for 1.5 years..

Could you please explain what is GO?
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長

8#
發表於 05-1-20 19:47 |只看該作者

圍棋

9#
發表於 05-1-20 20:38 |只看該作者

My son has been attending social skill classes at Heep Hong but according to them not many courses would meet his needs. As he can't read Chinese, it's quite difficult for him to get support from the government.   

10#
發表於 05-1-20 21:53 |只看該作者

Dear pamam,
What is the mother tongue of your son?  Watch Dog has training programmes for English speaking chidren.  It may help you.

11#
發表於 05-1-21 14:20 |只看該作者

Dear paman,
My son also speaks English. He attends the classes offered by Watchdog since last April. He has a lot of improvement since then, especial social skill.
To attend Watchdog's subsidised classes, you will need the referrel from gov't assessment centre. However, you may need to wait 6-9 months, as there is very limited resources in HK for non-Chinese speaking kids with special needs.
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長

12#
發表於 05-1-21 17:10 |只看該作者

pamam

my boy is dignosed as Autism feature, and the doctor tell me his symptom fits with asperger as well.  He's 5 and 1/2 now.  My boy is having gov't training at the moment and have improved in different aspects.  Have your boy got any gov't service/training at the moment ?

In my opinion, it's no use for the teacher to keep an eye on the boy all the time, since it's not practicable.  Our boys got to learn how to react in different situation.  Sometime sometwhere they got to solve the problem they face by themselves.  So what we can do is to accept them, try to communicate with others so that they can accept them and teach the boys how to react properly.  As I observe, my boy really enjoy playing by himself some of the time, so why bother to force him to play with the others.  He just got to have the ability but there's no need to change them so that they "looks like" the others.

Life will find the way out, so let's keep the faith and cheer up !!
每個小孩都是上帝用來提醒我們,這世間還有希望。——泰戈爾

13#
發表於 05-1-24 09:21 |只看該作者

Kmwum,

thanks for sharing your experience with me. My son has been going to the govt's physio(PT) and occupational(OT) therapy. Not much improvement with the PT but OT session has helped him quite a bit. He still cannot wear his socks and shoes properly. His handwriting is awful. Is your son in a mainstream school, is he coping with his school work?

I really dislike his PT nurse because she is quite mean and very opinionated, I am thinking of quitting the PT session, what do you think?

14#
發表於 05-1-24 09:24 |只看該作者

Sjmama and mrspcheung,

also thanks for your info, I will check out the watchdog program.

15#
發表於 05-1-25 15:03 |只看該作者

pamam

Yes, my son is studying in mainstream kindergarten, and after the assessment, the gov't psychologist is in an opinion that he can go and study in mainstream primary school.  I don't know my boy's problem when he apply the kindergarten, he just don't like to speak and sometimes not follow the instruction during the interview.  For myself, I don't like those traditional or "pushing" kin, and fortunately my boy's school is really good.  Actually it's the school discover his problem and discuss with us what should we do.  The school is not pushing, not much homework, no dictation, so my boy got no problem in the school.  However he got bigger problem in physical co-ordination and communication.

I also found the OT more helpful to the boy, it improve his skill in the daily life.  However, although PT seems just keep on repeating the similar exercise, it's important to our boys as well.  As explained by my boy's PT, our boys muscel is "softer" than others, this will affect their co-ordination and they will feel tire very soon.  As the boys grow up their performance should improve, like they should stand by one foot for 10 seconds now,  as are getting taller and heavier, which will affect their performance, that explain why the PT exercise is so repeative.  But if you got to choose only one between OT and PT, I will pick OT.  May I know where is your boy have the PT ?  My boy use to have PT in Princess Margaret Hospital, it's spaceous and well equiped.  However, since they have such a long queue, if the boy's situation is not so bad they will try to get rid of you asap.  My boy is having PT in his 早期 centre, could you try to change other nurse to take care of your boy, or change the service centre.
每個小孩都是上帝用來提醒我們,這世間還有希望。——泰戈爾

16#
發表於 05-1-25 15:46 |只看該作者

Dear pamam,
Watchdog's PT and OT are good. They also offer some self-financed classes in Sat and in summer. You may check with them.
但願媽媽的眼淚能灌溉寶寶, 讓寶寶茁壯地成長
‹ 上一主題|下一主題