發表於 05-1-18 21:53 |只看該作者

崇真教學法

本人有以下問題請教大家:
我的小孩較好動,對於背誦的興趣不太熱衷,抄寫如不太多還可。未知能否適應崇真小學的教學法。請熟悉該校的朋友給予本人一點參考資料或意見。多少無拘,謝謝。

2#
發表於 05-1-20 03:52 |只看該作者

Re: 崇真教學法

funnyleung ,
My kids aren't studying at this school but it is one of the highlighted schools for my kids in the future. I suggest you to email the principal Dr. Tam who is so helpful, sincere and patient. I emailed her few times and she returned my emails promptly. She will give you some suggestions.

Also, this school will have an international section this year, this might be another option for your kid.

Honestly, I am taking considerations on this school cos' I believe that its vision and mission are carried out very well. There are so many activities and tools to help kids to grow in different ways according to their potentials. They are taking care of kids who have different needs.

Hope this information helps.

3#
發表於 05-1-20 18:46 |只看該作者

Amy,
謝謝你的寶貴意見。
Funny

4#
發表於 05-1-21 01:52 |只看該作者

funnyleung,

I think Tsung Tsin's teaching approach is half way between activity and traditional.  As to P.1, the homework load is acceptable. In average, take Chinese 抄寫  as an example, my boy has to write 5- 7 words, each 3 times (for weekend, likely more words, around 8-10). Not everyday has Chinese 抄寫  homework. For Chinese dictations, so far 3 out of 6 dictations included recitation of a chapter of the textbook (about 6 sentences). For G.E. dictations, no recitation of text so far. The frequency of dictations changed from every week to alternate week both for Chinese and Eng in the recent years (?2 yrs), so there is less pressure for the children as they only have 1 dictation every week.  

Also starting from 04/05, the no. of tests will be reduced to 1 in 2nd term (i.e. 1 test 1 exam for 2nd term, but still 2 tests 1 exam for 1st term). The principal said there would be more activities in 2nd term such as day camp for P.1-2 and overnight camp for P.3-P.6 (apart from school picnic already organized in Sept), and so 1 test was cut. I welcome this as i can have more play  and  reading time with my boy instead. So far my boy can adjust well the school life.

BTW, Tsung Tsin has drama lesson (taught by a full-time teacher graduated from HKAPA majoring in director) , once per week for each class and according to my boy, kids enjoy very much the lesson. And also there're many extracurricular activities after school (3:30pm to 4:30pm). They're optional.

Hope the above information can give you some help.

Regards
Cowboymama

5#
發表於 05-1-21 15:34 |只看該作者

Hi cowboymama,

I'm interested in TT as well and have got some info already. Is your boy studying in the mainstream? Is the English environment sufficient for mainstream class? Has the school adapted Mandarin for Chinese teaching already?

Thanks for your help.

6#
發表於 05-1-24 19:44 |只看該作者

cowboymama,

請問係咪今年開始所有書本除左中文外,係全英文書呢?之前聽過話某些課目係中/英文書及以廣東/英語授課,而家係咪改左呢?謝謝

7#
發表於 05-1-24 21:02 |只看該作者

親愛的cowboymama:
    謝謝你的資料,實在很有參考價值。,如你再想到什麼學校資料,可再與我分享,因為我實在所知不多。我想我對該校的功課、測驗或考試都很關心。
funny   

8#
發表於 05-1-26 00:15 |只看該作者

Hi whiskers,

對不起,因事忙及要好好想想,這時才能答你.

Is your boy studying in the mainstream? Is the English environment sufficient for mainstream class?

小兒是主流班學生,接觸英語的機會算頗多,當然與一个全英語環境仍有一段大?/中?距離. 足夠與否則要看家長的要求. 小兒接觸英語的機會包括:
(1) 3個外籍教師分別教Oral & Readers, ICT(i.e. computer knowledge), Music, total 4 lessons/week (全校有8位外籍教師).小兒ICT堂有些听不明,但對成績影响不大,因ICT assessment只考hand-on,如開小畫家及Word Pad. Music一堂中國籍教師,教樂理等;一堂外籍教師,教唱英文歌.我想学校的用意是讓小朋友透个一些「閒」科較輕鬆聽多一點学多一點英文.
(2)  每天小息及中午有Learn with Fun攤位,由外籍教師主持,小朋友就當月主題逐個回答問題. 起初老師讓小朋友自由参加,到十月尾左右會檢查他們的記錄冊,要求一定的参加次數.另外,當天要玩了起碼1次Learn with Fun或普通話攤位才可小息或中午到電腦室玩電腦.小兒現習慣早上第1个小息玩Learn with Fun及普通話攤位,第2个小息「歎」小食,中午便可開開心心玩電腦.下午小息只得5分鐘,飲吓水就夠鐘,無甚作為.
(3) 周六有免費兩小時English Play Stations,由英基中学生做義工帶英語小組,有遊戲和閱讀,可自由報名. 小兒玩得開心.
(4) 平日放学後3:30-4:30pm的課後活動每天也有英文Cambridge/Trinity 班, 由外籍教師教,可自由報名, $48/hr.小兒參加了兩天,據他說一天十多位同學,一天則有二十位多一些. 另亦有phonics或 Oral班.

