42#
發表於 12-12-11 14:33 |只看該作者
我想問吓現實D既問題
其實平均每月既學費+雜費大概幾多呢?

43#
發表於 12-12-11 23:10 |只看該作者
回復 hogwarts 的帖子

Dear Hogwarts,

Thank you for your advice.  Normally when the school will annouce the result after interview??

elbb

44#
發表於 12-12-12 06:32 |只看該作者
回復 elbb 的帖子

In the past, the result was out within a couple of weeks.  The school is usually quite efficient.
Apart from school fee, ECA will cost something.   Taking football as an example, if the boy was in the interest group, it was about $800 per year (must go up la, this was 6 years old figure).  If the boy was in school team, it was about 1200 because there was one more training session, sometime two, per week.

Paul's Action was free of charges, Mrs. Chan once said that she wanted to keep it this way.   And my boy had joint another trip to Mainland, with supplement from EB, cost only 100.

No need to spend too much in tuition during primary, just ensure the kid doing the homework right the first time round.  Kids love fun, while keeping their love for learning, ECA is very important.  In my boy's years in SPCPS, some of his friends joint more than 3 ECA from school even in P6.  SPC, both in primary and secondly, is a school encouraging their students to take up ECA to develop their characters and strengthens to be an all-rounded young person.  The Principal of Secondary, once wrote that busy student was good student.  Now my son is in the secondary, he spends six days a week in the school.

My experience only, the school offered quality ECA with reasonable cost, there was no need to spend money to join ECA organized by outside organization.

Well, I must stress that this is only my personal experience, I came across parents complaining about homework pressure, or lacking of pressure and not enough supports.  

The school was quite transparent, 4 years ago, the school was under the DSS review, the school openly invited parent to join the review panel.  And Mrs. Chan and teachers always return calls from parents about anything.  As mentioned earlier, our family first call was to complain why the first dictation was so hard to ask the boys to spell one to twenty in the second week.

45#
發表於 12-12-12 07:38 |只看該作者

回覆:聖保羅書院小學

Dear parents,
I am a 2013 K1 boy parent, would like to ask if this school a traditional teaching school or an IB like teaching school?

46#
發表於 12-12-12 08:11 |只看該作者

Not IB

47#
發表於 12-12-12 10:14 |只看該作者
Is this St. Paul Boys?

醒目開學勳章

48#
發表於 12-12-12 10:54 |只看該作者
hogwarts 發表於 12-12-12 06:32
回復 elbb 的帖子

In the past, the result was out within a couple of weeks.  The school is usually q ...
咁睇落都無太多雜費~~因為如果計學費,其實都係多KG小小,咁起碼我知自己負擔到
只係怕會有好多未知既費用

49#
發表於 12-12-13 00:29 |只看該作者
回復 hogwarts 的帖子

Dear Hogwarts,

Thank you so much for your detailed explaination.  I can understand better the school life of SPC.   By the way, can you tell me more about ECA, what is the full name of it?? Nowadays, kids need to learn many extra activities, it will be good if they can learn it at the school.  

elbb

50#
發表於 12-12-13 00:55 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 hogwarts 於 12-12-13 01:02 編輯

There are over ten ECA

Music Related
individual musical instrument to orchestra, choir and singing group

Sports
The football school team just won the 1st runner up of the western district and there about 6 sport interest groups or school teams

Visual Art Group - 4 years ago, this group spent times in China during CNY.

Go, chess and other board games group

Scouts, Road Safety and Junior Police Call

Paul's Action - rural visit to China.  In the first year, those were not joining, took up the janitor duties to earn points to buy their lunch.   It is a very good project for the boys to learn what is poverty and the difficulty to earn a living by hard labour.   Well, even these "painful" experience might not last long.   However, the secondary also provides similar ECA to "strengthen" these experience.  They have community services project(s) in Mainland, last year there were students from overseas school.  

Link of the presentation of the secondary community services project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4u_vPtcug&feature=youtu.be

In St Paul's College, you can find continuity of other learning experience from primary to secondary.  Please make good use of this arrangement when your boy is in the family.

點評

hellomiffy    發表於 12-12-13 11:23

51#
發表於 12-12-13 10:47 |只看該作者
Anyone could share 1st Intrv experience?

52#
發表於 12-12-13 21:47 |只看該作者

我都只是幫囝囝報了4間學校,但是音訊全無,唯獨是收到Paul Boys 2nd in信。好像做夢一樣。身邊有很多家長的小孩子有了offer,而自己的小朋友一樣都無只好留待第一輪派位,怎料20分都無機會入到心儀學校。心痛不已! 但是我沒有告訴我的愛子知道,他只是一個5歲的小孩為什麼要他接受這樣的事實呢?! 我選擇讓他過著最後一年的幼稚園生活吧!不明白現在教育制度那麼殘忍地對待我們的小孩。最後我祝各位小朋友可以入讀一間適合的小學。

‹ 上一主題|下一主題