0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 12-11-23 11:48 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 12-11-23 12:38 |只看該作者
RC - pay more
聖彼得 - pay less;

Both can get into good secondary schools, you are so lucky that can be picked up by both.

4#
發表於 12-11-23 13:12 |只看該作者
I heard St. Peter will become whole-day school in a year or two after St. Paul's Boy has moved out, so this is good.

It is also good that you can walk to school as well, so kids can wake up a bit later.  Depending on the school bus route, if you pick Raimondi, kids may need to get on the school bus at around 7:00am, that's very very early!

Besides, Raimondi has 38-40 students in a class, while I suspect St. Peter has less (may be 30?)

St. Peter is a Christian school, Raimondi is a Catholic school, if that matters to you.

Finally, as we all know, St. Peter is free of charge!

5#
發表於 12-11-23 13:24 |只看該作者
Lung12345 發表於 12-11-23 11:48
I vote RC ! St Peter要升kings要全級頭十名先有機呢!
謝謝你的回覆,呢個就係我的憂慮,因為係個時候,仲未知係仔有幾多潛能
但如果當佢真係咁勁入到KING是否比RC COLLEGE好?謝謝

6#
發表於 12-11-23 13:27 |只看該作者
fishmeow 發表於 12-11-23 12:38
RC - pay more
聖彼得 - pay less;
Kids from St Peter are polite.  Kids from RC is super polite and lovely.  I found that when I went to those schools.  The kids from RC really suprised me

yes my son is lucky accepted by RC. RC is good as maths and he loves maths. Now almost finished P.1 maths.

If RC is better than I dont mind to pay.

Thanks for your reply. ^^

7#
發表於 12-11-23 13:28 |只看該作者
fishmeow 發表於 12-11-23 12:38
RC - pay more
聖彼得 - pay less;

oh yes forgot to say we were not accpted by St Peter yet but I just think I have chance to get it.  I would like to ask now because I think if in case I got accepted on 26th parents may be too busy to give me a hand that day.  :)

8#
發表於 12-11-23 13:34 |只看該作者
ethanjoyce 發表於 12-11-23 13:12
I heard St. Peter will become whole-day school in a year or two after St. Paul's Boy has moved out,  ...

We are Catholic. RC is Catholic.  But I found SP good too they accpet our 5 mark so I think they can accept we being Catholic too.

I chose SP because easier to get in than other super welcome public schools and it is close.

But after I visited RC I found this is a really good school.

Have to make up my mind.  Also, at the age of 5 it's hard to predict how good can the kid be.

9#
發表於 12-11-23 14:15 |只看該作者
iamfansma 發表於 12-11-23 13:34
We are Catholic. RC is Catholic.  But I found SP good too they accpet our 5 mark so I think they ca ...
If you only have 20 marks, it's not easy to get in St. Peter.  St. Peter is one of the most popular public primary schools in Net11, and as you pointed out, SKH schools accept and give 5 marks to both Christian and Catholic religion children, so you can imagine there will be A LOT of 20 marks children to compete in Discretionary Place allocation stage.
Having said that, if you are so lucky to get a place in St. Peter, I think your consideration will be down to:
(1) Distance and time to school - Nearby is good not only that you can wake up a bit later, but also after school extra-curricular activities. (+ve for St. Peter)
(2) Class-size - again I don't know how many students per class in St. Peter, but you should be able to find out fairly easily.  Raimondi has very large class which is one of the concerns. (+ve for St. Peter)
(3) Secondary school back-up.  In my opinion, overall, from academic point of view, King's is better, but Raimondi is good enough.  I'm a Raimondi alumni, and for our year of HKCEE, we do have one person got 8 A's (for 8 subjects), and many people got many A's.  Most people got into university locally or abroad.   (+ve for Raimondi)

10#
發表於 12-11-23 15:02 |只看該作者
回復 ethanjoyce 的帖子

Just a question: If SKH accept both Christian and Catholics, does the child need to have the cerificate issued by church to get the 5 marks or the parents got the certificate is enough? Is it apply to all SKH schools or just SKH SP?

Thanks.

11#
發表於 12-11-23 15:36 |只看該作者
irenelfy 發表於 12-11-23 15:02
回復 ethanjoyce 的帖子

Just a question: If SKH accept both Christian and Catholics, does the child  ...