若家長能善加利用這些資源,應該不錯.小兒K.3時上phonics堂外籍教師說他shy,只答Yes/No,其實我們分析他是字彙不足或听不明.現在他說玩Learn with fun,老師曾問他十多條問題,他都可以用完整句子回答.但據小兒說,有個同学則很多條題目也要「提水」.據一个.2家長說,学生的程度很參差;叻的很叻,差的很差(我想這與崇真在區內私小只屬二線有關.但自譚校長自1996年8月接任,聽說改革不少,但升中banding相信未能同步反映,因仍沿用98-2000年的学能測驗成績,即band 1 只是接近五成,影響收生).小兒另一進步是英文字彙增多了,尤以能認能讀的字.這与他自11月底積極參加学校閱讀計劃有關,老師也在班內推動,他現在已泛讀了120本中英文書,每本書我們也要他起碼大聲朗讀一次,因而讀reader能有板有眼(另一原因可能是多听外籍教師 的native tone).但小兒仍未能spontaneous 以英語與人交談.

Has the school adapted Mandarin for Chinese teaching already?
今年P.1巳用普通話教中文,全部7位普通話老師已達基準.

傻妹

今年只是改了中文用普通話教,其他無變,即Maths用中文及英文書, 廣東話及英語教;常識: 英文書, 廣東話及英語教; 聖經:中文書, 廣東話教;電腦:中文書, 英語教.

Funny and others,

You may be interested to go to Tsung Tsun's website (www.ttkgps.edu.hk) as recently there's a 28-minute episode uploaded about its campus life produced by Cable TV. It may give you a much more lively picture of the school.

Hope the information helps and not so tedious.
Cowboymama

9#
發表於 05-1-26 00:41 |只看該作者

Cowboymama,

Thanks a lot; this is good info. And your boy is so great to read 120本中英文書 already in a few months . I guess the school is able to cultivate a good learning atmosphere and foster the reading habit; the info is really helpful.

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 05-1-26 08:43 |只看該作者

Hi cowboymama,

Your information is so useful!!  Thanks a lot!

I want to know any English composition homework / 英週 to do during P.1 or P.2.  Any quatotation to this activity 周六有免費兩小時English Play Stations,由英基中学生做義工帶英語小組,有遊戲和閱讀,可自由報名.

I think your kid likes this school so much!

11#
發表於 05-1-26 12:37 |只看該作者

cowboymama

多謝你的詳細解釋, 令我對崇真加深了解, 但係我想知咩叫主流班? 同其它班有咩分別?

我都怕囡囡第日如果派唔到好的津小, 但又唔想佢讀一些好深的私小, 怕太大壓力, 請問你認為崇真小學是否不錯的選擇呢?

vvmakyy

12#
發表於 05-1-26 15:32 |只看該作者

cowboymama,

你真係講得好詳盡,真係要講聲多謝!係呢,請問主流班每班有幾多個學生呢?

Thank you very much!

13#
發表於 05-1-26 20:29 |只看該作者

我對此校也十分有興趣, 出年也一定會報讀.  但我小朋友不是這校幼稚園生, 會不會很難入呢?  另, 大約幾時招生呢?  學校有沒有開放日呢?  可從那裡知道呢?

如不是原校生升上去難適應嗎?  會不會是校內異數呢?  

重有, 聽聞學校蚊患情況幾嚴重, 是嗎?

14#
發表於 05-1-27 02:08 |只看該作者

cy101,

So far my boy doesn't have Eng composition homework or Eng journal this term. For P.2, I have no information. P.1 has Eng guided writing lesson (2 lessons per week) and sometimes my boy brought home his guided writing assignment done at class, say,drawing a picture with a few sentences describing his school, another one about his bedroom.

For Eng Play Stations, the school has already organized this activity for some seven years for her students. This year it got funding from Language Fund and so is also open for students of other schools aged 3-9 (K.1-P.3) with total places of 750 on first-come-first-serve basis. A total of about 100 ESF native English-speaking student volunteers (led by 6 teachers) would play and read with the children in a group of 8 each. My boy got accepted in 1st term but didn't get a place in 2nd term. In fact, I mailed the application form the following day after I got the school notice. Maybe too many applications from Kowloon applicants. (the school said equal chance to be admitted for applicants from HK Island, Kln, NT West and NT East).

