發新帖
查看: 2716|回覆: 12
go

NIS K1 whole day class is cancelled

發表於 13-1-23 00:22 |顯示全部帖子
Anybody knows why ?  What is ur plan?

發表於 13-1-25 06:20 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:NIS K1 whole day class is cancelled

I didn't know that. Ur child will study there?

發表於 13-1-25 18:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:beatricebryan 的帖子

How to choose between NIS and st Catherine international kindergarten for k1? Which one will u choose?

發表於 13-1-25 21:04 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 caramom 於 13-1-26 22:36 編輯
sammilee99 發表於 13-1-25 18:46
How to choose between NIS and st Catherine international kindergarten for k1? Which one will u choos ...

NIS has a Primary school as backup but St. Cat doesn't.

St. Cat is regarded as a local kindergarten with high English standard while NIS is an international school, if Chinese is important to you, then go for St. Cat.

Most parents sending their children to NIS aim at their Primary school (and they're planning to operate a Secondary section too), a few of them will leave after K2 if they got better Year 1 offers. If you haven't decided wether going to international primary school or local school, then choosing St. Cat is more secure as their children are accepted by local schools (including govt aided schools and DSS, Private schools) as well as international schools (eg: Renaissance College).

If I were you I'll pick NIS since it's a real international school with low teacher-student ratio, so that children get more attention from teachers and the relationship between students are much closer. Moreover, NIS has a primary school, if my children had completed K2 at NIS, they can be promoted to Year 1 without another interview, in that case I do not have to worry again after K2. However, I understand most international schools teach Mandarin (Chinese) as a second language, therefore I have to put more effort on their Chinese progress and may have to spend more time on improving their Chinese reading/writing/listening/speaking ability.

發表於 13-1-25 21:32 |顯示全部帖子
Caramom,
Does your child study NIS K2 currently?

發表於 13-1-25 21:57 |顯示全部帖子
vinvillalee 發表於 13-1-25 21:32
Caramom,
Does your child study NIS K2 currently?

vinvillalee,
I've got relatives whose child is studying in NIS, my children are studying in SIS.

發表於 13-1-26 10:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:caramom 的帖子

I concern the academic standard in NIS. I don't know much about this school. Since I heard NIS cancel the whole day class because not enough student to enroll for whole day class. I wonder if it is a good school, why the class is not full? Just like st Catherine, all classes are full. Therefore, I would like to know more about NIS

發表於 13-1-26 11:27 |顯示全部帖子
I think it is not fair to compare NIS with St Catherine. They are total different. NIS is a international school & SC is local school. I can say NIS is not famous IS in HK compared with ESF.
My boy is studying K2 now & he loves this school very much.

發表於 13-1-26 14:09 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:sammilee99 的帖子

What you've heard is definitely not the truth, it is a totally different story. Please don't believe the hear-say. Better ask for a school tour,  feel the heart of the teachers there, talk to the existing parents after the school, you would then have a better and true picture. It is not proper to say something bad of a good school just based on the rumors.

點評

vinvillalee  Agree  發表於 13-1-26 16:12

發表於 13-1-26 15:02 |顯示全部帖子
sammilee99 發表於 13-1-26 10:46
I concern the academic standard in NIS. I don't know much about this school. Since I heard NIS cance ...

I think one of the reasons is that most parents thinkwhole day class is too tough for young children, it's not necessary to take whole day classes in K1/K2, children should spend more time at home for resting, playing, reading etc, half day class already gave sufficient time for children to gain knowledge and social skills.

As I know St. Cat is a famous kindergarten in Kowloon Tong, because of their higher English standard and excellent primary school allocation (in some parents view), this school became more popular and almost all classes are full. It couldn't be compared with NIS as they're totally different school type and parents have different expectations.

My child was offered an interview 2 years ago for NIS Year 1, it is a very good school but it's too far from our home, if we live nearer, we'll definitely go for NIS. Although it's a small school comapred with ESF, GSIS etc, but teachers are really patient ,they love children very much and it's a school that full of love and care.

點評

vinvillalee  Agree  發表於 13-1-26 16:12

發表於 13-1-29 10:36 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:NIS K1 whole day class is cancelled

My child is admitted to K1 for coming sep 2013. When school gives the offer, they let you to choose am/pm/whole day. I guess so happen no one choose whole day. Teacher said may be more people will choose whole day at K2 for better adjustment to grade 1.
School is good. More and more people enroll this year.

發表於 13-1-29 16:55 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 vinvillalee 於 13-1-29 16:56 編輯

Yes. Compare to past few years, more people apply NIS. One of the reason is they have primary school. My boy is studying K2 currently & he will go to G1 on August . The principal told us there are so many people apply for G1 & G2 this year & 20% of the applicant (outsider) has received an offer finally for G1

發表於 13-1-29 19:16 |顯示全部帖子

引用:+本帖最後由+vinvillalee+於+13-1-29+16:56

原帖由 vinvillalee 於 13-01-29 發表
本帖最後由 vinvillalee 於 13-1-29 16:56 編輯

Yes. Compare to past few years, more people apply NI ...
For those attending NIS kindergarten, do you enroll any Chinese lesson as extra-curriculum activity? I am a Christian. I hope Esther can go to a Christian school.