I needed to submit the baptism certicate of  my son.

12#
發表於 12-11-23 15:44 |只看該作者
ethanjoyce 發表於 12-11-23 14:15
If you only have 20 marks, it's not easy to get in St. Peter.  St. Peter is one of the most popular  ...

Yes I know the competition for SP is also hard. But just in case I got it I need to choose one from the two.  Also, if I register Raimondi I cannot go for lucky draw.  I opted for pm of SP as heard less people prefer pm.

I totally agree with you close is a very good point for kids.  They are so young should not travel too much and also easier to pick him up after school or extra-cuccicular activites.  That's a main reason why I chose SP.  Also me or my family can pick him up after school he will be super happy.

I know that class size is big at Raimondi.  But on the other hand I heard students needs to stay in classroom during recess at SP cause the school is small.  This sounds a little bit sad.  I think kids should have space to exercise.

For Raimondi I think their Maths is better.  As an almuni could you suggest me if it is true? Thanks!!  My son loves maths a lot and he is good at calculation. Heard there will be special traninig at Raimondi in Maths if he is good enough.  Also, Is studying at Raimondi Secondary School good enough for him to go to local university?
Thanks for your comment!!

13#
發表於 12-11-23 15:52 |只看該作者
irenelfy 發表於 12-11-23 15:02
回復 ethanjoyce 的帖子

Just a question: If SKH accept both Christian and Catholics, does the child  ...
As far as I know, all SKH schools consider both Christian and Catholics to get the 5 marks.  You do need to proof that, and it's not the parents but the kid.  So it will be either a baptism certificate or endorsed/certifed by the Church.  Having said that, it's still relatively easy to get this if you're either a Christian or a Catholic.

14#
發表於 12-11-23 16:17 |只看該作者
iamfansma 發表於 12-11-23 15:44
Yes I know the competition for SP is also hard. But just in case I got it I need to choose one from ...
For Raimondi math, yes I think they're very good at that, as least in my years.  Afterall, it was a boys school, and boys are usually good at math.   However, I can't speak for St. Peter for this, so it's hard to compare.
FYI, Raimondi teaches math in both Chinese and English.

I'm not sure if there's additional special training in Math in Raimondi.

In my years, many people can go to universities, both locally and abroad. In my opinion, both King's, Raimondi, and other Band 1 schools are able to provide sufficient support and resources to help students do well in public exams, so it's all depending on the student.  If the student is hardworking, I think he/she can do very well in any of these band 1 secondary schools.  That's why I said Raimondi secondary is good enough

15#
發表於 12-11-26 14:22 |只看該作者
回復 iamfansma 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing.

16#
發表於 12-11-26 14:24 |只看該作者
回復 ethanjoyce 的帖子

Thanks. This information is useful to me. At the very beginning I think SKH only accept 5 marks from SKH church. But now I can try since my husband is from Baptist instead of SKH.

17#
發表於 12-11-26 14:31 |只看該作者
ethanjoyce 發表於 12-11-23 16:17
For Raimondi math, yes I think they're very good at that, as least in my years.  Afterall, it was a  ...

Thanks for sharing!!

I have no need to choose lah. I actually made up my mind a few days ago.  Also today knew that my son not accepted by St Peter lah. No need to think anymore

Tthank you so much for your kind help~!!{:1_1:}

18#
發表於 12-11-26 14:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 iamfansma 於 12-11-26 14:33 編輯
irenelfy 發表於 12-11-26 14:24
回復 ethanjoyce 的帖子

Thanks. This information is useful to me. At the very beginning I think SKH  ...

But today I was told SKH school maybe even more competitive as both Catholic and Christian can apply with 20 marks.  I did not think about this before. :)

19#
發表於 12-11-26 14:40 |只看該作者
iamfansma 發表於 12-11-26 14:32
But today I was told SKH school maybe even more competitive as both Catholic and Christian can appl ...
Exactly, that's why I said with just 20 marks for SKH school, especially St. Peter, chance is very slim.

20#
發表於 12-11-26 14:41 |只看該作者
iamfansma 發表於 12-11-26 14:31
Thanks for sharing!!

I have no need to choose lah. I actually made up my mind a few days ago.  Als ...
Hope my son can get in and become classmate as well.  We're on RC wait list.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題