Yes, my boy likes the school very much and he joins extra-curricular activities everyday after school, on Sat morning and even during Christmas holiday!

Vvmakyy,

/但係我想知咩叫主流班? 同其它班有咩分別?/

因今年新開國際班(International Section), 故以往普通班又稱主流班(mainstream). 小一暫時來說不算深,我想此校不會太催谷, 壓力不算太大. If you want to know more about this school especially its P.1 curriculum, you can click to its website (www.ttpskg.edu.hk) to see "Admission to Primary One" under "What's new" or go straight to www.ttpskg.edu.hk/doc/ttpskg_P1.pdf  (2004-2005小一課程內容及小学部課程運作撮要)

/我都怕囡囡第日如果派唔到好的津小, 但又唔想佢讀一些好深的私小, 怕太大壓力, 請問你認為崇真小學是否不錯的選擇呢? /

Given your requirement, TT is a good choice, I think. But better that more TT parents can share their views to you before you come to a conclusion. Anybody there?

傻妹,

/請問主流班每班有幾多個學生呢?/
小一一班約30人.

Allie,

/但我小朋友不是這校幼稚園生, 會不會很難入呢?/
Not difficult to get a place, I think.

另, 大約幾時招生呢?
From end Sept or Oct onwards every year. Have several intakes.

學校有沒有開放日呢? 可從那裡知道呢?
In Oct every year. You can check its website in coming Oct.

如不是原校生升上去難適應嗎? 會不會是校內異數呢?
I don't think so. I think average student can manage, as far as P.1 is concerned.

重有, 聽聞學校蚊患情況幾嚴重, 是嗎?
Give you the figure and you judge: my boy so far got 4-5 occasions of mosquito bite.

Cowboymama

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 05-1-27 09:05 |只看該作者

Cowboymama,

Thanks so much!

16#
發表於 05-1-27 16:12 |只看該作者

cowboymama,

唔該晒!係呢,崇真既課外活動及功課輔導於開學及學期尾幾時開始或完結呢?謝謝

17#
發表於 05-1-27 16:47 |只看該作者

Cowboymama

唔該你的解答, 想問下你囝囝現在讀得輕鬆嗎? 佢覺得有壓力嗎? 如 : 學校老師給的壓力 和 同學之間要爭取好成績而...

vvmakyy

18#
發表於 05-1-28 17:26 |只看該作者

Cowboymama,

我囡囡將於今年九月入讀崇真小一, 她是一個很活躍的女孩, 很喜歡參與各樣活動. 現想請問一下, 崇真的課外活動是否要收費的, 抑或是需要外聘老師教授的科目才需要收費, 其餘是免費呢?

19#
發表於 05-1-28 23:08 |只看該作者

Inmami,

呢樣我可以答你,大部份既課外活動都要收費,但都係幾十蚊一堂(校內或外聘教師);唔過80蚊.

20#
發表於 05-1-29 02:23 |只看該作者

傻妹,

/崇真既課外活動及功課輔導於開學及學期尾幾時開始或完結呢?/

課外活動: 4/10/04 – 2/2/05 for 1st term, 3/2/05 – 20/6/05 for 2nd term;
功課輔導班: 2/9/04 – 30/6/05 (学校假期及三數天特別活動沒有班; 考試週期間則安排為11am-2pm);七月有沒有班則不清楚,通告冇寫.

vvmakyy,

/想問下你囝囝現在讀得輕鬆嗎? 佢覺得有壓力嗎? 如 : 學校老師給的壓力 和 同學之間要爭取好成績而.../

就P.1上学期而言,課程及測驗不算深. 就你的問題我問了小兒,小兒說:讀得好輕鬆, 緊係冇壓力啦!老師不會給壓力同學. 小兒說老師很多時會獎小朋友貼紙,如答對問題及默書100分,儲夠貼紙便換文具,另外測驗成績好又會有小礼物.平時上課會分組坐,該組秩序好,答對問題多等,累積一定分數便會該組組員每人一份獎品, 我想這應会令同學之間团結起來.也沒听小兒說有什麽競争.

Inmamai,

/現想請問一下, 崇真的課外活動是否要收費的, 抑或是需要外聘老師教授的科目才需要收費, 其餘是免費呢?/

如傻妹說, 唔過80蚊(except $104 for electronic piano class and $95 for swimming class which already include $10 for travelling fee).

Supplementary info:majority is about $50/hr. Some large group activities taught by school teachers charge only $50 per term. And all activity fees are paid by two instalments so as to reduce parent's financial burden.  

Regards
Cowboymama

:wink:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題